• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who was your first starter Pokemon?

Who did you choose?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Charmander

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Treecko

• Torchic

• Mudkip

• Turtwig

• Chimchar

• Piplup

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Snivy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tepig

• Oshawott

• Umbreon & Espeon (Colosseum)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Eevee (Pokemon XD)

• Total voters
To be more exact, the very first run I started together with my brother. We picked Charmander because a friend told me it's great. However we didn't play the game too long (mostly for arguing :D) and then we started each our own game.
Since then I always go with the grass-type. (Brother on the other hand has an affinity to the water starters)

It was Pikachu for me, since I played Yellow first. Yeah, nothing like being 8 years old, not really understanding the game that well, and going to face Brock with that. >_>

I'm pretty sure I originally intended to get Blue all those years ago, but for some reason I opted for Yellow on a whim. To this day I have no idea why, so my first starter was Pikachu. Having said that, I nearly always chose Bulbasaur on Blue apart from the occasional Squirtle

I don't remember who i chose in blue, it's been so long. Though I do want to say Bulbasaur.

Well my first starter is a Bulbasaur on a Leafgreen ROM. I got a disk with a lot of Pokemon ROMs and I just randomed Leafgreen. However, my little sister decided to play Ruby and picked Torchic. Since she was still a clueless noob at that time (although I was also a clueless rookie), I had to help her defeat Roxanne. After that, I chose to play Ruby first before Leafgreen and took a liking to Blaziken. So, I have to say that I prefer Torchic rather than Bulbasaur.

Either Charmander, ,Squirtle or Pikachu. Depends what game I first played, but it was so long ago I am not entirely certain.

Eevee in Pokemon XD, who I evolved into a Vaporeon.

I got my GameCube before anything else so that's why.

My first game was Red, and I picked Charmander. Named it Charmer, after this Pokemon walkthrough/story book thing I got from the book fair.
Shortly after, when I got Blue, I picked Squirtle.

My first Pokemon Game was Fire Red (I'm a sheltered Pokemon Nut) and I picked Squirtle as my first ever Pokemon!

My first game was Blue and I picked Squirtle, it was a toss up between him and Charmander but little Squirtle won.
Happy memories :)

First ever game was Blue all them years ago. I picked Squirtle and gave it the inspiring nickname "Turtigar" and the name has stuck for every Squirtle I've had ever since. I always remember liking Squirtle most because he could beat the E4 on his own with no trouble. Surf/Ice Beam/Strength/Earthquake was my set and it handily beat everything. xD

My first game was Gold and my first starter was Cyndaquil. <3 It was my eighth birthday, and my parents randomly bought me a Gameboy and Pokemon Gold. I think I just picked Cyndaquil because it was the first one I looked at, lol. Cyndaquil will always have a special place in my heart because it was the first starter I ever chose.

Very first was Squirtle, but I restarted the game the next day because I stupidly thought I had lost the HM Cut forever... (I thought it was the TM (Bide) you got from Brock since I had already sold it and couldn't find this "Cut" move everyone was talking about).
On my first real playthrough however I picked Charmander. (How I managed to beat Brock with my limited Pokèmon knowledge at the time is anyone's guess...) That Charmander was a Charizard by the first day.

My very first Starter back in 98 was Squirtle. I just couldn't make my mind, so I picked Squirtle because I liked Blastoise's cannons quite a lot back then. >_> So much hostility...
Anyway, oddly enough, it's been maaaaany years since I picked Blastoise again... I usually stick to Charmander because it gives me a bit of nostalgia and I just don't like Bulbasaur. At all.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom