• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What your favourite Mega Evolution in Pokémon Shuffle?

And not based on the Mega evolution in general, right?

Slowpoke's ability is incredibly useful for creating combos.

Venusaur / Kangaskhan are awesome for responding to vertical disruptions.

Mewtwo Y and Banette are great.

Lucario / Lopunny are good for clearing horizontal disruptions, but combo potential is low.

Altaria / Blastoise are decent all around.

Mawile / Absol can totally rock 3-Pokemon stages, but are less useful against disruptions in general (barriers especially). Similar case for Sableye.

Blaziken sucks.

How useful each mega evolution is really depends on the stage, but overall my favorite is probably mega Gengar. It's good for getting combos and I also find it very reliable compared to some of the other mega evolutions.

My favourite is Mega Sableye. I don't know why, but your O-shaped pattern is so cool!

For what I played I found Mega Slowbro really good (I haven't most of the Megas). Seemed to stack up loads once it got going.

Blaziken sucks.

This I completely disagree - It's the most underrated Mega in the game. It just takes a lot of thinking involved to use it - and once you figure out how it works, you can engulf the entire play area in flames.

The trick is to have a single non-fire type pokemon in play to use as a 'stop gap.' You use it to salvage the mega icons to keep using for your next turn, as well as control the random flow of its icon switching effect. This non-fire icon could also be just the stage's imposed one if it has 5 icon complexity involved.

I've been able to S-Rank lots of 5-complexty main stages with few items because of using Mega Blaziken with this in mind. Not only that, I've had lots of successful Mighty rich Meowth stage runs with this mega, as the coins themselves are the stop gap for the Pokemon to keep getting combos!

It might not be good in EX-type Stages, but I do ask players here to reconsider and learn when and how to use it properly.

The trick is to have a single non-fire type pokemon in play to use as a 'stop gap.'
I've tried assorted team combinations and nothing gets any good mileage or combo potential out of Blaziken, nothing. Team of all (or mostly) Fire types? Nope. Team with only one other Fire type? Slightly more useful, but still lackluster compared to other Megas.

Slowbro, on the other hand, has my personal all-time record for highest combo length (at over 100).

The other trick to note is to line up a Mega Blaziken combo so that it will trigger another Mega Blaziken match elsewhere. Once that happens, the fire combo more likely starts.

I won't deny that it takes a bit of foresight skills to use this Mega. But don't discount the accomplishments I've been able to do with it. When it comes to 5 complexity stages - Mega Glalie, Mega Heracross, Aegislash, etc. - this Pokemon saves me from using a complexity -1 just to S-rank them. No doubt, it is one of my favorite Mega Evolutions to use... When, of course, it is correct time to use it.

Can anyone give me a tip to win the Mega Mawile? What the best Mega Poké in this level?

I am so mad at Shuffle today.

I'm trying to take on Mega Medicham, hopefully S-rank in one go so I optimize a team around Mega Mewtwo Y, purchase a Complexity-1 and Mega Start, and --

The one Pokemon it removed from the board was Cresselia, the sole other Psychic type on the team I took in. Meaning MEGA MEWTWO Y WAS COMPLETELY AND UTTERLY USELESS.

That's a rage quit right then and there, didn't even spend 3 moves trying.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom