• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Pokemon do you want to follow you around in HGSS?

Waillord, just to see how big it is.
Many of my pokemon, legends, cuz theyre awesome.

Just in general, I would like it to be Milotic, of course.

I wholeheartedly agree with this.
in fact, I'll be giving myself like some level 2 Milotic in SS and probably just play the game with it and a couple others and that's it.

Some that I would like to see/use are altaria, ampharos, golem,meganium,entei, and pidgeot! This should be interesting.

I would have Umbreon follow me around, just cause it would look cool with the Team Rocket Disguise.

Haha some interesting ideas, but for me it would have to be Cradilly. A disfigured mutant plant walking around behind me? Hell yea!

Other than that, my pet Arcanine ;)

If you are havinga Pokemon that knows Fly walk with you, and you choose to Fly somewhere with it, doesn't some kind of animation happen or something?

If you are havinga Pokemon that knows Fly walk with you, and you choose to Fly somewhere with it, doesn't some kind of animation happen or something?

That actually makes me think.. shouldnt with the dawn of the sprites following make you think that we should have sprite animations of you getting on every pokemon you fly or surf on? Rather then the random shadow or blob looking thing?

That actually makes me think.. shouldnt with the dawn of the sprites following make you think that we should have sprite animations of you getting on every pokemon you fly or surf on? Rather then the random shadow or blob looking thing?

That would require a different sprite and animation depending what Pokemon you use Surf, Fly, Waterfall, Whirlpool or Rock Climb with.

For example, to Surf on a Lapras we know you sit on it's shell, but you can't sit on a Poliwag. To fix this there would have to be sprite animations of sitting on the Pokemon and of being towed along by one. This presents another problem, namely your character would need to appear to be partially submerged for the effect to work.

Similar problems would be faced with all HMs that require you to 'ride' a Pokemon. It would be very nice to have, but it's a lot of extra work to do it right.

The only animation I was thinking of was just the flying Pokemon flying out of the Poke Ball, flying around and whisking the trainer off, sorta like now, except we see what Pokemon it is.

The only animation I was thinking of was just the flying Pokemon flying out of the Poke Ball, flying around and whisking the trainer off, sorta like now, except we see what Pokemon it is.
Well, the Pokémon jumps a bit, cries, and then turns into a shadow and whisks you off like in DPPt.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom