• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

which one will u pick?

I'm thinking Cyndaquil, since I like its evolutions more than the other ones.

I'm picking Cyndaquil. Just like i did when i played silver and crystal.

I usually always go with cyndaquil because I love fire-types, but usually I end up wanting either a Growlithe or a Vulpix, or a Flareon, so I might go for Chickorita because I have hardly any grass types usually that I like

Totodile, I remember when I first got him on Mystery dungeon, I named him ' Gabba ', he was my partner...

I got Totodile... since, well, I've picked the Water starter in every single game so far, and why break tradition? I love my Feraligatr (coincidentally named かむ), anyway <3

Actually, instead of Chikoreeta ive decided to just trade it for a level 5 Zangoose and use that as my starter.

Chikorita/Totodile/Cyndaquil! FTW!!<333
Take that!
I iz gonna cheatz~>,<

Chikorita in my SS, and Totodile in my HG. Gonna reload enough so I get a female totodile as well (already did this for my Chikorita). :3 I know a lot of people who will have Cyndaquils, so I can easily trade for them. :p Plus then I have a good trade for it.

So far, my gameplan is to use Cyndaquil in the first game I play, which will probably be Soul Silver, just like back in the day, Cyndaquil is my buddy. Then Totodile for the second which would be Heart Gold, he's actually pretty strong, and the IV gen attack system makes him more useful. Then Chikorita for the 3rd, not sure what one I would do, but I am thinking about getting the Japanese version of either one of these games, Chikorita really isn't my favorite starter, of all time, but I'll still use it.

i finally made up my mind. im getting cynadaquil just like i dod in the orriginal gold. i just got the others in a trade so im good. ill have all three ion my team.

I'll get Cyndaquil. But since my friend (in RL) gets Chicorita, I'm asking him for a Chicorita egg

Probably Cyndaquil, if Houndoom still isn't obtainable till you reach Kanto.

I would always pick Cyndaquil cause I thought Elm was blocking me from getting the other two. So yeah, I need to stick to tradition.

I love Totodile, but I'm also considering Cyndaquil if Johto lacks fire types, since I kinda like it as well.

Besides Cyndaquil, I haven't really run into Fire types in-game (got a few off my pokewalker though, but like when I was halfway through the game), so if the lack of fire types greatly affects your choice... yeeeah. :p

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom