• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What party did you use against Team RR

Did you use any Legendaries or Mega Evolutions against RR

• I used a Legendary

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • I used a Mega Evolution

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • I used both

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • I used neither

Votes: 16 61.5%

• Total voters

jskylinegtr34

Maxpein Belle Mariano and Fangirl Charlie Dizon
Reaction score
What were the Pokemon you used against Team Rainbow Rocket (including the previous villains)
I used the opposite legendary to beat them all, and the Mewtwo i used held the opposite Mega Stone of Giovanni's.

Foretress, Incineroar, Lurantis, Mimikyu, Ninetales & Toxapex, the team I used for the rest of the game. Not having ground-type moves made the grunts very challenging.

I couldn't have used a legendary even if I wanted because Ultra Warp Ride hates me.

I had Incinaroar, Braviary, Starmie, Totem-sized Lurantis, Kommo-o, and Magnazone. My Starmie swept the grunts. The leaders (aside from Giovannie [if I recall]) were easy.

Last edited:
I finished it in Ultra Moon, with Dawn Necrozma, Primal Kyogre, and the legendaries RR uses in Ultra Sun only. When i do it in Ultra Sun, i will use the legendaries they used in Ultra Moon.

For a bit there, I considered beating each boss with the team I used to beat them in their respective games.

In the end, though, I went with my 'The Team.' Meaning, my signature team. I've been through every region with this team since I finished assembling it in Gen IV. Whether it's just my Starter hanging out in my party until the badges tell me I can use it again, or swapping out my in-game team for 'the team' during the post-game, these critters have been through every single region with me (sometimes more than once, like with Hoenn.) My team is: Venusaur, Houndoom, Milotic, Manectric, Scizor, Dragonite. And yes, Venusaur had the Mega Stone (though I didn't need to actually use it.)

That was Ultra Sun. In Ultra Moon, I did the same thing but with my Female PC's signature team. Her team is: Blastoise, Ninetales, Roserade, Heracross, Luxray, and Tyranitar. Same story. Same deal. I've played with that team since FRLG, though some members were introduced in later Generations (Ninetales for the girl and Dragonite for the boy were obtained in Unova.)

Just my main story team. Decidueye, Mr. Mime, Toxapex, Mudsdale, Zoroark, and Hawlucha. Fun fact, I named them all after moons (Enceladus, Ganymede, Miranda, Luna, Deimos, and Phobos) despite it being in Ultra Sun.

When I get to that point in Ultra Moon, I’ll most likely just use my main story team for that game as well (which would be Primarina, Malamar, Salazzle, Torterra, Creamsicle Lycanroc, and Xurkitree - I planned out all of the members for this team beforehand aside from Lycanroc; I’m still not sure if I want to keep it around for the whole game).

I had Arcanine, Zoroark, Venusaur, Hawlucha... can't remember the other one, and Necrozma (Dusk Mane).

It really was moot. Mewtwo OHKO'd everyone including Necrozma, forcing a reset, in which I inevitably relied on a Poke Refresh endure to finish him off.

It was at that point that I abolished the use of Refresh entirely.

I used a team that I gathered in Heartgold and used in every post game since to take down team RR. They were all lvl 100 and consist of typhlosion, victreebel,umbreon,ampharos, crobat and the red gyarados. They were decent enough but I hadn’t put any ground type moves on them so I struggled a little against them.

Primarina, Oranguru, Houndoom (with Mega Stone), Rotom, Kommo-o (Totem), and Kartana.

All of them were level 100, EV trained, and even Hyper Trained because the entire concept of Rainbow Rocket makes me hurl in disgust and I wanted to get the whole thing over and done with quickly. I almost gave up on buying Ultra Moon when that plot was announced; that's how much I hate it.

Particularly the bit with Giovanni, in which I just had Oranguru use Calm Mind six times to crush his team and saved that Shattered Psyche for Mewtwo solely out of spite. No relieving memories here.

I used the same team pretty much throughout the entire game, which consisted of Incineroar, Ribombee, Bewear, Starmie, Magnezone, and Mimikyu. I think all were around 75-77 by the time I finished.

At the point in which I got to the RR episode, I had also just finished playing through the VC version of Red. So, symbolically, I used a blend of my US team and my final Red team, as well as using the shiny Butterfree I bred in Sun to level her up. For the occasion, given all the grunts and their poison types, I taught her Psyhic, and it was sort of nostalgic for me cuz I remember spamming confusion and psychic with my Butterfree in Yellow when I was a little kid.

Edit: not that it matters so much, but the teams I combined and rotated were

Ultra Sun: Kaepora the Decidueye, Makar the Sudowoodo, Tetra the Lumineon, Lady Maud the Arbok, Ciela the (pompom) Oricorio, and Ravio the Wigglytuff.

Red: Bonbon the Parasect, Brownie the Graveller, Eclair the Electrode, Tiramisu the Pidgeot, Macaroon the Magmar, and Cookie the Kingler.

And of course, my Shiny Butterfree (who unfortunately still has no name).

Last edited:
So, exactly, i had the Dawn Necrozma, and the opposite legendaries (Zekrom, Dialga, Xerneas, Mewtwo, with X Mega Stone,) and Kyogre with Orb, in Ultra Sun, i plan to use both Hoenn Legendaries with their orbs, a Mega Lucario against the grunts, and, against the rest, the legendaries RR uses in Ultra Moon (Reshiram vs Ghetsis, Mewtwo Y vs Giovanni, Palkia vs Cyrus, and Yveltal vs Lysandre)

I used Zygarde (with power construct), Reyquaza (Mega Evolution to take care of Archie/Maxie), and Dawn Necrozma, Incineroar, Mimikyu, and I don't remember the sixth.

A team full of Legendary Pokémon (if Ultra Beasts count as Legendary Pokémon), including not one, but two fused Necrozma formes (both Dawn and Dusk), and a Naganadel.
The first part before I enter the castle was kinda hard, but it's much easier later.
I knocked out most Enemy Leaders' Legendaries with Ultra Necrozma, including Lysandre's Yveltal (gonna cook that Bacon Bird with Power Gem) and Giovanni's Mega Mewtwo Y.

The Rainbow Rocket grunts are terrified when my Ultra Necrozma wiped them out. With my Pokémon Bank, I can have both Dawn Wings and Dusk Mane Necrozma raiding the Rainbow Rocket Castle.

I beat Episode RR in Ultra Sun using Lucario, Garchomp, Salamence, Metagross, Tyranitar, Scizor, Gengar and Gyarados (Each had Mega Stone) as my main members, bringing only 5 in each rotation, with the 6th slot being the legendary, i used the same legendary against the Hoenn Bosses, but with their Primal Orbs, while i used the opposite legend (Palkia with Lustrous Orb against Cyrus, Reshiram against Ghetsis, Yveltal against Lysandre and Mega Mewtwo Y against Giovanni)

In Ultra Sun, my Episode RR team was the following. I brought 5 per boss, then changed after beating each Boss, with the 6th being the legendary to use.
Regular Ultra Sun team used in RR (brought 5 per run to each boss, each of them held their Mega Stone)
Lucario
Salamence
Metagross
Garchomp
Tyranitar
Gyarados
Gengar
Legendaries used in Ultra Sun RR (each took the 6th slot)
P-Groudon (Maxie)
P-Kyogre (Archie)
Yveltal (Lysandre)
Palkia (Cyrus)
Reshiram (Ghetsis)
Mega Mewtwo Y (Giovanni)

Last edited by a moderator:
The party I used against Rainbow Rocket were Incineroar, Alolan Persian, Midday Lycanroc, and Electabuzz. The same party I had during the main storyline.

My Persian knocked out Mega Mewtwo X and got me out of the tightest spots. It was awesome.

I bought both games so
Ultra Sun:
  • Primarina (Exclusive Z-move)
  • Flareon
  • Venusaur (Mega-Evolution)
  • Garchomp
  • Ampharos
  • Necrozma (Ultra-Form)
Ultra Moon:
  • Decidueye (Exclusive Z-move)
  • Charizard (Mega Charizard X)
  • Vaporeon
  • Salamance
  • Lucario
  • Necrozma (Ultra-Form)

I used the normal party I had throughout the entire game. It was
Incineroar, Golurk, Vikavolt, Milotic, Espeon and Whimsicott

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom