• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Where the next regions should be based on?

For Russia, the plot can be about an angered legendary that want to confine all the trainers. Because in Mother Russia, Pokemon catch you

I am quite disappointed of Masuda's decision to choose France as the base for their gen VI region. I certainly hope they choose something more close to what I want from a Pokemon region next time.

Since Japan and the USA are two of my favourite countries, both visually and culture wise, I had been very delighted with all the region choices sofar. It's the first time I'm disappointed with their choice.

I hope nex generation is set in Japan or the USA again. I believe they are the most suitable countries for a Pokemon Region.

If it has to be a new one, my favourites would be:

- South America: Brasil, Guyana, Venezuela.
- South Korea

Nothing against Kalos, but there is another choices with more interesting diversity for a Pokemon region. I was happy to see Europe, and want to see another regions based on european countries on the main games, but I always thought that Greece or Italy were better choices to represent a beautiful region, because was in ancient Greece that the myth of beauty was born, and Italy has such a great architecture.

I liked that Masuda didn't exausted USA like they did between the first and fourth generation, that all were based on Japanese districts. If Masuda chose to base on another asian country, Korea or China would be good choices, and let others parts of USA and Japan for spin offs.

For Russia, the plot can be about an angered legendary that want to confine all the trainers. Because in Mother Russia, Pokemon catch you

Nothing against Kalos, but there is another choices with more interesting diversity for a Pokemon region. I was happy to see Europe, and want to see another regions based on european countries on the main games, but I always thought that Greece or Italy were better choices to represent a beautiful region, because was in ancient Greece that the myth of beauty was born, and Italy has such a great architecture.

I liked that Masuda didn't exausted USA like they did between the first and fourth generation, that all were based on Japanese districts. If Masuda chose to base on another asian country, Korea or China would be good choices, and let others parts of USA and Japan for spin offs.
Rhyme City looks to be in PokeBoston, so that is likely the case.

Which is also why I'm certain we are looking at another European Region. I just t see them going for another route reset, its gonna get stale.

New Zealand could even be included as an extra region to explore, much like the Sevii Islands in FRLG. Better yet, it could feature the Grass-type Rainforest Gym!

If New Zealand is a part of the region, then the other mascot could come from Maori lore.

Better stick to Australia as a region the games to base on. New Zealand isn't the idea place for pokemon to base on. England or Egypt would be great places to be based on.

Came up with a few ideas for a region based in New England. The grass starter will be based on a wild turkey, fire would be a cow, and the water type would be a lobster. Preexisting Pokémon would include Pachirisu, ZigZagoon, Stunky, Bidoof, and Ursaring. Wailord would also be in there.

Last edited:
For me I'd drop the US and Japan FOR NOW. The former was used to many times already and the latter just a generation below for now. Reading through the thread I'd love some more European countries being used... Like Italy, UK, Germany, Scandinavia, Greece etc... Since Europe's so culturaly diversed I don't think it'd be a problem going back to it in gen 7 (I wouldn't care).

Another Asian countries'd also be awesome. A region based off China or Korea... Man, how awesome'd it be?
Next Central\South America. Maybe they could add several lands in one single place (region)? I loved the Amazonia set for eg, as well as the Macchu Picchu civilization one.

In the future Game Freak could do Japan and the US again, maybe even Canada (this one can be done beforehand)? Hokkaido, US West Coast, Hawaii etc... I'd love to see them too.

In the future Game Freak could do Japan and the US again, maybe even Canada (this one can be done beforehand)? Hokkaido, US West Coast, Hawaii etc... I'd love to see them too.
Hokkaido and Hawaii already exist as regions in the Pokémon world: Sinnoh and Almia for the former and Oblivia for the latter. Almia and Oblivia are featured in the second and third Pokémon Ranger games, respectively, and Sinnoh...well, it's the core region of Gen IV. :)

A region based on California would be interesting, however! :LOL:

I completely forgot Shin'ou's based on Hokkaido xD Almia's new to me though, didn't play Ranger that much.

I completely forgot Shin'ou's based on Hokkaido xD
I recently found out that Hokkaido has a lot of farmland, which explains why Sinnoh is the only region so far with Ranchers and Cowgirls. Maybe a region based on parts of the US could be a perfect opportunity to bring them back (ideally without the over-the-top stereotypes...).
Almia's new to me though, didn't play Ranger that much.
Almia's based on the narrow peninsula/land-bridge in southwestern Hokkaido which anchors it to Honshu. As for the Ranger games, I've had very little exposure to the series. For me personally, I always found Mystery Dungeon to be more appealing. :)

Thinking long and hard, I want the next Pokemon game to just be a creative fantasy world, not based on anything specific, but crafted from pure imagination.

I hope they chose a different place, rather than going back to USA or Japan. Like mentioned earlier, I'd love a region based on Africa or Australia, at least it'd be different to the forest-mountain-desert-snow routine of the last few generations.

Another vote for a southern continent, not just based on Australia, but also South America. There is a lot of potential for using interesting extinct animals from there (which pretty much look like Pokemon in the first place) as it was separated from the North until the Isthmus of Panama formed

So the below post was from page 3 or so I think, however I am surprised that no one echoed this idea as it makes the most sense for a Gen VII game--I think a Gen VI expansion game could go with Germany and/or Italy (and/or Spain!?) though, in that order.
I'm actually going with an outsider choice here and say Korea. Unova was for NA, where Pokemon is second biggest to Japan even though it was mainly based on NY. Then Europe, after NA the most dense location of Pokemon fans, was given Kalos even though it was based on France and parts of the UK.

Kind of a way to please large demographics of Pokemon fans in North America and Europe. I have a feeling they'll continue this trend with Korea and maybe some Taiwan mixed in. After the JP, NA and PAL regions South-Korea has gotten the most love. More so than South America, Africa or the Middle East, simply because Pokemon is more of a cultural things in Korea than in the aforementioned regions.

It's just the logical pattern, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this were to happen.

I think a Gen VI expansion game could go with Germany and/or Italy (and/or Spain!?) though, in that order.
It's funny you mentioned that, because I worked out a possible third pair to round out Gen VI which could be set in a region based on Germany. In the real world, Germany is located just past the eastern border of France, and the train station in Couriway Town may be a hint to this fact.

It's funny you mentioned that, because I worked out a possible third pair to round out Gen VI which could be set in a region based on Germany. In the real world, Germany is located just past the eastern border of France, and the train station in Couriway Town may be a hint to this fact.

"A town connecting differences."

And when you say third pair, I hope you mean "Pokemon A and Z"!

"A town connecting differences."

And when you say third pair, I hope you mean "Pokemon A and Z"!
Not sure what they'd be called, but I'd prefer them to be sequels to XY.
Given that there's still so much story potential for AZ and Floette, I'd like to think that their tale would be greatly expanded in the sequels. Maybe, during his travels, AZ made a name for himself in PokéGermany (and the rest of Pokéurope) before returning to Kalos, where he was finally reunited with his beloved companion.
In any case, bring on the third part of Gen VI!

If the games are set in a region based on Germany, and have an expanded Pokedex, then why call it Gen VI? It would be a new Gen by all means.

That's why a find this ". 5" theory ridiculous.

The next game will be Gen VI or Gen VII, imo.

how word "Flower " will affect the location?
have any ideas?
what is more related with flowers? India , Candala, Australia?
pokemon from gen 5 was a mix of USA, Africa and China and that was based on NY.

If the games are set in a region based on Germany, and have an expanded Pokedex, then why call it Gen VI? It would be a new Gen by all means.

That's why a find this ". 5" theory ridiculous.

The next game will be Gen VI or Gen VII, imo.

It is not that farfetch'd. Between XY and ORAS, we can get all non-event pokemon which means Z or whatever won't have new pokemon. Gen 6.5 kind of makes sense because it would be new and different for Game Freak. Anyway, I like the next region to be based on Egypt, England, Australia or Russia.

Wishlist apart, I think the next region will be spain. Masuda is taking extended vactions there and also is in France southwest. Kalos map, in the south there's a clouded area in the south, so i think next game or next gen will be two two regions in one.

So the below post was from page 3 or so I think, however I am surprised that no one echoed this idea as it makes the most sense for a Gen VII game--I think a Gen VI expansion game could go with Germany and/or Italy (and/or Spain!?) though, in that order.

I'm actually going with an outsider choice here and say Korea. Unova was for NA, where Pokemon is second biggest to Japan even though it was mainly based on NY. Then Europe, after NA the most dense location of Pokemon fans, was given Kalos even though it was based on France and parts of the UK.

Kind of a way to please large demographics of Pokemon fans in North America and Europe. I have a feeling they'll continue this trend with Korea and maybe some Taiwan mixed in. After the JP, NA and PAL regions South-Korea has gotten the most love. More so than South America, Africa or the Middle East, simply because Pokemon is more of a cultural things in Korea than in the aforementioned regions.

It's just the logical pattern, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this were to happen.

Yeah, I agree with it.
Also, is there any data of the countries twhere pokemon has best sales? I know that the games are translated to spanish, italian, korean, german, french and english. France is already done, and probably Spain is next.

So I can see Uk, Australia, Germany, Italy, Korea being the next regions, taking acount the native language. But I don't now if this is an accurate criteria to know popularity by country.

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom