• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which characters would you like to see in Pokkén?

I would love to see the Regi Quartet in some epic boss stage. You could weaken Regigigas, and then it splits open, revealing the three golems from it's corpse!

Bisharp and Scizor would also be very cool playable characters with quick, light attacks. I also think Golurk will be allowed in because of its non-ghostliness. It's more of a relic from a long-gone civilization. Personally, I would love to see Muk in this. It could stretch out arms from its mukky pool or build up the Muk to make a defensive form while charging attack.

I would love to see the Regi Quartet in some epic boss stage. You could weaken Regigigas, and then it splits open, revealing the three golems from it's corpse!

Bisharp and Scizor would also be very cool playable characters with quick, light attacks. I also think Golurk will be allowed in because of its non-ghostliness. It's more of a relic from a long-gone civilization.
I'd love to have the Regis in there in some form, as I love them to pieces. Maybe you'd have to fight each of the three Hoenn golems to get to Regigigas or something like that. But I really, really want to see them in there.

I'd also love to see Bisharp as a character. If Golurk doesn't get in--which would cause me to sob uncontrollably--I could make do with Bisharp as it rapidly became my second favorite Pokemon of all time.

Hawlucha
Mewtwo
Jigglypuff
Slowbro
Serviper or Arbok
Ursaring or Beartic
Syther or Scizor
Genesect
Meloetta
Infernape
Ditto
Dragonite
Garchomp
Hoxarus
Sceptile
Alakazam
Gengar

Here's my speculation.
BwKoeTECUAAy_KU.png

Delphox. If it is playable, I am interested in the game. If it isn't... meh.

I'd like to see a psychic or fairy -type use not just its arms & legs, but telekinesis or magic. Like in Mortal Kombat Ermac can lift the opponent and send projectiles because he is psychic.

Greninja is a must. Every fighting game needs to have characters that are not only strong, but faster than the rest. He would be harder to control because of speed but it would give a lot of us a goal to strive for in the game.

I'd also like to see Gallade. Gardevoir got their 15 minutes of fame in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red and Blue Recuse Teams, so I'd like to see Gallade in a spin-off game as a major character. [If he already has been, I don't think I've played the game and would like to know what game it is.]

My third choice is Gengar. I remember someone made a Street-Fighter like game in which Gengar was a playable character, and it was so wonderful to see the comical ghost owning Pokémon with a comidic paper fan and with shadow balls, now just imagine what Nintendo could do with that!

Those are the three characters I'm hoping for right now....

Here's an interesting idea for how it'll work, instead of simply selecting a Pokemon to fight as, you select a Trainer (male and female PC's from each region) and select a team of 3 fighters (that you can unlock and such through different methods). Then you can quickly switch out to different fighters. Depending on what region your PC is from you'd be able to choose the fully evolved form of one of the starters from the region. Anyways, my top votes:

1. Pikachu
2. Mega Charizard X
3. Mew
4. Mewtwo
5. Aerodactyl

Pokémon I would like to see in Pokkén.

Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan are the ones that come to mind to me. Since in the video that I watched on YouTube featured a Lucario fighting against a Machamp and how it was totally awesome like some dream come I thought about some things about these two Pokémon (Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan). Hitmonlee could only use his legs to attack the opponent, everything he could do to the enemy Pokémon is with his kicks. He could do a thousand kicks per second anime (might be exaggerating but might look on a Pokédex) who doesn't want to see that in a fighting game. Hitmonchan would use boxing techniques only since him/her kicking would be odd. His movements should be modelled after real life boxers in order to make it more believable. He could Fire Punch/Ice Punch/Thunder (or whatever) Punch be his (her) special moves much like Hitmonlee would do the same albeit with kicks, because it would be illogical to do otherwise. My third Pokémon I would like to see would have to bee Infernape. Lucario's in it and that Pokémon is Fighting/Steel so a half Fighting and half Fire Pokémon shouldn't be a problem.
Infernape could fight with martial arts of some kind but I would prefer if wasn't a real world martial art. Marowak would be cool, it could be a special Pokémon that fights with a weapon (a bone but still weapon). Greninja must be in it...not having it is like a dumb move, but making it play different-er than in Smash would be excellent since it can make his moveset more Pokkén specific.

So there's going to be some new information for Pokken coming on the 23rd (two days!). Anyone want to make some guesses to which new characters they'll reveal? I'm sure they'll show some new ones.

Right now we have confirmed: Lucario, Machamp and Blaziken

Highly likely candidates (of course this imo, but I can't see how these aren't likely): Charizard, Pikachu, Greninja and pretty much any of the Fighting-types.

My personal wishes? Any of these being shown would make me super happy: Hawlucha, Pangoro, (Mega) Medicham, Wigglytuff, Ledian, Diggersby, Roserade, Marowak, Toxicroak, Scrafty, Mienshao, Emboar, Heracross, Darmanitan (also ++points if they incorporate a good Zen Mode mechanic for it where it uses ranged Psychic/Fire attacks).

I would very much like to see Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan, but I would imagine they're a given.

But personally, I really want to see Lilligant, Breloom and Wigglytuff.

If they do Legendaries, I'd like to see Keldeo and Meloetta.

WOW I just saw the trailer footage SO MUCH WANT!!!
I saw Machamp, Pikachu, Suicune, Gardevoir and Lucario (the latter two also mega-evolved) all battling each other seamlessly. The size differences and Suicune's quadruped-ness don't look awkward, unbalanced or difficult to use at all. The low-gravity aspect looks a little weird, but most fighting games have characters able to jump high and pop-up opponents higher than real life anyway. It's sort of like Tekken 3D style meets SSB mechanics but infinitely better than both - This is the kind of thing that would make buying a WiiU worthwhile if we in the West could get it please please please Nintendo???

Re: What characters would you like to see in Pokkén?

I know that it is super cliche to want Fighting type Pokemon in Pokken, but I think they would work best.

Top 5 Fighting Type Pokemon
5. Hitmonchan
4. Hitmontop
3. Hitmonlee
2. Breloom
1. Heracross

Top 5 Non-Fighting Type Pokemon
5. Snorlax
4. Weavile
3. Arcanine
2. Electivire
1. Mamoswine

I know these picks might seem a bit out of the box, if not impossible for a fighting game, but the fact that they're using Pokemon in general seems out of the box and near impossible. I think that seeing a Mamoswine or Arcanine hopping around dodging attacks and slamming back with force would be awesome. I mean, they already have Gardevoir; I think all things are possible. Thanks!

TEMMEC

I'm hoping for Mienshao and Mawile. Wigglytuff, Clefable or Snorlax would be interesting as well. Unfortunately I can't see Venusaur high up on the list :(.

Unfortunately I can't see Venusaur high up on the list :(.

I am confident they'll add at least one grass type, though. Way too many good animation opportunities with their attacks!

I personally would like Shiftry, because I think they could give him SSB Zelda's Teleport in the form of Faint Attack, and a mixture of physical and special moves. But Tangrowth would also be interesting, as would a lot of others!

Firstly, I approve of Gardevoir (and Suicune) getting in. Secondly, if they're after another bipedual 'mon, I'd suggest Ninetales.

I really want them to show rather forgotten Pokemon some love. Mismagius and Mienshao are so outclassed by other members of its type, I really wish to see if they can have somewhere to shine.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom