• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Anime What was the last anime you watched before posting in this thread?

Hatsukoi Monster episode 1, and I turned it off within the first five minutes. Seriously, they buffed up the guys way too much. A fifth grader - a 10-year-old - looks like a high-schooler. Maybe it's just me being used to Ash being 10 all the time, but they've certainly created a bizarre form of boys who underwent puberty way too fast...

I watched the movie "Kokoro ga Sakebitagatterunda.", a high school drama. Reading about it, it seemed well loved, but I found it pretty disappointing. I thought the premise would be cute at first, but I ended up thinking it was pretty dumb due to the fact that...
You quickly realize there is actually no fantasy element at all, just the "whiny teenagers" element.

Maybe I'm just finding it harder to relate as I age, but with every high school drama I watch, the characters seem to get more and more melodramatic and immature. This proved to be no exception. I thought that the art and voice acting for this movie were both good, but for me, it really came up short where it counted in characters and story.

Cute High Earth Defense Club Love Love episdoe 2.

Gotta love those twins Salty Sol and Melty Luna XD I loved their transformation scene. And their costumes are so stylish :3

Amanchu! episode 1, Planetarian episode 1, Cheer Danshi!! episode 2,Aria The Avvenire episode 3,Show By Rock!! Short!! episode 2,Brotherhood: Final Fantasy XV episode 3 and MILPOM★ episode 4.

Tokyo Mew Mew Episode 34-36

Never noticed those fujoshi undertones until now.

Food Wars: The Second Plate episode 1 and Assassination Classroom: Season Two Episode 21.

I finished watching ReLIFE. I do understand that not all of the source material has been adapted, but it was still annoying that so many plot lines were opened up and very few of them were resolved to any degree. In fact, this whole series centered more around
Rena
than anyone else, the damn protagonist himself included, and that wasn't really what I signed on for. Especially since all of her problems to me amounted to little more than a bunch of hormonal nonsense. I think one of the reasons it took that route was because
Everyone other significant character besides Rena's best friend/rival Tamarai and love interest Ooga are all part of the ReLIFE experiment in some way.
This, I think, actually detracts from the potential of the whole show's premise, and certainly hurt my enjoyment of it. On a positive note, I did like what we got of the main character's personal story, and can at least be appreciative that it got the second most attention in the show, right behind his friends' nonsense. The motions are in place for a decent second season if the focus shifts to this and the giant number of loose ends wrap themselves up gracefully. On its own, though, season 1 didn't quite do it for me.

To contrast, I've started watching Orange this season, and just finished the recently aired 3rd episode today. My hopes are actually high. This might end up being the refreshing drama I've been waiting for. On the one hand, it has a minor time travel element, which is what originally drew me to watch ReLIFE. But the stakes are so much higher, the characters' actions have more weight (even if they don't all know it), and there is a clear and interesting end goal to their interactions (rather than "flop around and cry until somebody eventually goes and holds hands"). They also as a whole seem much less...annoying than average to me; whether or not this will change as we get to know them better remains to be seen. I feel like a lot of work went into making their interactions seem very natural (in the foreground and background), and it's honestly creating a nice atmosphere while I watch. I hate to jinx it, but I've been pleasantly surprised so far.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom