• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your favourite Dog Pokémon?

What is your favourite?

• Total voters
My favorite "doggish" Pokemon is almost definitely Growlithe/Arcanine. It's very majestic and cool looking. One of my favorite Fire types. I used a Growlithe/Arcanine in Black 2, and it was probably my favorite team member next to Lucario.

I'm really looking forward to (probably) using Dusk Lycanroc in USUM, though I kinda doubt it will surpass Arcanine for me.

Arcanine, because it is majestic and has a good movepool with moves like Dragon Pulse, Close Combat and Wild Charge. I also like Manectric, Houndoom and Midday Lycanroc.

It's a hard pick among Arcanine, Houndoom, Entei and Lycanroc Dusk. The first three are all very nice Fire-types and are all great to have in Pokemon GO, while Lycanroc Dusk is just the kind of form that made me like a Pokemon I otherwise didn't care much about before.

I generally avoid using normal types, but I used Stoutland in my B2 and I was very impressed. He was a beast.

Lycanroc (Midnight)!
One of my favourite Pokémon.
tumblr_orywam1iFV1r9cclvo2_500.gif
Been a fan ever since it's reveal. I had one on my team who was awesome, and later on in Sun just before challenging the elite four I found a shiny one via random encounter, which just made me love it even more.
Not to mention it is based on a werewolf, and I love werewolves a lot.

I would have said Raikou as well since its in the poll, but I didn't since I don't think of it as a dog at all.

Last edited:
Man i have alot of favs its hard to pick...probably lycanroc dusk form or arcanine

Stoutland.

In fact, Stoutland is my favourite Pokémon of all time. I have trained a few over the years but there is one that stays with me through every Pokémon game (post game only nowadays since it's level 100).

I caught it as a Herdier in the Hidden Grotto by Floccesy Ranch in White 2. I named it Jakobite because 1. I have a dog named Jake 2. I'm from Scotland and when I started thinking of ways to incorporate 'Jake' into other words I thought of Jacobite (as in, the Jacobite uprising) - which I felt also worked really well because 3. Stoutland has access to Bite, Crunch and the elemental Fang moves. I'm extremely proud of that nickname.

He's been beside me through Unova, Kalos, Hoenn and Alola, he has every ribbon available to him with the exception of the Expert Battler ribbon from the Battle Maison ... it still stings a little that I wasn't patient enough to get that one with him before transferring him to Kalos. Just a few days ago, however, we got to 50 consecutive wins in Super Singles at the Battle Tree so the shiny new Battle Tree Legend ribbon has definitely made up for it a little! Upon arrival in Alola he was Hyper Trained as a reward for his loyal service. (Also, head canon - he's obviously the one I'm riding around on when I use Stoutland Search).

I change his moveset fairly regularly but the default is always Protect, Return. Retaliate and Last Resort. I love having that as the default set because it fits in so well with the traditionally loyal and protective nature of dogs. Protect (self-explanatory), Return (if you love them they love you back 10 fold), Retaliate (always keen to avenge a fallen team member) and Last Resort (willing to do whatever it takes for its trainer).

I can't wait to take him over to Gen 8!

I'd also like to give a shout out to Arcanine, Mightyena and Lycanroc (dusk) - all of which I have had in my team at some point or another.

Probably Arcanine for me. I bent over backwards to get one as a kid, I loved how it looks. It looks so fluffy...

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom