• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favorite ability?

Contrarian
Speed Boost
Trace
Magic Guard
Magic Mirror

Awesome abilities.

Speed Boost is pretty cool, you get faster every turn. Also Levitate, it would be fun to float.

One of my top Pokemon is my Scizor with Technician. She has Rock Smash, Wing Attack, X-Scissor and Roost and she kills. I also gave her a Fist Plate so that Rock Smash is even more deadly, plus the high chance of Defense lower-ment. Magic Guard, Speed Boost, and Perversity are honorable mentions.

Bug bite is better than X-scissor when you have technician.

Blaze, Storm Drain/Lightningrod, Pick-Up, Pressure, Levitate, Shadow Tag, Bad Dreams, Steadfast, and Wonder Guard.

Blaze because a Focus-Sash Goukazaru can be a threat indeed with Flamethrower. D8

Storm Drain because my other Gastrodon (a shiny one 8D) saved Motor the Rotom from death by Water Pulse!
Also, Lightningrod because it's funny. AIM FOR TEH HORN!!1!

Pick-Up because its' invaluable for young trainers starting out who have big dreams but small wallets!

Pressure because it stops your opponent from spamming the same move over again. D: Pressure + Torment + Spite is mean.

Levitate because yo, Karanaku's Earthquake won't effect Motor! I use this on the PBR Wi-Fi like all the time.

Shadow Tag because of how scary it is. D8 Especially if your foe (or YOU) is Perish-Song'd.

Bad Dreams. Darkrai, why are you so awesome? <3

Steadfast! You want to fake me out, you punk? You just gave my Gen a speed boost! >8D

And Wonder Guard, because...

Pseudomaster said:
Wonderguard for my *cough* spiritomb :p

I bring a Wondereye and a Wondertomb with me to the battle tower. 8D; After months of raping me to death with hacks, they had it coming, ohoho...

Who the fuck is Karanaku? Why do you use Japanese names when the english names are what are most known? I only use Japanese names for B/W because that's all that is available.

The only reason I know Goukazaru is Infernape is because I saw the evolution of Monferno in Japanese.

I love Super Luck. Super Luck on Honchkrow saved me in the battle factory and it is just a nice ability over all.

When I decided to replay Emerald for old time's sake, my Gardevoir had Synchronize. I remember cackling with glee whenever the E4 tried to poison or paralyze her, and ended up getting it thrown right back at them. :3

Thick Fat, Immunity, Flashfire, or a stat boosting ability...

Magic Guard always confuses people and makes for great status absorbers

One of my top Pokemon is my Scizor with Technician. She has Rock Smash, Wing Attack, X-Scissor and Roost and she kills. I also gave her a Fist Plate so that Rock Smash is even more deadly, plus the high chance of Defense lower-ment. Magic Guard, Speed Boost, and Perversity are honorable mentions.

Scizor WITHOUT Bullet Punch?

1z20z8i.jpg

Good Job!

Lightning Rod is pretty useful now as it attacts and blocks all electric attacks. Adaptability is pretty cool for STAB and Stench is nice for keeping wild pokemon away.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom