• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What was the worst new Pokemon for you performance wise?

SinCosTan

God forgives, I don't.
Reaction score
Purrloin. Dear god, Purrloin. This thing sucks so much it's unbelievable. Purrloin is fast but it is weak as hell. If Purrloin had bite (which is befuddling as to why it doesn't) in its early movepool he would be okay. Since it doesn't he is banished to the realm of failure.

His best attacking options are what? Scratch, Cut and Fury Swipes until level 15 where it learns Pursuit. Pursuit would have been fine if it learned it earlier. It evolves at level 20 becoming a little stronger and good enough until you can catch something better. He has some good moves such as nasty plot, but where are the special dark moves? The best moves he has are night slash and sucker punch.

Purrloin is pure fucking garbage.

^^ T.T i love Purrloin and Liepard, and i think you can indeed use them effectively, but i'll wait for my game to have a practical opinion

Purrloin. Dear god, Purrloin. This thing sucks so much it's unbelievable. Purrloin is fast but it is weak as hell. If Purrloin had bite (which is befuddling as to why it doesn't) in its early movepool he would be okay. Since it doesn't he is banished to the realm of failure.

His best attacking options are what? Scratch, Cut and Fury Swipes until level 15 where it learns Pursuit. Pursuit would have been fine if it learned it earlier. It evolves at level 20 becoming a little stronger and good enough until you can catch something better. He has some good moves such as nasty plot, but where are the special dark moves? The best moves he has are night slash and sucker punch.

Purrloin is pure fucking garbage.

I could not agree more. I have finally given up on mine, and decided to train Pokemon that are more useful. And it's a shame too, since Liepard is a pretty Poke.

Oh, I know for sure Purrloin and Liepard have let me down. I planned to use a Liepard, sure, and then I caught a Purrloin in game. Then I battled a few of each stage and realised how useless they are. Disappointing indeed, especially as they have such nice designs.

I loved Liepards design, but I know crap when I see it (and use it) D=

I was really surprised by how god awful Yamask happened to be. Compared to it's evo, which can recieve some pretty harsh punishment and still dish out some damage, it couldn't take a hit to (if you'll pardon the expression) save it's life. And it had a craptacular set of moves. You know you're in trouble when half the time you have to use Will O' Wisp to do damage to the opponent. Evolution is a god-send to this poor little bugger.

Also, Solosis? Duosion? Learn some god damn attacking moves already :p

Okay, I'll admit this. The last few levels in the Choroneko stage are a pain in the arse.

Teaching Thief to it helps though, as if you are lucky you'll steal a healing berry, use it, and then get a speed boost with Unburden.

At Lepardas, it is much stronger than most things you can get at that stage. I got mine in Hiun and had no problems with it from then on.

As soon as you get Fake Out, use it. Hone Claws is good as it makes Fury Swipes 100% accurate. Slash and Night Slash allow you critical hits.

With all of that, I never had a problem.

The first in-game pokemon I found worth the time to actually catch and raise was Blitzle.

Up till that point, I didn't see much use of patrat or lillipup or purrloin or even munny.

Omg i was just about to write Purrloin but I noticed everyone else had already said it. Damn.

It's gotta be Pidove and Blitzle then, I am only on gym 5 and seriously considering swapping these 2 out.

Damn it, you guys, I like Purrloin >.> Mine saved my arse from a succession of Sigilyph that decimated the rest of my team, and thus ousted Zoroark and Mandibuzz to become my obligatory Dark-type.

I will agree that its early moveset could use some tweaking, since it takes a while for it to learn a STAB attack. Assist is a slightly iffy move when the rest of your team are Level 15 with moves like Tail Whip.

Tohr, i thought a big red rock monster'd be more usefull, but i found Timburr much better.

Unfezant is actually an ok pokemon with nice 105 base attack.
As well as 93 base speed.

Unfezant is a pretty decent bird Pokemon actually. Raising a Pidove is worth it.

Purrloin and Liepard are pretty hard in the lower levels though, I must agree.

In my Black, Swoobat! It never won, and even its Psychic barely took out Fighting-types.

In my White, Cubchoo! Pretty much every fight is using Icy Wind, praying to god it slows down the opponent so Cubchoo can go first, and repeating that until I knock them out...if they don't knock Cubchoo out first.

Chubchoo and Beartic, sadly.

Ice isn't a great type besides for taking down dragons, but Beartic is kinda slow and many dragons carry fire-type moves anyway.
I used it as a surf-pokémon in-game, but it couldn't use the move and couldn't knock out many rock or fire pokémon ( I guess that's because it is weak to those as well... :/).
I still really, really like Beartic and its pre-evo, but it is definitely the weak spot of my team.

Ice Pokemon in general are underpowered because they have a gazillion weaknesses and absolutely resist nothing. Which is moronic.

For me, Purloin and Snivy were pretty garbage. Especially Snivy. It has a great character design, but it's pretty much one of the worst of all starters. Even giving it one or two non-grass type moves would help it. It's especially annoying since just one good Fire-type move (Overheat would be great with it's hidden ability) or one good Ground-type move could make it better - but instead it's just bad at everything.

Watchog. Sure, it gets Hypnosis, but nothing else good.

Also, Solosis? Duosion? Learn some god damn attacking moves already :p

It all depends on your Hidden Power type. If you get Fighting, congrats. Psychic, too bad. I luckly got Ground.

I never even thought about using purrloin cuz I could tell it reeked of failure. & I find it's design, as well as Liepard's, ugly too. But regardless, Purrloin is easily the worst pkmn in Unova.

I also found sandile hard to use (then again, I didn't catch it with bite -.-) because not only it's move pool (excluding dig) is awful until crunch right before it evolves, & it dies to everything (which is why I prefer intimidate to moxie for dile).

I found maractus hard to use because it levels up so damn slowly. I had to bench right away, sadly. Still love it though.

I'm also finding Drilbur hard to use since it's frail (& no access to sandstorm yet to use sand rush). Thankfully it just evolved. & Joltik is becomming such a disappointment, it can't kill shxt (then again I was cursed with one that has perfect Att. IVs & 0 Sp. Att. IVs. -.-). thankfully caught another one that's proving it's worth. I haven't used one yet, but I would also speculate that tynamo is hard to use due to its early bug/magikarp move pool, but at least it can damage with SW & CB

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom