• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

who are your favourite artists

Status
Not open for further replies.

danh19

Reaction score
I not a massive music person but I found that I like a lot of queen songs some Robbie Williams Katie Perry and a few other songs also I found that classical music sometimes helps with my anxiety

I've got a lot of favourites, so I'll sort them into their genres to make my post less messy.

EDM/Electronic/Synthwave - deadmau5, Skrux, Seven Lions, Hermitude, Eric Prydz, Emancipator, Avicii, Wave Racer, Bro Safari, UZ, Take/Five, Lookas, Snavs, Basenji, Galantis, Netsky, Pendulum, Feint, WRLD, Armin Van Buuren, Mitch Murder, Waveshaper, Dance with the Dead, Starcadian.

Electro-Swing - Caravan Palace, Parov Stelar, Odjbox, Tape Five, Swingrowers, Swing Republic

Metal - Powerwolf, Sabaton, Equilibrium, Within Temptation, Slayer, Black Sabbath, Megadeth, Lacuna Coil, Twilight Force, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Amon Amarth, Agalloch, Arkona, Whispered, Sonata Arctica, Kamelot, Trivium (older stuff mostly), Children of Bodom, Epica, Anubis Gate.

Rock - Radiohead, Pink Floyd, Evanescence, Halestorm, Panic! At the Disco, The Killers, The Who, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Queen, Bullet for my Valentine, Atreyu.

Others (Pop, Indie Pop/Folk, etc) - ABBA, Bee Gees, Owl City, Delta Goodrem, Adam Lambert, Sia, machineheart, Tame Impala, Arctic Monkeys, Bastille, Imagine Dragons, Foster the People, MGMT, Of Monsters and Men, Florence + The Machine, Empire of the Sun

As you can see, I listen to a lot of genres. The only ones I absolutely despise are Country and Opera (though I don't mind opera-like singing in metal songs).

Last edited:
Pop - The Cab, Boys like Girls, Faber Drive, Katy Perry, Fall Out Boy, The White Tie Affair, 3Oh!3, Arianna Grande, All Time Low, We The Kings, Hayley Williams, Britney Spears, Bruno Mars, The Downtown Fiction, Pink, Maroon 5, Ne-Yo, Demi Lavato, Carly Rae Jepsen, Avril Lavigne, Ke$ha, Cobra Starships, Fun, Lady Gaga, Bowling For Soup, Ryan Tedder, Charlie Puth, Go Periscope

Punk - Breath Carolina, Punk Goes Pop, Pierce the Veil

Rock - Shinedown, Lansdowne, Train

Country - Gavin DeGraw, Josh Turner, Florida Georgia Line, Kieth Urban

1980's - Various Artist

EDM - Hellberg, Cash Cash, David Guettta, Zed, Calvin Harris, Ellie Goulding, Pegboard Nerds, Avicii, Matthew Koma, Vanic, Alan Walker, Oh Wonder, Krewlla, Billie Elish, Bryce Fox,

Dislike
K-Pop, Indie, Alternative, Classical, Death Metal, Instrumental, Soul, and especially Rap

I gravitate mostly to pop and up-bet songs as I find them quite heavenly.
There are also some hit songs that hit the billboard but I only like that specific song as to compared to what generally do. A perfect example of this are Adele's "Rolling in the Deep" and "Hello." Really enjoyable songs but listening to their respective albums just isn't to my liking. I'm quite old-school looking back at it now. I like it!

I listen mostly to Classical, Metal, Folk, and rock.

My favourite artist would be:
Nightwish, Tchaikovsky, Eluveitie, Evanescence, Beethoven, and Of Monsters And Men.

Radiohead, the Beatles, Michael Jackson, just to name of few of the rock/pop ones. As for rap, I enjoy Dr Dre, Tribe Called Quest, Kanye West, Public Enemy, Wu-tang Clan, and most of all, DRAKE

Reactions: dig
D A V I D

B O W I E

Seriously, listen to his Hunky Dory album as a lead-in to his music, then Ziggy Stardust. That Ziggy album will blow you away.

rock - the beatles, oasis, stone roses, strokes, the clash
reggae - steel pulse, bob marley, the congos, ini kamoze, culture, scientist, king tubby, lee scratch perry, burning spear, dadawah, rhythm & sound, paul st. hilaire, max romeo
techno - deepchord, underworld, ricardo villalobos, robert hood, plastikman, gas, voices from the lake, cv313
hip hop - wu tang clan, a tribe called quest, big L, kanye, pete rock & c.l. smooth, ghostface killah, common, madlib, dilla, DOOM, mos def, cannibal ox, gang starr, the roots, slum village, nas, mobb deep, raekwon, gza, freddie gibbs, jurassic 5, de la soul, jeru the damaja, m.o.p., spank rock

Whenever a thread like this comes up, I'm sitting here for hours thinking of what I consider my favorites. :ROFLMAO:

Lots of surf artists like stuff from The Ventures, The Chantays, Dick Dale, and The Tornados. There are a plenty of Madonna songs I cannot get enough of and listen to constantly. No Doubt and Shontelle only have one song each that I like but they're so good that I consider them favorite artists, regardless. My brother got me into The Ramones; very catchy stuff.

A lot of modern musicians have made their way to my favorites list: I love Rihanna, The Black-Eyed Peas, Katy Perry, and Bruno Mars. I just love anyone who can produce catchy stuff that keeps me busy while I work. =)

Interpol is just amazing. The Alan Parsons Project was a favorite of mine from a young age, and I'm a big fan of Weird Al as well. Recently, I have really been digging The Cure and Depeche Mode, and Týr and Sabaton are my favorite metal bands.

I just found Joni Mitchell today (I bought the Blue album) and oh my god words cannot express the sheer beauty of her lyrics and music

The Rolling Stones, Fleetwood Mac, Kylie Minogue, Duran Duran, Phil Collins, AC/DC.

Artists with highest concentration of music in my playlists:

The Beatles
Simon & Garfunkel
Florence and the Machine
Regina Spektor
Marina and the Diamonds

And there's LOTS of Top 40. Though not this year so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom