• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What Songs Are You Looking Forward To Being Remade?

There's a lot of really iconic tunes in the OST I'd like to see faithful reworkings of.
Meteor Falls and Verdanturf come to mind, but honestly, a remake of 119 that turns the orchestral and march influences up to eleven would be jawdropping. That was the moment where things got real, at least, for me...

Yeah, that's what I want to hear more of, orchestral remixes. The trumpets were all right for their time, but they get a little grating after a while, and it'd be nice if they added some extra instruments to complement them. Especially for the routes, route music sounds utterly amazing with orchestral style.

Considering what happened with HGSS and the complaint over some changes(.....Goldenrod's repressed memories are coming back) I'm not surprised they are minor.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is it doesn't sound like a huge improvement from a technical standpoint, you'd think that they'd sound more next gen sounding.
Sure, that's fair enough. I do think some of the choices for the instruments are a bit flat, especially the brass. In the end I do think we'll have some noteable tracks, but from what we're hearing, I definitely feel like its going to be a bit underwhelming.

Also, they'd better remake the champion battle theme to sound good. And Steven's encounter theme.

The Champion battle theme could definitely use an improvement. It sounded too similar to the other battle music that it just wasn't that exciting. I think that would be another good place for orchestral music, that would give it more of a feeling of intensity over the usual trainer music (which is sounding a bit anime-esque like XY's battle music from the sounds of it).

Drum and bass. That's all that matters. Anything can sound good if you throw in some drums and a nice bass line into the mix. With taste, of course.

If they mess up the Team Magma/Aqua Grunt battle music I will never buy another Pokémon game ever again be very angry.

That's one of my favorite songs and I hope they do it justice. Honestly, they can just c/p the original file from RSE and I would be happy.

If they mess up the Team Magma/Aqua Grunt battle music I will never buy another Pokémon game ever again be very angry.

That's one of my favorite songs and I hope they do it justice. Honestly, they can just c/p the original file from RSE and I would be happy.

The grunt theme sounds copy/pasted as well. I think Maxie and Archie's theme might have been updated, though.

Is anyone looking forward to the Oceanic Museum music? I am but I just found out that its a remix of the SS Anne.

While I love all the music in Ruby and Sapphire, I really enjoyed the desert theme and route 120 music the most. I am looking forward to how they are going to update them. I also love the gym leader theme, but I have heard that being redone numerous times. Still, I would love to hear how it turns out. :)

none of them

I feel like the remixes will sound worse

just switching some notes around and adding background beats would not make for an enjoyable soundtrack

Just visited the Junichi Masuda at Gamescom thread and watched his video message that reveals Mega Audino. In it contains what I assume to be the ORAS version of Petalburg City's music, which I think sounds great!

[video=youtube;-EPAij3Nugg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EPAij3Nugg[/video]

The original games had plenty of great music but I'd say I'm really looking forward to a revamp of:

Legendary Pokemon battle themes,
Slateport City,
Team Aqua/Magma Boss theme,
Mt. Pyre,
Elite Four theme and the Champion's theme.

My hope is that the developers won't "modernize" the music to the point where it loses the feel of the original games and that it's not unidentifiable to those who've only played them and hasn't been keeping up with the news.

Only one I can think of right now is the legends music. Otherwise, I really like Hoenn's soundtrack and I really don't want it to be changed.

The GYM Leader music was one of my favorites as well as Petalburg which we see already done well above. The Underwater music and Mt. Chimney are also ones I look forward to.

I'm really looking forward to listen to the remade music!

The music in the Pokémon games is very important for me, since I just love the different themes so much! I'm really getting touched by a lot of the melodies since they are just so well-composed. Junichi Masuda and his pals are simply genious!

Also since there is so many memorable themes in these games, I just can't wait until it's possible to listen to the music. So far, the themes for Fortree City, Petalburg City and Pokémon Gym is available in different videos and it sounds amazing!

Personally, I'm looking very much forward to the Wild Battle, Gym Leader Battle, Rival Battle and Elite Four Battle themes, as I think they all are some of the greatest battle themes in the franchise.

Also the themes for Route 101 and Slateport City is something I can't wait to hear! :D

Some music can be heard in this trailer!

The only disappointing track for me is "Battle! (Team Aqua/Team Magma Leaders)"--it seems WAY less climatic than the original (which is saying something because I thought the track pretty anti-climatic already). I hope that maybe it's an overworld version of the track, and that the battle version will have much more oomph to it.

But otherwise I can't complain. It doesn't seem like they're changing the tracks too much, which is rubbing me the wrong way for some reason, but at the same time I really enjoy the RSE soundtrack so if it ain't broke don't fix, I guess.

I don't know if it's because I haven't really played through Ruby in ten years, or if it's because the songs are changed so much there, but the only one I even recognize is the first song played in the trailer. o_O

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom