• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What will you get: Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

Pokemon X or Pokemon Y?

• Pokemon X

Votes: 104 35.6%
  • Pokemon Y

Votes: 82 28.1%
  • Both

Votes: 91 31.2%
  • None

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Wut?

Votes: 13 4.5%

• Total voters
Y all the way but I will end up buying both. Yveltal just looks soo badass and I usually lean towards the more evil looking one haha
<--Awesomeness

IM buying Y. i thought Yveltal looked pretty cool.... im not a fan of the sparkly deer motif of xerneas :-/

(but as usual once i pick a game based on the legendary i see the version exclusives and cringe because the ones i liked are in the other game, as always *facepalm*)

I'm not sure yet.

I like Yveltal's design more but I like that Xerneas is a fairy type, so either one will be fine.

X
I always go for the game with the cold colour box art rather than putting too much thought into it. It made Gen 5 a bit of a pain though. :rolleyes:

Wait.. Skrelp is only available for Y!? ;~;
At least I'll still get my Xerneas and Swirllix. :D

*getting X*

Getting X, and then maybe Y later on. Definitely getting X off the E-shop at midnight.

I've pre-ordered Y, as I feel it will probably come on the day but post doesn't arrive until midday, so I've decided I'll either head to the store to buy X or get it off the eShop, as I want it to be my "main" game.

I've heard ASDA does midnight releases, and my nearest store is 24 hour, so I think I'll contact them closer to the time, see if it's a midnight release and if it is head there for midnight and get the game.

I've preordered both now. I have X coming through the post, then Y as a download preorder... just incase something goes wrong with the post and X doesn't arrive on time, I will at least be able to have a download copy. Upstairs for thinking, downstairs for dancing!

Got Y pre-ordered. I kinda don't even know why. All I got was a poster for doing it, and I kinda don't want it. I have 1 poster and I'm getting it framed and it's not a cheap gamestop giveaway.

In any case I'm getting Y and probably a couple weeks later my gf will get x and I'll store everything I wanna keep and restart again.

I've always gotten the "first" version, so I'm getting X. I just don't see any reason to change. I generally like the Pokemon shown for X better, as well.

i went red(yellow)->gold(crystal)->ruby, firered->pearl(platinum), heartgold->White, Black 2-> and will be getting Y

seems i generally pick the 'warm' colors. black/white was the exception since black and white arent really warm or cold... and of cours ei got most of the 'third' versions because im a completionist (my sister had all the complementary cartridges of the paired versions)

i went red(yellow)->gold(crystal)->ruby, firered->pearl(platinum), heartgold->White, Black 2-> and will be getting Y

seems i generally pick the 'warm' colors. black/white was the exception since black and white arent really warm or cold... and of cours ei got most of the 'third' versions because im a completionist (my sister had all the complementary cartridges of the paired versions)

I did almost the complete opposite of you (almost part being pearl). Mostly because I waited to see which ones any of my friends were picking or what was a more popular choice and went the opposite route so I would know that it would always be necessary to trade. In this case I'm getting Y because of arrangements with my gf.

I'm leaning towards X right now but that might change depending on the evolutions of the exclusives. Usually I go based on the Legendaries but this Generation I don't have a preferred one.

Y. I've never bought both. To me it's a waste of money buying both, but that's personal. I just got my 3DS and there are a lot of games I want, so I'd better save money on buying just one. Version exclusives have never been a problem. Someone I know will get X and otherwise there would still be the GTS.

Why Y? (lol) Because Yveltal looks awesome, that's why.

I already reserved Pokemon Y, 'cause Yveltal looks epic. I would get both, but I don't have the money to.

Did you change your mind on which version to get?

I remember when the games were first revealed on that Nintendo Direct and I originally wanted Y. Still getting Y and i never changed my mind ever since. :D
Did you guys change your mind on which version to get?

I've been contemplating whether I should get Y, but Xerneas is too good to pass up, so I'm sticking with my pre-order.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom