• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What version do you plan on getting?

Which version will you get?

• Scarlet

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Violet

Votes: 34 73.9%

• Total voters
I usually wait until the legedaries are revealed as well as version differences (with a slight hope inside me that they no longer have version exclusives and it just two names for keeping up tradition but it's been confirmed there's two).

But as of right now, probably going to get Scarlet based on colors, I like reds over purples.

I might get both. Usually if I only get one, it comes down to which box legendary I like better. But I'm leaning toward Violet so far because purple is my favorite color and the default outfit for the player character looks far worse in orange.

As of right now, if i had to choose, I'd choose Pokémon Scarlet, as I usually choose the red themed colour (Pokémon Sword being an exception), although as much as I like the colour red, I also love the colour purple, so this may be one of the first times I wait to see the version exclusives before making a decision.

I find the Scarlet logo much more interesting even in just the typeface used, and the colors red and yellow mirror the spanish-themed region quite well. Also fits better for my plan to main Fuecoco and have the trainer's colors match with his partner.

Both as per usual. But if I were to pick a preference on logo design then Scarlet. Depending on version exclusives and box legendaries though, Scarlet might or might not be my "main" file.

I usually go with the warmer version, while my brother gets the cooler one. He hasn't played a new game in a while though, so it might be irrelevant. My other friend, who more reliably keeps playing and can trade me exclusives, wanted Shield and so I ended up taking Sword. That might happen this time, who knows.

I'll need to see the full dex and feature sets before even deciding to buy either versions.

Pokemon main games are known to have new stuff to do every generation and for some magical reason they decided to remove it in later installments later down the line.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom