• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What'd you name your rival?

Either Cyril or Alrey. Both of which are names of friends.

I named Silver "a doosh" in SS.

Needless to say, the game trolled me and added the Rival name before it. So now whenever he shows up, it says "Rival a doosh wants to battle"

Blue- Sandy (I don't know why)
Pearl- Niro Jr. (once again, don't know why)
Platinum- Bratly
Heartgold- Oakley
Soulsilver- Arj
Firered- Toru

I am very aware that i give rivals very odd names.

After watching that Pokemon movie with the Manaphy (forget which title that movie had), I started a new Yellow game and named my rival JCKWLKER. XD

I'm not creative at all, so...
For a hit of nostalgia, I named him Silver (HG/SS) and Blue/Gary. (FR/LG)

From what I remember, I always named him "NICK" after my cousin.

Though, on Yellow, I named him the same as my character. :p

From what I can remember:
FireRed: Gary
Diamond: Neji
Red: Sasuke
(^ I was a bit of a Narutard when I got these games and I regret naming them that. OTL)
SoulSilver: Silver
HeartGold: ??? (I just had to. :p)
Pearl: Pancake (... At least I think so. xD It was some food to go along with my trainer's name of Pasta.)

If it counts, I remember playing Emerald for the first time with my friends at a party. When I encountered Brendan, I said something like "I'M GOING TO CALL HIM STEVEN CUZ HE LOOKS LIKE A STEVEN" (Or some other name that was already taken by another character) before my friend said that you couldn't name your rival. Uh... good thing there because I would've regretted that so much. xD

When I first had Gold I thought his name WAS ???

So that's what I told the policeman :3

Given the choice (thanks Black and White! Hmph!) I call my rival "Rival".I suppose if the game had let me I would have called Cheren Rival and Bianca Viral.

In heartgold I named my rival Jacob. This is because that is the name of my friend who told me it had come out when I thought that the game wasn't going to be coming out for another month.

Since I always name myself MEW, the rival was always named MEWTWO. X]

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom