• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What this forum is for - please read before posting

Roses Ablaze

Reaction score
Okay, in the last week or so I've three "Who's That Pokemon" games have been posted. This is not the section for games. What this section is for is:

~Discussion of aspects of the overall Pokemon world that aren't fully explored in canon, such as government, how Pokemon powers actually work, etc.
~Working out the mechanics of the Pokemon world.
~Discussing the overall Pokemon world itself as a universe and not as a franchise (so don't post topics asking where you can find a certain Pokemon-related product).

Topics in here tend to be deeper and more thoughtful than posts that would go in the Pokemon General Discussion. Also, if a topic pertains specifically to a certain canon (such as the air times of an anime mini-series), it is preferable that you post in that specific forum. Sometimes I will let things slide because it's difficult to discern the difference between the what belongs in Pokemon World and what belongs in the Pokemon General Discussion forums, but if a topic clearly belongs elsewhere I will move it. I don't tend to give infractions unless it's the second or third time someone has done something and have already been warned, so don't sweat it if you accidentally post something here once that belongs somewhere else. Just try not to do it again.

If anything here needs clarification, please ask. I'm not very good at explaining myself.

Last edited:
One more thing, folks: please note that this is not the place to talk about your own personal fandom. It's okay to bring up your fanfiction or fanfiction ideas in the sense of "this is how I would solve this problem in my fanfiction," but threads about fan-made pokemon, regions, trainers, etc. go in either the General Pokemon Discussion or the Fanfictoin section. Also, don't dedicate an entire thread to your fanfictions. That, too, goes in the fanfiction section.

Just to clarify: If I merge one of your threads with an earlier thread, that does not mean you are in trouble or you did something wrong. I'm just trying to keep discussions all in one place and perhaps bring up some points that were stated earlier that new people might not have seen.

In fact, it would probably be a better idea if you started a new thread rather than bumping one that's more than a month old. I don't mind resurrecting old threads, but some moderators here feel differently and you might get an infraction from them.

I've been waiting for a thread like this. I have lots of ideas like these that I use in fanfiction or art sometimes, but be aware, some of it isn't canon at ALL, but it still seems like the right place here to discuss it because it still might explain some theories I have.

-Meat. One thing not explained at all throughout the entire series. I can recall Misty once saying, "I want a hot dog!" after passing through Fuschia City, but it isn't confirmed if Pokémon are actually eaten.

One of my theories is that, in all, the Pokémon world is vegetarian. (Sorry if that sounds hippie) You might recall the myth in Canalave Library, stating that "Pokémon from the sea, their bones picked clean", so we know that fish were at one time or are eaten. The hotdog statement in Season 1 doesn't neccesarily to me mean that it actually was meat. I'm vegetarian, and refer to soy dogs as hotdogs all the time.

-The Mechanics of a Poké Ball. We've never actually seen the inside of a Poké Ball except for once when Psyduck was seen at the closing of "Pokémon Fashion Flash". All that was shown was Psyduck's normally 3 dimensional body inside a sphere with the surroundings black. But then again, this was only the first season, and the writers still weren't for sure where they were going with some of this stuff either.

Since Pokémon are called to their Poké Balls to rest, a theory of mine is that after they've gone through the Poké Ball transition (Red/white beam of light) and into the ball, it simulates a natural enviroment where the Pokémon would be present in the wild.

-Unown. Their purpose besides Molly Hale and Entei? In the recent Pokémon movie openings, I've seen multiple hundreds of Unown simply squeaking as they fly through space in infinite clusters like inadamant objects. And, if language was invented thousands of years before that was NOT English, how did the ancient Unown in Movie 3 look just like modern day letters? Or, ALL Unown for that matter? Did their species actually evolve as language did? Were there ancient Unown in the Pokémopolis civilazation that looked like ancient hieroglyphs?

Please note: The thread is from 15 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom