• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which is your favorite Steel Pokemon?

May_Eevee

Reaction score
Which is your favourite Steel Pokemon?
My favourites are Jirachi, Aggron and Metagross. What is yours?

Last edited:
I utterly despise the Steel type (and the steel element for that matter) but I do love Steelix. It looks magnificent, with that towering serpentine body, rugged anatomy, and ferocious grin.
Skarmory, Forretress, Rukario, and Scizor are cool to, though.

Komedic Konservationist said:
I utterly despise the Steel type (and the steel element for that matter)
Please explain.
I personally am not overly fond of any steel types that come to mind. Steelix and Scizor seem like unnecessary evolutions for good Pokemon. Forretress and Skarmory don't appeal to me and the others are generally ugly. Jirachi doesn't even look like it should be steel type.

Lucario. He is the smex o_O

"He makes me actually respect fighting and steel types D:" - My friend when I was confirming that he was, indeed, fighting/steel XD

I don't see a poll for this, but out of all of the Steel-type Pokémon:

Forretress
Steelix
Scizor
Skarmory
Mawile
Aron
Lairon
Aggron
Beldum
Metang
Metagross
Registeel
Jirachi
Rukario

My favorite would probably be Jirachi, and it would be for the reason that many of you might not like it- it does not resemble a Steel Pokémon. I don't like Steel Pokémon all that much. Big, bulky Pokémon with mostly solid Attack and Uber Defense with low Speed if some of them don't know Agility. Don't get me wrong, some of them are cool. Actually, all of the Steel Pokémon are cool. But Steel-types have one mold around them, and that is the mold I described above. You have different stats and such for almost every other Pokémon type, but for the most part, most all Steel Pokémon only have about the same things to offer, except for Scizor and Mawile who can Baton Pass, Metagross with Agility and its max 405 Attack (well, even Scizor learns Agility AND Swords Dance, and its max Attack is still 394, plus it can Baton Pass), and Jirachi with its stats identical to Mew's and Celebi's.

Oops, because this forum's server went down, so I cannot write the poll of the Steel Pokemons, sorry.

Lucario. I also think Aron's cute, but it's horribly weak. :(

Last edited:
Skarmory and Magneton.
Skarmory is great in many fields. It has high defense, respectable speed and attack, good moves and its typing protects it in varying degrees from a lot of attacks. It's no wonder it got to be so overused.
Magneton's type combo doesn't help it that much, but it makes it much sturdier than it once was, plus it has one of the best sp. attack scores going in electric types. It's a pity that it learns a lot of moves that aren't all that helpful to it, but I still like it.

watergod said:
Please explain.
I personally am not overly fond of any steel types that come to mind. Steelix and Scizor seem like unnecessary evolutions for good Pokemon. Forretress and Skarmory don't appeal to me and the others are generally ugly. Jirachi doesn't even look like it should be steel type.
Onix was a horrible Pokemon, and an evolution for it was greatly needed. It has 4x weaknesses to Grass and Water, terrible special defence, and an absolutely pitiful movepool.
I hate steel because I hate the colour grey, and it has an unnatural, metallic look to it. Although I don't really see why I should have a reason for everything.

I left out Magnemite and Magneton. How could I be that stupid? ^_^;;

Not to mention I like Magenton more than Jirachi because of its monster Sp. Atk. and ability to trap other Steels. That's so weird that I forgot them.

Please note: The thread is from 8 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom