• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What religion are you?

What religion are you?

• Jewish

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • Christian

Votes: 87 40.5%
  • Muslim

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Hindu

Votes: 4 1.9%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Shinto

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Agnostic

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • Athiest

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • Other

Votes: 34 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian, Catholic. I believe in God and I believe in Heaven and Hell. Even though I don't go to Church, I'm still a strong Catholic.

Before or after they've converted in jail because they finally fear death?

Before.

pokeslob said:
but if you don't follow your own religions morals can you really be considered religious?

Apparently. Plenty of Christians consider themselves religious while actively persecuting others. I point to Westboro Baptist Church for all the evidence of that you'll ever need.

You probably wouldn't say that after you've seen a living man cannibalized.

Where in the hell have you seen someone eaten alive?

Cant we just say that the Westboro Baptist Church is its own religion or something.

Seriously, some of the shit that dribbles out of their mouths is just plain mind baffling. One of their pastors blamed the Victorian bushfires last month on our tolerance of gays and how it was Gods punishment or something. :sweat:

Cant we just say that the Westboro Baptist Church is its own religion or something.

Seriously, some of the shit that dribbles out of their mouths is just plain mind baffling. One of their pastors blamed the Victorian bushfires last month on our tolerance of gays and how it was Gods punishment or something. :sweat:

I'm just pointing out that every group has its assholes and crazies. No group's perfect. And even if you claim to be steeped in morals, you can still justify some horrible shit. Belief in God doesn't make you good. Doing good makes you good.

I live somewhat close to them... Next time I'm in their area, I'll try to take some pictures of the crazies.

Satanists don't eat people o_O

LaVeyan Satanists, which are pretty much Atheists who are crying out for attention, don't because they don't worship or follow satan.

Theistic Satanists, people who actually live to follow Satan, do so many crazy, unbelievable things.

Police have actually broken in on some cult meetings were canaalism has happened, human sacrifce, torture, rape.

honestly following Satanism like that is most of the time illegal, most of the stuff they do breaks the law

I used to be an atheist/anti-religion (I still kind of am) for years until last year where I've decided to be agnostic.

Rofl atheists are close minded and have no morals.

Its the 'live and die' attitude by these people, who believe there is no punishment or form of reward after death, that creates rapists and serial killers.

As opposed to Christians, who are so open-minded and accepting of other religions, gays, a woman's right to choose, etc.

Logical fallacy, I know. But I've met a hell of a lot more moral atheists than I have moral Christians. Which is a shame, since it's a religion that's supposed to be good, holy, and loving.

Rofl atheists are close minded and have no morals.

Actually, atheists are logical and by my definition of morals, often have better morals than Christians. Did you know that religion causes more conflict, death, and war than all other causes combined? And did you know that there was not one, but NINE violent Christian crusades against the Muslims? And did you know that the Spanish Inquisition, one of the most horrifying examples of widespread torture in history, was led and sanctioned by the Christians? And did you know that most of those participating in the Salem Witch Trials were Christians? And did you know... yeah. I've made my point.

Last edited:
No morals? Quite the contrary. If I had no morals I'd go out and kill people. But I don't because it's not a nice thing to do.

Even when people piss me off. I forgive easily. Maybe I'm gullible, but it takes a lot for me to not forgive.

Actually, atheists are logical and by my definition of morals, often have better morals than Christians. Did you know that religion causes more conflict, death, and war than all other causes combined? And did you know that there was not one, but NINE violent Christian crusades against the Muslims? And did you know that the Spanish Inquisition[b/], one of the most horrifying examples of widespread torture in history, was led and sanctioned by the Christians? And did you know that most of those participating in the Salem Witch Trials were Christians? And did you know... yeah. I've made my point.

Ok, Crusades were an effort to take land by war, every country, people, and group has done something like this before.
(i.e. Settlers trying to take america, THE ENTIRE AGE OF FREAKIN IMPERIALISM)

And the salem witch trials are unfair because this is back in a time where EVERYONE was a christian and EVERYONE was just that weird...

According to a recent study, approximately 20% of America consider themselves to be Atheist or Agnostic. That's a greater percentage than the number of Muslims and Jewish people combined, not counting the many other religions. In fact, if I recall correctly only Christianity (all the denominations) has a higher percentage.

One in 6.5 Americans is either Atheist or Agnostic. Gee, I didn't realize that 15% of Americans have no morals.

Makes you think.

Last edited:
I don't have the link to the study or the article, but I heard it here. Starts at 0:52. TYT are fairly reputable when it comes to reporting facts, though of course they put their own spin on it after reporting them.

The percentage is even higher in Canada; close to 1 in 4 Canadians are atheist or agnostic (and just for you, yet another source). That's a bloody high rate of immorality for those who still take that stance.

Last edited:
Ok, Crusades were an effort to take land by war, every country, people, and group has done something like this before.

And the salem witch trials are unfair because this is back in a time where EVERYONE was a christian and EVERYONE was just that weird...

Um, no. There was a viral infection of Puritanism at the time, and most Europeans were Christians, but the Salem Witch Trials were a product of mass hysteria caused by religious fanaticism mixed with a bunch of teenage girls being attention whores. Attitudes were more liberal further south, where Puritanism was not the dominant Christian sect.

I'll grant you the Crusades, though- religion was just the excuse they were using to be greedy bastards. As a very intelligent man once said, they used religion as an excuse to be extremely crappy to each other. (And as the toaster replied, so what else is new?)

and yes "relgion" has been used as excuses for many things in history, doesn't mean they're christian just means they are twisting God's word to justify what they are doing.

(i.e. "Manifest destiny", "Divine Right of Kings", ect.)

Let's not forget the religious wars in Europe, right after Reformation began in the early 1500s. The latter half of the century was filled with cleansing and chaos in continental Europe that later paved the way to absolutism, etc.

So it's okay as long as everyone else is doing it? Shouldn't people and groups be held accountable for their own actions, and not what was "normal" at the time?

Christian, I believe in Jesus. I become to the Methodist church.

I'm one to hope that there's something more when we die, but I don't think that anyone really knows what that is. The message of religion is often times too corrupted in the greed and motives of those who push it on others.

Either way, being accepting of others and just doing ones best to live a life without harming others has worked well for me so far, so yeah, I'll be sticking with that. XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom