• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which languages do you speak/read?

what languages do you speak/read?

• English and Eglish only

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • English along with other languages

Votes: 82 78.1%
  • Afrikaans

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Albanian

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arabic

• Armenian

• Azeri

• Bulgarian

• Catalin

• Croatian

• Danish

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • French

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • Filipino

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Finnish

Votes: 8 7.6%
  • French

Votes: 15 14.3%
  • German

Votes: 13 12.4%
  • Greek

• Hebrew

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Hindi

• Irish

• Japanese

• Korean

• Latin

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Latvian

• Lithuanian

• Malay

• Maltese

• (Mandarin) Chinese

Votes: 9 8.6%
  • Maori

• Moldovan

• Polish

• Portugese

• Romanian

• Russian

• Serbian

• Slovene

• Spanish

Votes: 21 20.0%
  • Swahili

• Swedish

Votes: 7 6.7%
  • Turkish

• Vietnamese

• other, please specify (I'm really sorry if you had to choose this one :/ )

• Dutch

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Let's see... I'm only truly fluent in English... but I do know a fair amount of German~. I'm also attempting to teach myself Japanese, but that's proving difficult, of course... Erm, and there's French, which I used to be fairly good at, but I lost it after I could no longer take it at school and tried teaching myself. (I'm not very good at that...)

Fluent in: English, Tamil (can't blame you for not having a stupid language like that :p)
Not so fluent in: French (though I'm quite good), Latin <3, Japanese
Learnt but did not absorb at all :p : Spanish

I'm fluent in English and a bit less in Spanish :p (And bad at Gallego =p)

I speak English, with traces of Korean, French, and I'm learning Elvish. I swear is Dwarvish.

Barzul.

Very true.

I know one word in Japanese (aside from hello): Yatta. Three guesses where I learned that.

I know English, Hindi and Marathi(local Indian language from state of Maharashtra).

I am also learning German.

how the fuck is it oossible that I added french two times in that poll? Unless, that first one was supposed to say Dutch... god I'm stupid... Musthave been tired when I made this poll

I speak and read English, (Obviously), but I can also do a little Latin, and I know a small amount of Chinese (I'm taking Chinese classes soon too).

i took a semester and a half of spanish, but i don't remember most of it unless i'm reading it. :(

i wanted to take german in 6th grade (for a stupid reason; the kid i had a crush on at the time was german), but my dad wouldn't let me. 'NO THERE ARE MEXICAN PEOPLE AT EVERY CORNER STORE! NOT GERMAN PEOPLE!'
hahahaha

i also could have learned some mandarin chinese last year, but classes were held after school so i couldn't go.

I'm only fluent in English. I took three years of high school Spanish, but since we didn't do anything but watch Spanish soap operas and have fiestas, that did me absolutely no good whatsoever.

I did take four semesters of Japanese in college but about all I can do with it is read/write it at a very basic (read: like 6th grade) level. And I can pick out words and structures when I hear the language, but I can't speak it to save my life, unless it involves asking what time it is.

i wanted to take german in 6th grade (for a stupid reason; the kid i had a crush on at the time was german), but my dad wouldn't let me. 'NO THERE ARE MEXICAN PEOPLE AT EVERY CORNER STORE! NOT GERMAN PEOPLE!'
hahahaha
Haha, that's pretty much what MY dad said when I told him I was taking Japanese. C:

Yo puedo hablar espanol con un poco inglais
(I am able to speak spanish with a little english)

Well my first language is Dutch (can't blame you for not putting it in the poll, it's a stupid language anyway xD)
Furthermore, I can speak English, a bit German, a liiiiiiiitle bit french and just a few Japanese words. I am planning on learning Japanese, cause somehow I like the language :)

I mainly speak English, but I can speak and read a little Speanish. I took spanish all through High School and will be taking more in college.

I speak English, as well as read it. i can speak a little italian, and i can speak and read mandarin

English and the tiniest bit of German. My dad wanted me to learn Gaelic (am half Irish) like he did but I wasn't going to waste me time learning a dead language.

I can speak English and French fluently. I can also read Esperanto.

Fluent in English but have a working knowledge of Spanish. I also know very little French, Italian, some Tok Pisin, and my Russian ABGs!

Back
Top Bottom