• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what Pokemon do you rely MOST on your team?

In competitive battle, my Purugly. Its Hypnosis + U-Turn allow a lot of my Pokemon, such as Seadra and Shelgon, to set up with Agility and Dragon Dance respectively. When not battling, I always use the team of Castform, Linoone, Pelipper, Shiftry, Swampert, and Wynaut. Pelipper usually sees the most use on my team, battle-wise, given its variety of moves, like Shock Wave, Ice Beam, and Surf. It also knows Fly. Between that and Surf, Pelipper is my most-relied-on transportation method.

In my Diamond team, I say I rely on my PBR Raichu the most. She adds type coverage I wouldn't have otherwise, because she's the only one with water and electric type moves. Plus, she's also overleved a bit. She's level 60 and the others are probably about level 50-55 still.

that's something i shouldn't be saying if i were to play against anyone from here. But i'll say Umbreon and Metagross

Generation I: Pikachu (I only had Yellow...lol)
Generation II: Lugia
Generation III: Mightyena
Generation IV: Goukazaru~!! (Infernape)

Yeah I usually go with the basics XD

My Tyranitar. It Earthquakes Metagross, most other Tyranitar I have come across, and most other Pokemon. Rock Slide for Dragonite and Salamence, Hyper Beam for unexpected special coverage, and Fire Blast for those goddamn Grass and Bug types.

Probably Ursaring or Ninjask right now. It used to be Salamance though.

Probably Ursaring or Ninjask right now. It used to be Salamance though.

Why'd you replace Salamence?
And if you're using Ninjask, I use Shedinja.
Bug Type Only Mixed Team
1-Beedrill lv. 10 Status:Released --> Nincada lv.13 Status: Replacement
2-Wurmple lv. 15 Status: In Party
3-Beautifly lv. 25 Status: In Party
4-Dustox lv. 28 Status: In Party
5-Shedinja lv. 39 Status: In Party
6-Butterfree lv. 48 Status: In Party

Butterfree's Offensive Moveset:
Siver Wind | Dream Eater | Sleep Powder | Psychic

My Strategy:
Since my Blastoise is weak to Electric and Grass,
Butterfree provides coverage for all of the Grass types. for Electric types, my Blastoise can take care of it already because of It's Surf.
For pesky Grass/Psychic Types (Exxeguttor) Silver Wind. but because It
has less PP, I increased it. I also defeated the wits outta Koga using
Butterfree.
Butterfree's Nickname- Butlepwi

Generation I:
Red - Bulbasaur and Kadabra for the majority of the game.
Blue - Squirtle and his evolutions.
Yellow - Pikachu.

Generation II:
Silver - Totodile.
Gold - Chikorita.

I stopped playing the games after that, but I obviously used my starter Pokemon the most. I started the journey with them, so I felt that they should be used more.

I really need my Dugtrio to do the job on Wifi battles.

Lucario going down usually messes up my shoddy team.

Mainly Pikachu. Due to training it in every Pokemon game I own I know how to use it.

It's quite handy knowing a Pokemon inside out like that and since I'm comfortable in what I know I tend to rely on it more since my other Pokemon I tend not to be as close to knowing all that much about them.

Mainly Pikachu. Due to training it in every Pokemon game I own I know how to use it.

It's quite handy knowing a Pokemon inside out like that and since I'm comfortable in what I know I tend to rely on it more since my other Pokemon I tend not to be as close to knowing all that much about them.

sssss
Your falling into the steryotype....

I have trouble deciding on a Pokemon I rely on the most, because my team is based so much on team synergy. In the Battle Tower, Swampert is my tank offensive, and Breloom is the wall breaker and supporter. Electrode is another supporter and exists to blow up on everything the other two can't handle.

Diamond: My Empoleon
Pearl: My Torterra, Electivire, Magmortar, and Garchomp
Platinum: Electvire and Salamence('cuz they're my EV'd Pokemon)

I pretty much rely entirely on my starters. I find it much easier to just use my starter and get it to a high enough level with a diverse enough moveset that it can beat just about anything in one or two hits by the second or third gym.

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom