• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What video games were you thinking of buying?

I haven't bought a Mario game since Mario Kart DS and New Super Mario Bros. (which I'm just realising is 10 years old now, where has the time gone lol), but recently I've been wanting to buy some of the newer ones for the 3DS to fill my gaming time outside of Pokémon until Sun/Moon are released.

If anyone could recommend some good newer Mario games for me (for the 3DS), that would be awesome and appreciated! :D I've been looking at Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon and Super Mario 3D World...
Any of those games will do you justice, they're really good and I guess if you there's Super Smash bros, but most people will tell you to get the WII U version instead. Anyway, games I've been wanting to get for the longest of times now would be thew Ace Attorney because I have officially become a fan visual novels, nut never gotten the time to get them.

Any of those games will do you justice, they're really good and I guess if you there's Super Smash bros, but most people will tell you to get the WII U version instead. Anyway, games I've been wanting to get for the longest of times now would be thew Ace Attorney because I have officially become a fan visual novels, nut never gotten the time to get them.

Yeah I have Smash Bros 3DS along with the older ones too, but it doesn't have too much replay quality or rewards which I guess the Wii U version makes up for (is there more of a story mode like Brawl? That was a great feature). Awesome, I'll probably go for Mario 3D World first, then Mansion :D Edit: Just realised 3D World is for the U, I only have a 3DS until I eventually get a U haha... But this is probably good 'cause now my only reason to get one isn't just Pokken. I'll probably get Mario 3D Land for the 3DS until then.

Last edited:
I'm thinking of getting an xbox one tomorrow with forza 6.
any other suggestions minus rare replay?
and I ordered a new laptop yesterday, so I'm thinking of using 100 dollars in steam money to get stuff like undertale and Final Fantasy XI as the ps2 servers shut down and I need to crave that XI itch.

I'm kind of interested in TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan. Platinum Games developed it, so you know it's going to be a solid beat-em-up if nothing else.

Bastion, and Knights in the Nightmare. Dunno which I'd like more yet.

My birthday is in exactly a month, brainstormed huge list of games even though I'll probably only get like 5 :D
Pokemon Black 2/White 2
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
(Yeah, still don't have it whoops :p)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Shovel Knight
Kirby Planet Robobot
Kirby Triple Deluxe
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
FF IX
FF XII
Castlevania Lament of Innocence
The World Ends with You
Radiant Historia
Bayonetta
Persona 4

Still need a Wii U

Later on:
Ni No Kuni 2
Pokemon Moon
The Last Guardian

Last edited:
Yeah I have Smash Bros 3DS along with the older ones too, but it doesn't have too much replay quality or rewards which I guess the Wii U version makes up for (is there more of a story mode like Brawl? That was a great feature). Awesome, I'll probably go for Mario 3D World first, then Mansion :D Edit: Just realised 3D World is for the U, I only have a 3DS until I eventually get a U haha... But this is probably good 'cause now my only reason to get one isn't just Pokken. I'll probably get Mario 3D Land for the 3DS until then.

No, no story mode, sorry. Sakurai excluded it because he got angry at people for posting cutscenes of "Subspace Emissary" on YouTube.

Subspace was garbage anyway. Just an excuse to unlock everyone quicker.

You really should get the 3DS version too, so you can fight on the go.

My birthday is in exactly a month, brainstormed huge list of games even though I'll probably only get like 5 :D
Pokemon Black 2/White 2
Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
(Yeah, still don't have it whoops :p)
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Shovel Knight
Kirby Planet Robobot
Kirby Triple Deluxe
The Last Story
Pandora's Tower
FF IX
FF XII
Castlevania Lament of Innocence
The World Ends with You
Radiant Historia
Bayonetta
Persona 4

Still need a Wii U

Later on:
Ni No Kuni 2
Pokemon Moon
The Last Guardian

The World Ends With You is available at a really great price on Amazon right now. I paid like $25 bucks for it and it's worth like five times that price, yet it's even cheaper now. Persona 4 is also at a good price for the PS2 and PS Vita versions, if you own either of those. It's also available digitally on PS3. (I'd recommend Persona 3 even more highly than 4 if you haven't played either.)

Currently I'm aiming for Pokémon Moon Version, Skyrim (PS4) and The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U).

Either Hyrule Warriors for the 3DS or Yokai Watch. They look really epic and I can't decide...

Also, is it okay if I have some help? I'm going to go to the game shop in a week or two and I need some help...

I've been wanting Yokai Watch for a while and it looks awesome, but I've recently taken an interest in Hyrule Warriors. I can only get one game and I'll have to wait til my birthday in November to get the other one. =( Could someone who has played them please help? Thanks!

(Also, if I can get my hands on a copy of Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance, do I just settle for that instead?)

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom