• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who Do You Want To See in the Next Super Smash Bros. Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, back to Yoshi Series reps...really, it's kind of a artifact now that Yoshi is in his own series. He's so close to Mario that there's really not that much for him in terms of characters, and even in Melee one of the Yoshi Stages was from Super Mario World. They should just combine him with Mario, imo.

The only realistic rep I can see is Shy Guy...he's primarily Mario, sure, but is Yoshi's main enemy in all his games, and would be a nice compliment to Yoshi since he comes into different colors. Could probably have a moveset based off the various Shy Guy variants and spin-offs, like Fly Guy, a kart move, a tennis raquet/baseball bat, or something.

Well, Poochy, but he's become such a minor character over the years. In the original Yoshi's Island he was pretty important, but that's pretty much the only additional supporting character exclusive to Yoshi's series.

Let me think of the important recurring supporting characters for the other game franchises that have not yet been used . . .

Mario: Pretty much all covered aside from Koopalings (Bowser Jr.), Toad, or a group of Bowser's minions (Goomba, Lakitu, and Troopa as a team), Fawful is also probably the most popular Mario bad guy outside of Bowser.
Luigi's Mansion: E. Gadd, King Boo
Wario: Captain Syrup, Mona, Jimmy T.
Donkey Kong: Dixie Kong, K. Rool, Donkey Kong Jr.
Kid Icarus: Medusa, Palutena, Eggplant Wizard
F-Zero: Samurai Goroh, Jody Summers, Black Shadow
Metroid: Ridley, Metroid Prime, Kraid, any one of the other bounty hunters from Hunters or Metroid Prime 3 (probably Weevil since he's an actual Space Pirate and thus the main character of his "Race").
Kirby: Waddle Dee, Prince Fluff, Gooey
Zelda: Toon Zelda/Phantom Zelda, Tingle, Vaati
Yoshi: Poochy
Pokemon: Tons, but the ones relevant to Generation V going by Nintendo's marketing are probably Victini and Zoroark. Pokemon trainer N with the ability to switch between Rerisham and Zerkrom is also probably a possibility. I'd prefer Victini over Zoroark myself.
StarFox: Krystal
Pikmin: Any of the enemies (Louie on a Bulborb?), someone from Pikmin 3.
Earthbound/Mother and Fire Emblem: Too many possibilities to list. Porky, Paula, Poo, Jeff, Starman, Dr. Andonuts, and Mr. Saturn just to name a FEW.

Guest Properties
Metal Gear: Liquid Snake, Raiden, Revolver Ocelot
Sonic: Tails, Dr. Eggman, Shadow, Knuckles

I know this is crazy, but personally I'd like to see a revamped Captain N redesigned in the style of Pit's Smash Bros re-appearance. Makes more sense than ROB, to me. You could even revamp the series so the characters are no longer stupid trophies and just part of Captain N's adventures.

Harry (Teleroboxer) (Hey, ROB shouldn't have to be the only Nintendo robot to be in the SSB series, you know!)
Astal (Shining Crystal Legend Astal) (Guest)
Geist (Shining Crystal Legend Astal) (Guest)
Ryu (Street Fighter) (Guest)
Metal Gear REX (Metal Gear Solid) (Guest Boss)
Twinbee (Twinbee series) (Guest)
Dino Piranha (Super Mario Galaxy) (Boss)
Sylux (Metroid)
Kraid (Metroid) (Boss)
Jaguarandi (Cyber Troopers Virtual-On) (Guest Boss)

that's all I could think of at this very moment!

Considering this game is ACTUALLY happening *squeeeeeeeee* I can go in support of Ridley again.

A lot of people argue about him just being too big. But Bowser has been shrunk down considerably. And Ridley in the original Metroid was not much bigger than Samus (graphically anyways). It can be done easily. I strongly support adding a new Metroid rep alongside our hot space mercenary.

Also, I want Lyn upgraded from Assist Trophy to full blown character. She's be my main for sure.

Midna would be AWESOME as a SSB character. Think of the possibilities... *drools* And possibly add in a transformation for Link to go into Wolf Link. Hmmm... axe Toon Link with the bananaxe of doom. Make Ganondorf better. Zelda is good as is, imo.

LoZ Characters Wish List
- Link -> Wolf Link
- Princess Zelda -> Sheik
- Ganondorf
- Princess Midna

I would like to see Waluigi as a playable character, because he's probably a very strange character that is both famous and infamous, which makes him an awesome character. Since Waluigi is very slender, I can see Waluigi being good at dodging, and the long limbs means longer reach.

I wouldn't mind Balloon Fighter being brought up to the ranks as well like it was originally intended to be.

Thanks for reading.

This wouldn't happen, but for third party games, it would be interesting to have Pac-man.
The only problem is, is that he doesn't have any powers other than when he eats the big pellet, and even then, I would like to save that for his Final Smash.

I also want a tetris stage.

Here is a couple I'd like to see. There's more...I just can't think of them :p

Gen V Pokemon Trainer(with Oshawott or Dewott)
Waluigi...Complete with his infamous crotch chop
Anthony Higgs
Rundas
Ghor
Gandrayda
Aramatseau
Midna
Any important character from Kid Icarus Uprising if there's any good ones.
Last but not least.....THE FABULOUS DEBBIE!!! (Or Lord Ghirahim)

Issac
Starfy
Saki Amamiya
Balloon Fighter
Micaiah
Zoroark
Megaman*
Ryu*
Amaterasu*

*Possibly with the Capcom mention.

I've had a few thoughts on characters, it's a mix of guys I want and guys I think are inevitable regardless:

Zoroark - Probably a lock for new Pokemon rep, I thought it'd be cool if it could transform in to other Gen V Pokemon to fight or something.

Louie - With the new Pikmin game and Nintendo's well documented love of clones, I think Louie's very likely. Hopefully he'll do something different from Olimar with his Pikmin at least.

Saki Amamiya - Has an assist trophy, a new game and was a fairly popular request for Brawl. I think he's got a good chance.

Little Mac - Same deal as Saki, and he actually was considered for Melee/Brawl. But the problem was they couldn't think of a good moveset for him, so it'll depend on whether they can this time or not.

Ray MkII - Doesn't have a recent game to my knowledge, but had a trophy and was another popular request so I can see it happening.

Magnus/Medusa - We have Uprising coming soon, and Magnus seems like the type they'd stick in Smash to promote it. Can also see Medusa happening fairly easily.

Mii - They mentioned customization for the 3DS version so Miis are totally coming.

King K. Rool/Dixie Kong - K. Rool's totally my choice for a new DK character, but I think Dixie's more likely. Hopefully they'll surprise me here.

Sukapon - No way he's getting in but I can always dream.

Erdrick/Loto - If they do guest characters again, I think Dragon Quest has a good chance since Nintendo's advertising for it now. Slime would totally by my choice for Assist Trophy.

Last edited:
Professor Kawashima as a summon of some sort.
I mean, Keiji Inafune can fire laser beams.

More seriously, I like everyone ever would like to see Geno. But given how's Square like, I wouldn't count on it.

If they were to add another Metroid character (which they should, given Samus is the sole representative of the series), they probably should go with Sylux. It is the most mysterious hunter, yet one of the most popular ones and draws a nice parallel to Samus. Though really, any other hunter would make a good alternative.

There is name data in Super Smash Bros. Brawl for "Toon Zelda", so Tetra or Phantom Zelda as a playable character is actually a good posibility.

Talking about Phantom Zelda... Byrne would be really awesome. He'd have plenty of potential for an unique character.

Also, Zoroark copying other players for a taunt, complete with mimicking their name and player marker (so there are two 3P for instance) and of course color and moveset, except it still uses its own B moves. That gimmick would be useless in 1v1 fights though, so it obviously also needs its own good moveset besides that.

Last edited:
AM I THE ONLY ONE HERE THAT WANTS TOON SHIEK?????
...yes, yes I am.
Well, the name for Toon Shiek WAS found in Brawl's coding, and it seems unlikely that Nintendo would screw up and call Tetra Shiek.

Zoroark to replace Lucario, Donkey Kong Jr. , Dark Samus, and i'd love to see Roy come back from Melee. Guys still my favorite character.

Oh yeah! The chance is less than infantesimal, but Guy from FE would be awesome.
SWORDMASTER CRITICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Erdrick/Loto - If they do guest characters again, I think Dragon Quest has a good chance since Nintendo's advertising for it now. Slime would totally by my choice for Assist Trophy.

Roto. Roto.
Any way, here's a special moveset for him:
Neutral: Metal Slash: This attack does the same knockback to metallic foes.
Up: Return/Zoom: Erdrick glows blue, jumps, disappears, and reappears seconds later.
Side: Boomerang: Erdrick throws a boomerang. This boomerang plows through opponents.
Down: Fireball: A ring of fire surronds Erdrick. This attack has fire frames.
FINAL SMASH: Ultimate Spell: Thordain: Erdrick flies to the center of the stage, and summons a huge energy ball. The energy ball crackles, and explodes, and lighting crackles from that spot. Occasionaly, the energy ball instead explodes, and the lighting is intestified: a critical hit.

Zero from Megaman
Bowser Jr
Amateratsu
Leon S Kennedy
The main character of MGS Rising

Snake got in, so why not him? :p

Bowser Jr. (if he made it in) would be a clone of Bowser, with some physichal attacks being changed to use the Power Paintbrush [?] and his side special move is where he tosses a shell (like Diddy's down special, it actually creates the item)

I would want Zoroark, A new Pkmn Trainer,(Having Snivy, Dewott, then Emboar.) Louie,(or the President.), and Mii.

For the least likely ones, Dry bones and Sora.

I would also like to see A new story mode where travel through the nintendo worlds, kinda like SSBM but with a story and way longer.

I also Prefer that you don't unlock characters just because they joined your team.

I was also thinking that a certain group of characters could have there own story. For example, Mario, Luigi, Peach, and Yoshi could have there own story. While, Bowser, Ganodorf, king Dedede, and some other charater could have a story too. When you beat all the stories you get too face off in one final one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom