• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

What's your most hated ability/What ability do you think is the most useless?

Sleep Body is in the form of random Effect Spores. D8 Which is also annoying.

Magnet Pull is very situational and thus unreliable.

While it's true that Magnet Pull is situational, you must remember that Steel is one of the best defensive types. Magnezone is the more effective user of this ability, because some troublesome Steels like Skarmory, Forretress and Scizor can be dispatched by Magnezone because they can't escape. Magnezone also has great Special Attack, and Steel-types are usually susceptible on the Special side, meaning that Magnezone's attacks are actually effective against them.

Thanks for reading.

How about Poison Point, Static and Sleep inducing fused into one single horrifyingly infuriating ability known as EFFECT SPORE!

How about Poison Point, Static and Sleep inducing fused into one single horrifyingly infuriating ability known as EFFECT SPORE!

THIS.
Static and Poison Point themselves are annoying enough, but Effect Spore... RAGE!!!

I know that this was already mentioned, but Levitate is annoying too. (Unless I am using it)

For the useless part...Frisk and Early Bird?

I hate useless ones, like stench and run away. Those have no effect in competitive battles, and are of little use in-game.

Blaze, Torrent, Overgrow, and Swarm. I can never tell when they are working.

Also Wonder Guard. But a Shedinja that's given Dustproof and holding a Focus Sash is evil too.

Truant. It has to be. OK, slow start takes one turn to take place but Truant!
It takes place every other turn! Its the main reason no-one chooses Slaking and others with the ability.

At least Run Away helps low levelled pokemon and Keen Eye helps with flying types who loveto use Double Team.
It may always help to be prepared but Truant completely ruins that and drags every single battle out forever.

Not big on Steadfast. For one, just about everything that gets it gets a better ability (except Gallade who's stuck with it unless you get it from Dreamworld), and it just seems kinda weak. Now, if the move prevented flinching and raised speed it might be usable (basically just merge this ability with Inner Focus), but when you still take the flinch and only get a one-stage boost, I don't see it as much of a payoff. At least abilities like Anger Point raise your attack to maximum when you get hit with a crit.

Early Bird is kinda lame too. The only advantage it has to Insomnia is that you can still use Rest, but for some 'mons like Girafarig, Ledian, Dodrio, and Sunflora it's not nearly an important enough move that they would need EB instead (especially Dodrio since it can just use Roost). Xatu and Kangaskahn can make decent use of it with Sleep Talk sets, but they both get generally better abilities besides.

Duplicate abilities seem pretty useless. Not a huge fan of Pressure, either.

Truant. Not being able to do anything every other turn is like the worst thing ever.

Blaze, Torrent, and Overgrow >_>; My pokemon that have those abilities rarely/never get low enough to let those abilities activate, so they are very useless to me.

Traunt is supposed to be that way. Its what keeping Slaking from being intentionaly overpowered.

But they really messed up badly on Slow Start. 5 turns is bit too much and the fact that it resets on switching is worse.

Worst ability?

I think it's Honey Gather, it's basically just a downgraded version of Pickup.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom