• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What would you do with a million dollars?

Itsjustmudkipz

I’m a nightmare dressed like a daydream :)
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
If you had a million dollars to do whatever you wanted what would you do?

Personally I’d go to the eras tour
I’d probs save the rest or like go on a really nice vacation to a cool place

• pay off debts
  • buy a decent-sized house in a quietish neighbourhood with some nature, furnish it pretty nicely
  • although i am no longer obligated to anymore due to my spontaneous wealth, i'm going to pay tuition to sign up for classes anyway to learn the cybersecurity/programming skills i've always wanted to learn
  • after doing the above and getting my degrees and certifications, market and hone my skills as i am essentially more or less set for life as my skills are almost always in demand, therefore ensuring some form of decent income
  • learn the ins and outs of investment, therefore making me even more set than i would be
  • save the rest, only really using it to travel around the world and see what life has to offer

Hire someone to invest it in stocks for me to passively make money and not have to work anymore because capital gains taxes are lower than income tax.

Then I'd just live my life as I already do but comfortable with the knowledge that I'm completely financially secure and if I wanna splurge a bit, I can do that.

Also donate money to various progressive causes and charities, of course

moving out to a nicer country is top priority, altho idk where... >< i guess somewhere that primarily speaks eng...? learning a new language sounds difficult, altho ive been trying 2 learn jp...
aside from that, probably buy all the stuff ive wanted but couldnt liek consoles or plushies or other merch stuff. i mean its not much but its stuff i cant have rn u.u
aside from that... well, probs donate some stuff... hm, mayb spend more time on art now that money isn't much of a concern? the only reason i chose not 2 take art as a career is because i was worried it wouldnt pay well... baahh, this is kinda overwhelming 2 think about!!

I'd use part of it to pay off my debts (not a lot, thankfully, but enough to be an annoyance).

Then I'd use a chunk of it to have mom and dad go on a vacation to someplace like Hawaii or Florida (probably during the winter months since they're always complaining about being too cold, compared to me who loves the cold), or maybe send them on a cruise. I won't go because I don't like heat, crowds, and someone has to take care of the pets (plus vacations aren't appealing to me anymore, especially since I live a very quiet life nowadays).

Then I might use part of it to get a new car (since mine currently has two wheels in the junkyard and is on its last life) so I don't have to keep worrying about a potential breakdown (and considering how often it has happened my concerns are warranted).

The rest I'd stash away for a rainy day or an emergency, like for an unexpected repair bill, a hospital bill, or needing to replace a appliance like my fridge or oven.

god I don't even know. I don't have any debts to pay off right now so that's not an issue... but boy do I want a nice house. I want it to be modern but also have a cottage-like feel. Building that will probably take a million dollars if not more lol. So I'd probably put it towards that.. once I figure out where I want to live :')

I guess, seeing how much it's worth in euros first to gauge what I can spend.

Then, probably get a house with my girlfriend. Kinda unsurprising, but hey we live in an expensive world ><

Back
Top Bottom