• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What languages do you speak?

Status
Not open for further replies.

~AntonioBIO~

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I speak English, Spanish, some Italian, and very little German. I have to take a German class, so that's why I know any German at all! :)

Last edited:
I speak English. Although I know some French and a tad of Japanese, I don't seriously speak them. (When I say that, I mean I'll say little sentences to myself, or say and sing phrases from songs, or ask/tell my sister things like "Nani shiteru no" and "Ohayou," but I'll wish and hope my French teacher won't call on me and say things like "Je n'ai pas aucune idée!" when he does.) I generally hate speaking to people. I sometimes switch words around for some reason, and I've always been very sensitive about it. And that's just in English. I don't want to try in French or Japanese (though my French teacher isn't giving us a choice...).

For me, reading>>>>writing>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>speaking, at least when I have a choice in the matter.

I like trying to read the Spanish on different packages and signs I see, though I don't know much of it.

Last edited:
My native language is Romanian, but i do speak fluently English; also, i know a bit of French, a little bit of Korean and now i'm learning Japanese(just got my first English-Japanese pocket dictionary).

Wow! Everyone who posted knows even a bit of Japanese? That's so cool! I don't have anything to do with the Japanese Language, since I am from Italy, but I wonder how and why you guys know little/some/a lot of Japanese. I am not trying to be rude, obviously!

I speak English(obviously enough :p), a decent amount of German(considering that I've only been learning it for...4 months? 5 months?), and bits and pieces of Japanese.

english, french, spanish, a little russian, a little italian, a little greek and, of course, romanian:p...hm..might be others too...don't remember

My mother tongue is Portuguese, my second language would be English, I speak it fluently, I also Speak Spanish, German and French.

I can speak English. Then I learned Spanish, French, Russian, German and Italian.

nYoo, the thread you just showed a link to has not been posted in since last year, making it void. Thanks anyway :) If you only post a link with nothing else at all, this might be considered SPAM. Otherwise::spam:

Last edited:
My native language is Portuguese. But I speak English, Spanish (or Portuñol, lol) and one things or two of Japanese.

I don't know how to speak English.

I do understand very little Japanese and Spanish.

I fluently speak English, German nearly fluently, some Japanese and tiny bits of French, Spanish and Russian.

English is my native language, so I can pretty much speak that. And when I say English, I mean real English, none of this missing "u"s out of words like colour or neighbour and none of this "sidewalk" and "elevator" stuff, real English.
I have been learning French since I was about seven years old, but thanks to our wonderful country's learning system, I can't really say much of use to a French person. The same goes for German, except I've only been learning that since I was around 12. I'm predicted A* at GCSE for French and German, but only an A for English. Weird how I'm expected to do better in two foreign languages than my native language. But, of course, English isn't graded on how well you can speak it, it's graded on your interpretation of boring poems and books, silly me. Well, before this turns into a huge rant I'm going to stop.

My native language is Danish, and I've been able to understand English since I was about 4.
I used to know German pretty well, however, it has turned pretty much dull as I haven't used it for two years. So my used-to-be good grammar is now crap ;-;

I know a few words in Japanese and can speak a couple of phrases but it isn't anything great.

Because of my Danish I'm also capable of understand Swedish and "speak" Norwegian as they're pretty much alike.

English (my native language) , Vietnamese, and a "meh-ish" of Japanese (I understand a little bit - my Japanese is very very limited).

And I know at least four or five words in Spanish.

English obviously, and I know some French, like pretty much just really basic French, and then I know about...20 words in Japanese XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom