• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What ridiculously common thing can't you do.

It's just occurred to me, maybe some of the more common answers like tongue rolling and whistling, aren't all that ridiculously common to do?

Also can't perform the alveolar trill. It's sad because my major just happens to be Spanish.

I also cannot eat any sort of cake simply because I dislike it, and not for any dietary reason.

I can't swim.
I also can't remember or differentiate faces well (Prosopagnosia?). It could partly explain my lack of attraction to other people

I live on the beach, but I can't swim.

Also I don't think I can ride a bike. I know I've learned, and I could - but I just don't think I could now.

I can't whistle, burp, hanstand, cartwheel, tie my shoes the correct way (I believe I do it correctly but my mom doesn't agree :p) and ride a bike.

I still have yet to tie a pair of shoelaces correctly. I suppose that's what Velcro is for though.

Also can't perform the alveolar trill. It's sad because my major just happens to be Spanish.

You can learn to do this by saying "butter" over and over again. It will sound like "buddebuddebuddebuddebudde..." if you do it right. That trains your tongue to move the way it is supposed to for the trill and you will eventually be able to do it. This is how I learned it last summer after 25 years of believing it was impossible for me to learn.

i can't do a cartwheel, a handstand, nor can i swim. i just kinda. flounder around when i'm in the ocean or in a pool lol.

I can't whistle, snap my fingers (loudly), eat spicy food without nearly killing myself, draw and ride a skateboard.

• Whistle
  • Click my fingers
  • Ride a bike
  • handstands/headstands/cartwheels
  • Being aggressive unless it is as a joke
  • Intentionally insult someone

I still have to do that making-an-L-shape-with-your-fingers thing to know which way's left and which way's right

You can learn to do this by saying "butter" over and over again. It will sound like "buddebuddebuddebuddebudde..." if you do it right. That trains your tongue to move the way it is supposed to for the trill and you will eventually be able to do it. This is how I learned it last summer after 25 years of believing it was impossible for me to learn.

I can't do it and training it didn't work... and Spanish is my native language.

How long did you try to train? It took me a couple of months of not being able to do it at all before I could just get a little bit of a roll. Then it took a lot longer to be able to do it consistently and then be able to pronounce it in words. It still takes a lot of effort for me to pronounce it in words.

How long did you try to train? It took me a couple of months of not being able to do it at all before I could just get a little bit of a roll. Then it took a lot longer to be able to do it consistently and then be able to pronounce it in words. It still takes a lot of effort for me to pronounce it in words.

I can't remember, I was a child. But it was a long time. Maybe it has to do with my misplaced front teeth .

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom