• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

White/Black = Terrible Names?

Well I like it, coz i play M:tg. Anyways, the name doesn't matter. Would a pokéfan actually not buy the hot new 5th gen games? (unless we have wacky pokémon say a Mewthree or an eevee devolution..)

Personally, I'm excited for these games and the names they have chosen. Since Diamond and Pearl came out, I have been saying that a Black version and a White version need to be made, and now they finally are.

First, I believe that Black and White is making a statement about how the games will be: black and white are the most basic of colors, and they are simple colors instead of flashy jewels. Thus I believe that Black and White will return to the simplicity of Red and Blue. The Legendaries will be unimportant to the story line and are probably just Pokemon who did something in history thus creating their legend. The villains will not be trying to take over the entire universe and create new species of evil Pokemon, they will just want to cause havoc for an event that only applies to their region. It will be a sort of fresh beginning.

Finally, I think the third game in the trio will be called "Pokemon Rainbow Version." lol

They're might be a pattern with the naming. If these games end up being the 2nd colour generation, the maybe generation VI (if there is one) will go back to minerals like obsidian and quartz?

Hmm. Maybe. I never thought about it like that.

i think they're perfect. not to over complicated; but perfectly simple.

I don't understand why people so often have problems with these names. Do you need some over-the-top mineral to invoke a feel of real ultimate power of something? I don't see why a simple title can ever be seen as a step backward. Regardless I think this game will be just as popular if it was called Black or white, as if it were called Uranium or Unobtainium. The discussion is rather pointless let alone controversy.

Dude, the reason it'll sell is because black is style. Anything that is cool, is "the new black." Black is tuxedos, and little black dresses, and shiny shoes, and the Batmobile.

It has nothing to do with fear or the melting pot.

He does have a good point about the popularity of horror movies though... to put it in a smaller perspective, I was one of the very few in school and the only one at my job who doesn't like watching horror movies.

And Batmobile FTW.

What made me laugh at the names was the fact that this name idea has been a fan made for a very long time on the interenet. It's been around like sence blue and red I do believe. It's been a running joke and then they actuly make games with those titles. To me it just seems like the interenet fans won again xD

What made me laugh at the names was the fact that this name idea has been a fan made for a very long time on the interenet. It's been around like sence blue and red I do believe. It's been a running joke and then they actuly make games with those titles. To me it just seems like the interenet fans won again xD

I also get the feeling that those are the same fans that think these names are lame or something... very strange indeed.:uhoh:

Giving your opinion is something totally different from trolling -.-

Trolling? I'm not familiar with that Internet slang term.

They're simple. I don't see anything wrong with them. Not the most exciting names yet, but better than going with more gems/metals or orange and purple lol.

I agree with Nyaz on this while that they're not the most exciting I couldn't even name the color Platinum (I just know it's silver or something). Orange and Purple would be terrible.

You know the name doesn't effect the gameplay at all except for maybe a title Pokemon being a "mascot" of that color.

It seems kind of "final" to me, like they may be the last games. Knowing Pokemon's success though, probably not.

It seems kind of "final" to me, like they may be the last games. Knowing Pokemon's success though, probably not.

I swear, the next time I see this, I'm editing my sig. There is nothing final about them.

No no no :nono:, the final generation will have Pokemon End and Pokemon Last, with the third version being Pokemon Final.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom