• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

whats your favorite pokemon in the 5th gen.

My top three favorites are all Gen V Pokémon:
1) Golett/Golurk - These two are my children, my sweet babies and I will love and adore them forever. I ran with a five Pokémon team in order to have room for my Golurk. I couldn't wait to get to the Dragonspiral Tower and get my Golett! (That Golett turned into thirty, filling an entire box so I could find the best out of the group. I found one, named "him" Riser and he's still with me. He's chilling in Home right now.)

2) Pawniard/Bisharp - Hard as heck to train in Unova, but that didn't stop me. But really, these two really shine in Kalos, as they are absolute Fairy slayers! In Unova, I trained the males, but I switched it up in Kalos and traded for a female. Now, I have to have a female on my team because she's awesome, strong and absolutely gorgeous.

3) Sawk - The first time I saw it, I hated it. I thought he was hideous and I never wanted him on my team, ever. Then, I had to go up against Lenora. I chose Oshawott as my starter. You can see where this is going. I had to catch either a Sawk or a Timburr. I caught a Timburr, then tried for a Sawk.

He cost me five Poké Balls. I had him down to one freaking HP and he kicked his way out of four Balls before surrendering with the fifth. I was both frustrated and impressed; I took him to the Gym and even under leveled, he flattened everything that came at him. He's the reason why I thought Lenora was a cakewalk; she never got a hit off of me!

I named him Hero. He stayed on my team for the rest of the game and I've loved Sawk ever since.

I so regret not getting Sygiliph in Black 1, and I am so glad I got one in Black 2. I named her Sophia from FE Binding Blade, and like any good magician, she was the go to for setting up Reflect and Light Screen. She made battles that would have been instant KOs more survivable, which I say with thanks to this day.

I would say Volcarona, it feels like the coolest non legendary Bug we ever got. Cool enough to get two Paradox forms also.

Krookodile. Absolute favourite mon of all time. Nyo huge reason or anything, I just think it looks cool, I like Dark types and it did really well for me in a (sadly abandoned, but I got decently far) White 2 replay earlier this year.

My absolute favorite would be Zorua which was basically my favorite Gen 5 Pokemon ever since it debuted. I also really like Zoroark, Oshawott, Samurott, Woobat, Pidove, Sandile, Krookodile, Braviary, Zekrom and Meloetta.

I feel like just saying "Joltik" and leaving would be uninteresting. So I'll give a tip of the hat to Emolga for making Elesa's gym a bit of a struggle. Just going in with a full squad of Ground types isn't enough to win because of that flying squirrel. I also like Maractus because of the punny name and the Klink line for being a more interesting execution of Magneton.

Hmm... this is a tough one... Def like all the dark types, mainly Hydreigon, Bisharp, and Scraggy line. Snivy line is pretty dope.

definitely hydreigon! i've always loved the pokémon ever since i first saw it, but i read a pokémon fanfic with a really cool hydreigon in it last year and they jumped far up my list after that. it just has such a sick design, and even the evolutionary line is pretty neat.

Back
Top Bottom