• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation What you Remember most from R/S/E and how it should be made better in OR/AS

I want the battle frontier to return, with virtually unchanged mechanics, but more battle options and maybe an extra facility or two.

More than anything I want to see the caves where you find the Regis be remade. Well-hidden in the environment, extensive several floors underground, and in order to progress solve a plethora of puzzles. Make it an adventure! I understand some don't want to decipher more braille and/or trek round the region for resource again. That was headache enough but also quite fun when you consider the time spent trying to complete the task.

I really want to see the reason behind using Braille for the Regis legend, though. Nobody explained why; there's no story regarding the Regis and about blind people in Hoenn - it was just there. I hope they provide backstory in ORAS

Didn't the R/S/E guide or someone in-game mention it was the writing system of the ancient people? Or maybe its a code to deter nosey foreigners?

Fortree city definitely. The idea of a treetop village is great but the old GBA graphics weren't good enough to really bring it to life. It'll look great now.

i really hope the battle frontier is back and better than ever. (i also hope its not as hard as it was. the Emerald frontier was impossible, even with IV Bred EV trained pokes)

Battle Frontier with a Inverse Battle facility that has all battle types. Watch me make a team specifically for it and camp outside of that facility because i'm going to spend 100% of my game time there.

I'm really looking forward to bathing with old ladies in 3D. Haha nah I am curious as to what they'll do with the desert.

i really hope the battle frontier is back and better than ever. (i also hope its not as hard as it was. the Emerald frontier was impossible, even with IV Bred EV trained pokes)

The main reason I want it back is FOR that difficulty! It's the only time in the Pokemon series that's been a legitimate challenge for me: I've still yet to get one more silver symbol and all of the gold ones, but I'm still trying all these years later! The longevity it gave that game was enormous.

I'm really looking forward to the Pokémon Contests. They're my absolute most favorite thing in Pokémon ever. Why is there no thread news page that talks about their game mechanics? ^^;

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom