• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Pokemon will you have on your team?

Chibster

Zan! Testu! Ken!!
Reaction score
I think I should honor my original Hoenn team, but it was a really poor team. XD

My original team: Sceptile, Tropius, Clamperl/Linoone, Lairon/Flygon, Rayquaza, Kyogre

Yup, I had a really bad team! XD I really want to create a new team, minus Rayquaza or Kyogre. I think I will keep Sceptile and Tropius, I just really like them. I want to keep my team an all Hoenn team, so I have some planning to do!

My planned new team so far:

Sceptile
Tropius
Altaria
-
-
-
Considering:
Altaria
Milotic
Gorebyss(I feel like it's a forgotten Pokemon, for some reason)
Lunatone
Masquerain

Last edited:
Re: What Pokemon will be in your team?

Using Sharpedo, Cacturne, Delcatty, and Magcargo for sure. I have 14 slots since I'm buying both versions and having four Pokemon total in rotation.

Blazekin, Roserade (if it's obtainable before the E4), Sharpedo (never used before, but I don't need an ice-type if I have a fairy-type now), Gardevoir, Crobat (tentative. Might go without a Flyer again.), Manetric

If I don't use Crobat, I'm not sure what I'll use yet. Might want something from Hoenn to make an all Hoenn team.

Swampert is a lock, but aside from that I don't want to settle on anything on the chance we get an expanded 'Dex.

Oh god, I hadn't considered this. There are so many Hoenn pokemon that I love (see my signature). I may do an homage team with Swampert/Linoone/Ludicolo/Dodrio/Pelipper, but it's also tempting to use Froslass since I finally can! We'll see how I feel when the game is physically in front of me.

Depends on the starter I pick:

Blaziken, Whiscash, Shiftry, Glalie, Altaria, Vigoroth
Swampert, Torkoal, Tropius, Kecleon, Seviper, Grumpig
Sceptile, Camerupt, Ludicolo/Milotic, Walrein, Exploud

Assuming the Regional Dex remains the same, my tentative team will probably be:

Sceptile (Will be the first time not choosing the fire type starter)
Azumarill
Ninetales
Walrein
Flying type (TBD)
Not sure about the 6th spot. Probably a 2nd flying type if sky battles are back. If there are no sky battles, it'll probably come down to Zangoose and Absol.

Like I said, this is all tentative. I could change my mind 1000 times over the next 6 months.

Breloom, Gardevoir, Mawile, Ludicolo, Flygon, Zangoose, Roselia (regardless if Roserade is in the regional 'dex or not) and Shiftry are some possible Pokémon right now. And I would love to use all three starters honestly, they were all amazing in my opinion. Maybe I'll recreate my first team, too, so that would add Mightyena, Groudon, and Pelipper to the list. And of course this is assuming the regional 'dex doesn't change, otherwise I don't even know, lol.

TOO MANY OPTIONS! @__@;;

A Blaziken and an HM slave. GG Mate~

Swampert, being the starter is an obvious choice, the rest? I don't know, possibly Breeloom, Medicham, Mawile, a fire-type, and maybe a dragon-type, though it might change depending in how I feel, but definitely using only Hoenn Pokemon for my story playthrough.

Too early for me to decide without knowing what changes there'll be to available Pokes. Only one for definite is the Torchic line.

Well I only just finished a replay of Emerald last year in 2013 and my Milotic from that is still on my main team I use for battling to this day.

My Emerald team was both times

Manectric
Swellow
Sceptile
Torkoal(first playthrough) / Camerupt (2013 replay)
Wailmer (first playthrough) / Milotic (2013 replay)
Gardevoir

My Ruby team from 2003

Blaziken
Zigzagoon
Mightyena
Swellow
Pelliper
Gardevoir

If I decide to get OmegaRuby I can some of the the following maybe making it onto my team as I've wanted to use them for a while

Breloom
Grumpig
Salamence
Metagross
Seviper

Hmm, I'll probably be going with Sceptile since it's the only Hoenn starter I really like. In addition to that, any of Swellow, Mightyena, Sableye, Camerupt, Huntail, Kecleon, Seviper, Beautifly, Raichu, Walrein or Froslass (if Dawn Stone is available)

I wonder if there's any point in me even thinking of a possible team, considering how my final team will probably be way different aside from my starter. However, if the Hoenn Pokédex remains the same, then I wouldn't mind something like:

- Blaziken
- Pelipper/Ludicolo
- Aggron/Mawile
- Manectric
- Grumpig
- Armaldo

For the main game, usually, I use just the in-game traded and gift Pokemon. Then in the post game train those that interest me even if they're not recommended for competitive play.

Last edited:

Hmm... decisions, decisions, decisions. It really depends on if certain Mons will be available in main game or post game. But so far, I've decided to use only Hoenn Mons in the first playthrough. This is what I have so far (note that I'm getting both versions, as per usual, so I may swap things around here and there).

Alpha Sapphire (primary version)
Blaziken
Gardevoir
Manectric
Ludicolo/Roselia (depending on certain elements, such as Roserade in main game)
Crawdaunt/Glalie/Seviper (pending)
Flier (debating between Swellow, Flygon, or Altaria)

Omega Ruby
Blaziken
Gardevoir
Sharpedo/Walrein (depends on my needs)
Flier (same situation as Alpha Sapphire)
Zangoose
Roselia/Tropius (similar situation as above)

Note that these teams are pending, as there are so many good Hoenn Pokemon to choose from. So I may change things around when we get more info.

Assuming it's the same Hoenn Dex next game, I'm going to have something like this:

Sceptile
Mightyena
Manectric
Camerupt
Medicham
Mawile

But if they add new Pokemon, I might mix things up a bit. I'd definitely want to swap out Mightyena and Medicham for something else if we have more options.

I can't decide between Torchic or Mudkip! However, this generation around I will definitely raise a Flygon since I never worked up the effort in Ruby. Everything else will have to wait, since the Dex might possibly expand.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom