• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which Starter will you choose, and what will you nickname it?

Which Starter will you pick

• Total voters
I will have an Oshawott, and he will be named Kambei, after the character from the movie Seven Samurai.
He will be severely overlevelled, at least until we beat the E4.
I didn't really like the final evo initially, but when I found out it stood on two legs and had a sword, I was sold.

I also really think the name Kambei suits Daikenki. In the movie, Kambei is wise but weary. If you'd beaten all of the Unova gyms and the E4, you'd be war-weary too.

ALL OF THEM!!! Me and my friend are going to get a starter, trade it, reset, and then do that over and over again. We'll also do it for the Monkey Trio. :loopy:

ALL OF THEM!!! Me and my friend are going to get a starter, trade it, reset, and then do that over and over again. We'll also do it for the Monkey Trio. :loopy:
You don't have to reset for the monkeys--they're obtainable in the wild I'm pretty sure.

Oshawott for sure. When I first saw the leaked Daikenki image, i was confused; as it's probably the biggest starter evolution jump so far, but I've come to love it unconditionally.
As for a name... I've put a bit of thought into it, and I may end up naming it after a certain blue gemstone... (not Sapphire; that'd be weird)

Oshawott. When I first saw Tepig, I thought to myself, "I NEED THAT!"
But then I saw Oshawott's first evolution, which is now one of my all time favorite pokemon. Once I can trade, though, of course I'll have them all.
"I will pick the water starter and I shall name him squishy and he will be my squishy."
I couldn't decide on a name, then saw that, and laughed like a maniac for 5 minutes. One of my favorite lines from Nemo.

Snivy and it shall take all of my mental restraints NOT to name him Draco Malfoy. I. Mean. Come. ON!

I think since I picked Snivy in my Japanese game (named it Magic) I think I'll pick Miju in this one. I'll probably name it Fizz or Soap or something.

Although I did want to get a Tepig and name it Strong Bad...

I changed my mind once again. It's hard to choose between Oshawott and Snivy. Both are awesome. I think I'll choose Snivy, but I also like Oshawott.

I won't choose Tepig. I don't like Fire-types in general and Tepig's design is rather boring in my opinion.

I'm going with Snivy. It'll be the first time I will pick a grass type for a starter pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom