• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

what type of computer do you use?

what type of computer do you use?

• Total voters
Dell Laptop w/ Windows 7

It's almost 3 come March aha.

I bought a new desktop computer for a few months ago. It's pretty high spec for the price as it's classified as a gaming computer. It came with Windows 8. I also have a laptop which I've more or less given to my mum since hers recently broke.

Unfortunately, I use a somewhat crappy laptop. I say somewhat because it sometimes does what I need it to. I'm still set on building my own gaming desktop though. One day...

I tend to build my own systems. The current one has the following specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB
HDD: 1 TB
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 80+ Gold rated
OS: Windows 7 Professional (will upgrade to 8.1 Professional when I have time soon)

I tend to build my own systems. The current one has the following specs:

CPU: Intel Core i7-3770K
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950
SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB
HDD: 1 TB
PSU: Seasonic X-Series 80+ Gold rated
OS: Windows 7 Professional (will upgrade to 8.1 Professional when I have time soon)

Don't upgrade to Windows 8, stay clear of it, unless you have a touch screen.

Anyway, I also have a HP Pavilion 15 laptop and a Toshiba Satellite L20-182 laptop.

Don't upgrade to Windows 8, stay clear of it, unless you have a touch screen.

Anyway, I also have a HP Pavilion 15 laptop and a Toshiba Satellite L20-182 laptop.
While the kind advice is appreciated, I happen to know a bit about the subject already. I'll tell you that Windows 8 has many technology improvements under the hood that make it worth it (worth the hassle of upgrading to the new OS if you have a free license--certainly not worth paying for the upgrade, if you don't... as Windows 7 is good enough.) ^^;

I don't miss the start menu in Windows 8, as I haven't been using it since upgrading to Windows 7 from XP. The start menu is a pretty crappy and inefficient system--launching apps through the keyboard is much faster. Want to launch Firefox? Hit the Windows key, hit F, hit Enter. If you've got a bunch of programs starting with F installed, you might need to hit F and I instead. Most people don't know about this and launch programs by poking around in start menu folders or clutter their desktops with shortcut icons instead... :C

Windows 8 builds on this more efficient way of working with your computer. When I tried it in the pre-release version, their search wasn't as refined, but I hear they've fixed this a while ago. Windows 8.1 makes many improvements, and 8.1 Update 1 introduces even more. I haven't tried 8.1 or the new 8.1 Update releases, but I'm really looking forward to doing so. :)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom