• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who was your first starter Pokemon?

Who did you choose?

• Bulbasaur

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Charmander

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Chikorita

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 9 8.1%
  • Totodile

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Treecko

• Torchic

• Mudkip

• Turtwig

• Chimchar

• Piplup

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Snivy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tepig

• Oshawott

• Umbreon & Espeon (Colosseum)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Eevee (Pokemon XD)

• Total voters
I believe my first starter might have been either Charmander or Squirtle. One or the other. I wasn't exactly a big Bulbasaur fan when I was a kid, and now it happens to be one of my favorites. But either Charmander or Squirtle for sure.

I picked Bulbasaur in Blue. For whatever reason, a grass starter appealed to me, and I loved his face! He seemed more solid in stance to me than a Charmander or Squirtle.

I chose Bulbasaur as my very first starter on Pokemon Blue, back in Christmas 2000. It felt quite odd having a starter, and indeed a Pokemon, of my own after watching the TV show for over a year and watching friends from school playing on their Game Boys on the playground. I also had Pokemon Stadium for a few months prior to owning Red and Blue, on which I won a Charmander as a prize for winning the Gym Leader Castle. That Charmander was downloaded straight onto my Blue version that Christmas, but regrettably I shafted my Bulbasaur in favour of it despite it growing disobedient through having a different OT. As it happens, that Charmander is one of only two Pokemon that I have raised to Level 100 (Swampert from my first Ruby file being the other one). Incidentally, I still have both of them. However, I still have a habit of choosing Bulbasaur for most of my Red, Blue and FireRed playthroughs, so I would say that I favour Bulbasaur a bit more than Charmander despite my username on here.

:lx155: Cyndaquil was my first starter ever. I got Pokemon Crystal from a cousin and I loved the game. The Cyndaquil line has been my favorite ever since.

Squirtle in LeafGreen was my first ever pokemon, and remains to this day my favorite.

Chimchar. I picked fire types all the time from diamond to heartgold. He now resides in my fire type box in black 2

Charmander in Blue Version!
First two gym leaders were a pain... Other than that, he was a destructive force.

Oh Squirtle, we truly did it all in 1998. I specifically remember his moveset: Skull Bash, Surf, Hydro Pump, Blizzard...the good ole days...

Mudkip was my first Pokemon. I discovered the games when Emerald was coming out, and I ended up getting it for my birthday. I made it to the point where you had to pick your starter, but I wasn't sure who to chose. I ended up picking Mudkip, and I had no regrets.

I can't really remember but either Charmander or Squirtle in Pokemon Red. I restarted the game a ton so it's hard to remember plus it was a long time ago.

Charmander in Pokemon Red version. I was attracted to the game by the Charizard on the cover in the first place, so go figure.

My first (and last) legitimate level 100 was my Typhlosion in Silver version. Sadly, it was short lived because some punk kid had to "accidentaly" delete my file. >.<

It was Cyndaquil in Gold Version.

I'm sad that the poll has been arleady closed, I didn't vote on it.

My first starter was Pikachu. My first Pokemon game was Pokemon Yellow; therefore, I thought that Pikachu was the only starter available for Red and Blue versions too.

My very first Starter Pokémon was Totodile way back in Pokémon Gold which is a memory I still keep with me.

My first was Cyndaquil, to this day it's still my favorite starter. That girl combusted everything in her way, good times...

my first starter was bulbasaur on pokemon red version. i was so excited to see it evolve into an ivysaur. i wasint good at pokemon at first cuz i was like, 2 when i first played it, but now that ive been playing my whole life, ive gotten pretty good.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom