• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What sold you to your favourite type?

I have a few that I really love and one favorite.

Dark Types - the majority of the dark types all have something cool and memorable about them, sneasel looks like some sort of sneaky thief, Houndoom is a dog from the underworld, and Greninja so sly and quick. And don't get me started about how amazing Honchkrow is. Honchkrow is definitely what sold me for the dark type

Ice Types - I dont know. I don't like very many of the Ice-types, but the ones i do, I love. Dewgong is probably my third favorite pokemon. It's simple, but beautiful. That's kind of what ice is. It forms so easily, but yet it is so beautiful in the patterns it creates. Dewgong is the one who sold me to Ice Types, also I love the move Ice Fang. I can not tell you how many times I have gotten freeze hax to work when using it when battling friends

Water Types - When I was five years old, I started swimming on a competitive team. I loved the water as a kid, and I love water type pokeon. Some of my favs have to be Mantine, Lapras, Dewgong (well I prefer using ice on a dewgong but it is primarily water type so I acknowledge that). My favorite eeveelution is Vaporeon as well. My love of the water is what sold me to the water type.

and now my favorite type

Electric Types - I freaking love the lighting and thunder. when people asked me if I could control any element what would it be I would say lightning. all my friends said fire or water (mostly fire) but I went straight for the electricity. I also love many of the electric pokemon. Electric pokemon have been my favorites from when i was first introduced to pokemon when I was 3. I loved Pikachu then. Today, my favorite Pokemon is Raichu and I have two other electric types in the Top 10, Luxray and Ampharos. Don't get me started on how much I love Ampharos. What sold me to the electric type though all falls on a single card. My brother and I collected and traded Pokemon cards as kids, and we had a set of rules we would go by when we played with them. the first time I beat him was with my pikachu card.

Bet none of you can guess my favorite type, especially not from my username

My favorite type has, and always will be, the Electric type. Even outside of Pokemon, which involves itself in a surprisingly considerable amount of my life believe it or not, I've always had a massive affinity for electricity and powers based off of it. From static electricity and lightning, to the more vaguely related magnetic and electromagnetic powers, something about it just fascinates me. One of my all time favorite game franchises, the InFamous series, captured a lot of this perfectly. So, it makes sense that Pokemon would follow a similar fate.

In terms of why I love it within the Pokemon universe, I guess Electric types kinda reflect my initial play style and personality: heavy hitting, fast, and somewhat fragile. They're speedy as heck, occupying a notable amount of the top 20 speed slots (including slot #5 , which is oddly enough held by Electrode), but are a bit reckless in that a lot of them can't take damage very well. But even knowing that flaw, I still love my Luxray and Electivire and Pachurisu and other adorable/deadly electric Pokemon.

I've always loved Fire type Pokemon it was just a matter of day one with the starters. I always loved the fire starters. Even to this day my Top Five favorites would have at least three fire Pokemon. I can't exactly explain why, because it's just a matter of the kid in me still being me almost 17 years later.

I found myself so enthralled by the artwork of many of the Dark type Pokemon.
It may be shallow, but I guess that is why Dark type is my favorite.

Fighting Type. I like it due to its solid amount of moves that do nice amounts of damage. I even use Rock Smash from time to time to destroy those who dare try their Iron Defenses on me, like Bastiodon or MegAggron.

Dark type did luck into some pretty great artwork. X3 I feel like the pokedex entries for Dark types are generally more interesting than most other types, too. (Except for Ghost. Ghost entries are always a little crazy.)
It's my favorite type because I feel like these guys have tons of ~personality~

There's something alluring about fire. It's one of the game's strongest in terms of stats and it hits many other types, including those pesky Steel-types. Most of their designs are pretty cool, too. I have never played through any game without a Fire-type in my team, but I think I might try it for the next Gen just to see if I can.

Dark type did luck into some pretty great artwork. X3 I feel like the pokedex entries for Dark types are generally more interesting than most other types, too. (Except for Ghost. Ghost entries are always a little crazy.)

It's also a plus that they thin out the population of naughty children haha xD

It's also a plus that they thin out the population of naughty children haha xD

Both of my favorite types (Ghost and Psychic) are my favorites because of the Pokémon designs. I dig the variety of the designs of Ghost-type Pokémon, plus some of them are sorta creepy in their own ways (and most of them are purple colored!). The other type, Psychic, I like because there are a number of humanoid Psychic Pokémon and I always liked those designs (like Alakazam, Gardevoir, Gallade, Gothitelle, Delphox, etc), which is also true for the Fighting-type... the issue is that I dislike how most of the Fighting Pokémon look, so... yeah.

My favourite types are Grass & Ice. They always seem to have an aesthetic of grace and beauty about them, which is something I like.

Then Serperior, Lilligant and Whimsicott came along in Gen V and that sealed Grass as my favourite type. I almost screamed with joy when Grass got buffed when Gen VI came around.

My favorite type used to be Dark, but it became Water after I raised a Vaporeon in Pokémon Yellow a year ago. Ever since, Water's been my favorite type.

My favourite types are Grass & Ice. They always seem to have an aesthetic of grace and beauty about them, which is something I like.

Then Serperior, Lilligant and Whimsicott came along in Gen V and that sealed Grass as my favourite type. I almost screamed with joy when Grass got buffed when Gen VI came around.

How did Grass get buffed in Gen 6? I didn't know about that!

See avatar and sig, split between fire and dragon.

However, I don't like MCX, he just looks silly.

Water - The color blue. It factored in my starter choice.
Ghost - The Dex entries are usually fairly dark for the average Pokemon; but how different each entry is makes them interesting. This type can also be very diverse in its Pokemon, given how there are different kinds of ghosts throughout the world.
Dragon - This type has some cool looking and powerful Pokemon
Fairy - I am slightly more interested in fairies from myths and such being made into Pokemon, but the cutesy Fairy types as of now are more than enough for me, I like cute.

I've always loved bugs, since I was a wee baby. I love how diverse they are- some are beautiful, some are terrifying, and they serve a wide variety of purposes. From the beginning, Beedrill has been my favorite. Since then I was attached to bugs, and all the cool bug Pokemon designs throughout the years. I also love completely obliterating dark and psychic types with Mono-bug teams :)

My favourite type is Dragon, just because most Dragon-types and Dragon-type moves seem cool, I suppose.

This thread is blowing my mind. I have never seen so much Bug-type appreciation before.

Anyways, I deleted my previous post for dumb reasons, but as I stated before, my favorite types are the most nature-related ones, like Grass, Bug and most recently, Fairy.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom