• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon are you planning on using in Pokemon Legends: Arceus?

Lmao I’m seriously considering Electrode now… I always found it interesting, but not enough to use it, even with my favorite type is electric. But adding grass type and a really cute look and personality makes Voltorb really fun to me… fingers crossed Electrode looks nice.

For sure using whatever Hisuian Voltorb evolves into. I was originally going to pick Rowlet, but now I have my grass type with Hisuian Voltorb.

Thinking of going for Turtwig, H-Growlithe, H-Zoroark, & Glaceon.

Growlithe's gonna evolve while Turtwig will stay as is. Not too sure on the starter choice, that depends on if they actually gain new evos & how they look.

As for the 6th slot, it's completely unknown.

Depends on which (if any) Pokémon can be traded into the game. I was really looking forward to using a shiny alolan raichu in shining pearl, after my shiny raichu in my very first Pokémon game of platinum. Since alolan forms aren’t available in bdsp, I’d like to use one here if they are. Team is looking something like this.

Samurott
Kleavor
H-Zoroark
Leafeon
A-Raichu
Wildcard spot for any new reveals that stand out

I like the concept of H-Voltorb, and I might use if A-Raichu can’t be traded in. I don’t like to have overlapping types. Wish it was based off an apricorn though.

There’s also a small chance that I catch a Piplup to be my starter and choose Rowlet instead as the gift starter.

If the rumors on Hisuian starters is true, I might change from Typhlosion to Samurott. Kleavor has grown on my recently so I think I’ll be using one. The rumors of a new Sneasel evolution have me interested. Sneasel and Weavile are some of my favorite Pokémon so I’m curious to see how a new Sneasel and evolution will be handled. I also want to use a Garchomp just because it is forever a Sinnoh (Hisui?) staple for me and it’s not likely we’ll get access to many more good Dragon-types.

I don't know if I'll get the game at this rate, but if I do: Wyrdeer, Braviary, Spiritomb and Abomasnow.

I really want to say Typhlosion, but that depends.

Typhlosion and Zoroark for sure. I want to use one of either Torterra or Empoleon depending on what my team needs. I’ll probably put the new Sneasel evo on there too if I like its design. Other than that I’m wide open

Well, now having seen everything- Wyrdeer. It's the only new pokemon I really like, so I'm gonna get a Wyrdeer, pretend my Wyrdeer ride is my Wyrdeer, and conquer all of Hisui with my Wyrdeer. Rest of my team will probably be whatever random old pokemon I pick up and grow attached to, but main pokemon? Totally Wyrdeer.

Old grandpa deer, let's gooooo

I have 4 solid team members now, and a possible 5th, but that will all depend on the 6th Pokemon I'm using who I will not be naming.

Typhosion - It has been a long time since I have used the Cyndaquil line. I'm pretty sure it's been almost 9 years, since I haven't used one since Crystal which I played back in 2013. Looking forward to having this one on the team again.

Luxray - One of my favorite electric type Pokemon, and of all time. I decided to use Pachirisu in BDSP so I could save using one of my favs for this one. I've used it on a few teams, 2 in recent years, but I'm still excited to have this one as apart of my team.

Hisuian Zoroark - My favorite Pokemon revealed for the game. I really love this one and have only used a Zoroark once, so I'm excited to give it another try in a different form.

Hisuian Braviary - I don't think I've ever had a chance to use Braviary, which is weird cuz I really like it, and the Hisuian form is awesome. Plus I can pretend like the ride Braviary is my own as we fly around ancient Sinnoh together.

Either Glaceon, Umbreon, Leafeon, or Vaporeon - BDSP didn't give me the chance to use an Eeveelution, and I really like them, so I want to use one this time around. Though who I choose will be dependant on my last Pokemon. Even then I am not really sure who I want to use the most. It's been a while since I've used Glaceon and Umbreon, and Leafeon and Vaporeon are some of my favorites.

I wanted to use Rowlet, but Grass/Electric H-Voltorb is too tempting to miss out. And there's quite a few new and old Pokémon I'd like to try out, even if I don't necessarily like their design. Really considering to rotate my team now, since we're going to catch 'em all anyway. Or, in a less likely chance, I'll just do a second playthrough.

Well, now having seen everything- Wyrdeer. It's the only new pokemon I really like, so I'm gonna get a Wyrdeer, pretend my Wyrdeer ride is my Wyrdeer, and conquer all of Hisui with my Wyrdeer. Rest of my team will probably be whatever random old pokemon I pick up and grow attached to, but main pokemon? Totally Wyrdeer.

Old grandpa deer, let's gooooo
Hmm, Wyrdeer has grown on me. I mean, I always liked it but I wasn’t sure if I liked its face. Haha but I think I’ll have it on my team. For me, Zorua is my signature in this game, and I won’t evolve it to Zoroark, I’m not crazy about its design.

I’ll also have Braviary, Shiny Rapidash and Leafeon. I’m not sure about the rest still. I’m also hesitant whether to keep my starter with me or not, I’m picking Cyndaquil. But I’m just not crazy about H.Typloshion either lol.

Hmm, Wyrdeer has grown on me. I mean, I always liked it but I wasn’t sure if I liked its face. Haha but I think I’ll have it on my team. For me, Zorua is my signature in this game, and I won’t evolve it to Zoroark, I’m not crazy about its design.

I’ll also have Braviary, Shiny Rapidash and Leafeon. I’m not sure about the rest still. I’m also hesitant whether to keep my starter with me or not, I’m picking Cyndaquil. But I’m just not crazy about H.Typloshion either lol.
XD Oh I totally get it about Wyrdeer's face. I think it looks a bit too much like Stantler's- maybe it should've been made a bit longer or just something other than eyebrows to change it up. It's kind of uncanny, and Stantler had a weird droopy dog face on a deer to begin with.

I think I'll have my Cyndaquil on my team and just not evolve it past Quilava because yeeeeah.

I’m considering Growlith, it’s adorable. I might use one actually.

1643266409914.png

(All evolved to their final forms, but I'm naming some base forms to avoid spoiling stuff).
  • Oshawott: I know I have been vocal about regular Samurott's design but I don't like Hisuian Decidueye's colors nor Hisuian Typloshion's general design.
  • Leafeon: My brother wants one...
  • Teddiursa: I've always wanted to use one, but for some reason it was only available in a couple games.
  • Heracross: I've wanted to use one for a loong time (since the XY era, where if there was a Pokemon Z it would have been my main Mega) and now it seems like a great opportunity.
  • Drapion: I kinda like how strong it looks and its typing. It was one of my prime choices for a DP remake/expansion.
  • ???: I wanted to use a family whose members were all part of Generation IV, but all the options were either ugly, had type overlap with the above or I had already used them so that doesn't seem feasible. My options are Braviary, Growlithe, Magnezone or Chimecho, I think I will chose depending on how early they appear.

Well, considering that this game has much less of an emphasis on actual Pokemon battles as opposed to the various research tasks & "catching 'em all", I honestly don't have any plans to pre-make a team.

I'll be choosing Rowlet as my starter, and would like to have an Eeveelution as one of my companions for story purposes (leaning towards Espeon or Umbreon)...but beyond that I'm just gonna go with the flow of the game!

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom