• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which of Ash's Oak'd Pokemon do you never see him using again?

Cybersai

Reaction score
Given that each new region Ash is on a fresh start until he starts using his old Pokemon again toward the tail-end, which of his Oak'd Pokemon do you never see Ash using again?

For ones he will use again, I think most of the Kanto team are safe. Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Charizard/Snorlax are reunited every major region for Ash's big battles, so I think we'll see them yet again in D/P. As for the others, what do you think?

Which of Ash's old Pokemon do you never see Ash using again?

All of his Joto Pokémon except Donfan and Heracros. Because they're his Joto Pokémon.

The answer's already very obvious (Jotho starters plus Noctowl), but what about his Hoenn Pokémon? Will they ever see use again?

All of his Joto Pokémon except Donfan and Heracros. Because they're his Joto Pokémon.

...And Noctowl. People seem to rule Noctowl out too fast...

1. It is Ash's only Psychic type.
2. It knows Foresight, thus giving Ash a ridicilous advantage over any Ghost types that enemy trainers may possess.

There's even a possibility he may take in Noctowl vs that Gym leader who uses ghost types in Sinnoh. :I

The answer's already very obvious (Jotho starters plus Noctowl), but what about his Hoenn Pokémon? Will they ever see use again?

Sceptile will almost definitely be used again at some point. Its one of his most popular and powerful Pokemon. I'm personally hoping for a Charizard/Sceptile tag team battle at some point.

It also seems to me the writers really like Swellow and Corphish. Do you remember how much screentime those two got? They were used quite often in a good chunk of Gyms, the league, and Brain battles. They even brought back Torkoal to fight Registeel! And Glalie is pretty unique enough to see in battle.

To be honest, I could see Torkoal being forgotten about now. Once Chimchar evolves and between Charizard, there's probably no reason to see Torkoal used anymore.

Bayleef probaly.it never been used again since Johto unless it evolve to Magnesium.

I see the Kanto four (Charizard/Bulbasaur/Squirtle/Snorlax) being used. Reserves like Donphan, Heracross, and Tauros could be used as well (hopefully we get to see Muk and Kingler too). The Hoenn team will definitely be seen. Well maybe not Torkoal since Ash has Chimchar but Sceptile, Corphish, Swellow, and Glalie are pretty awesome pokemon so I see Ash using them.

That leaves the Johto starters and Noctowl. These are the pokemon I see Ash never using agian. Cyndaquil was already forgotten in BF and now that Ash has a Chimchar (which has a significant past and character development), it really shows that Cyndaquil would just be there. Totodile was already forgotten with Squirtle, now there's Corphish and Buizel in Ash's team. Noctowl is definitely overshadowed by Swellow and with a possible Staraptor, there's no way it could battle again. Finally, with Turtwig, Sceptile, and Bulbasaur...I don't see Bayleef being used unfortunately. Which is sad, considering that out of the Johto starters, Bayleef was my favorite.

Johto Pokemon, because it's obviously that Johto, from a game, anime and manga standpoint was screwed beyond belief.

...And Noctowl. People seem to rule Noctowl out too fast...

1. It is Ash's only Psychic type.
2. It knows Foresight, thus giving Ash a ridicilous advantage over any Ghost types that enemy trainers may possess.

There's even a possibility he may take in Noctowl vs that Gym leader who uses ghost types in Sinnoh. :I

Noctowl is normal/flying type. Plus its butt ugly http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Noctowl_(Pokémon)

It's not like Ash had a chance to use his Johto Pokémon during AG
In Hoenn he didn't use -any- of his old ones and in BF they had him use mainly Kanto and Hoenn Pokémon which is logical since the BF saga was like FRLG+Emerald...
This time even without any connection to remakes it seems like DP focus on generations 2+4 like AG focused on 1+3 so I can see Ash using his Johto Pokémon again if he'll use his olds in Sinnoh or the "filler saga" (and if there'll be GSC remakes than it's obvious he'll use them)

All of his Johto pokemon except probably Donphan. Muk and Kingler.( If there is a filler saga in Johto i hope Ash dumps two of his current team and gets back Cyndaquil and Totodile. ( I think Cyndaquil deserves to evolve because it had quite a few gym wins and Totodile.. well just so 1 of his water types can evolve. Everyone knows you can't use win and Totodile in the same sentence.)

Ops, I assumed it was psychic since it knew hypnosis and confusion, anyway, it still got some psychich type moves :p

Still, it's still something that can set it apart from his other bird Pokémon.

While they all do manly the same thing, each of Ash's birds are able to do something different from the others.

Swellow has his resistance to Electric attacks and is known for his wicked speed. Staravia may have a massive boost of power on it's side. (However, it's still being developed). Noctowl's able to use psychic attacks.

Also Noctowl are found in the Sinnoh regional dex so it could count as a Sinnoh Pokémon.

All of his Johto pokemon except probably Donphan. Muk and Kingler.( If there is a filler saga in Johto i hope Ash dumps two of his current team and gets back Cyndaquil and Totodile. ( I think Cyndaquil deserves to evolve because it had quite a few gym wins and Totodile.. well just so 1 of his water types can evolve. Everyone knows you can't use win and Totodile in the same sentence.)

I don't like Totodile because it's obnoxious and can't win a battle xD

No offence Totodile fans. We're all entitled to our opinions.

I don't like Totodile because it's obnoxious and can't win a battle xD

You've broken the laws of the pokemon world!
However, same for me. I like how it dances but its battling skills are pathertic especially if you put it next to the likes of some of Ash's other water types like Squirtle and Corphish.

Totodile didn't have any real personality besides dancing and barely has any memorable wins.

I always figured that Corphish was Totodile done right, a water Pokemon that actually was funny AND had great battles to boot.

Psh, who cares about "memorable" wins?

Battles...they normally drift from memory. And they aren't memorable. (Other than Charizard vs Magmar.)

Another Oak'd Pokémon that won't be back...Kingler.

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom