• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Who would win in these battles: the three girls

I love how there are "Water is so versatile, for sure she will win" statements when out of all the Water types on this list, only 3 of them are dual types.

Most people didnt used this as argument,why Misty would have bigger chance to win in my opinion.But it was reffered,how those who use only one tpe tend to develop tehnicques which would increase their chances in battles against types they might be at disadvantage.Other things which makes them versatile is their abillity to battle in various battlefields,in their element having edge aswell being good in defensive moves.
One of examples is when Mistys Gyarados learned flamethrower.Every E4 uses mostly one type,which is not stopping them from being one of top trainers in world.Of course Misty cant bbe compared to them,but thats aside the point.

Point is how contests and training battles are not the same thing.While Dawn and May have more experience in coordinating,in trtainer battles its the other way around.

While it is listed as Misty's Gyarados on main site Gyarados also actually doesn't belong to her, it belongs to Cerulean Gym.

The moment she aquired his thrust and calmed it down putting him in pokeball,it started to be hers.Unlike Dewgong which is property of Cerulean gym,she takes Gyarados with her and is mentioned as one of Mistys pokemon.

There is more than one way to obtain pokemon.

Same with Dawn, she beat May in a contest, and at the end of the day, even if she were to lose to May in a future rematch, she can always say she won first, despite the experience difference.

You think May would have lost if she used Blaziken or Venusaur? That victory was because Dawn could not lose again. If I'm correct, Dawn was on a losing streak at that moment. May used Glaceon which was her most inexperienced Pokemon. Dawn used Piplup which is her most experienced one. If May had used Blaziken, she would have pushed aside Dawn with ease.

I love how there are "Water is so versatile, for sure she will win" statements when out of all the Water types on this list, only 3 of them are dual types.

According to Bulbapedia, Dewgong *is* hers

--

You think May would have lost if she used Blaziken or Venusaur? That victory was because Dawn could not lose again. If I'm correct, Dawn was on a losing streak at that moment. May used Glaceon which was her most inexperienced Pokemon. Dawn used Piplup which is her most experienced one. If May had used Blaziken, she would have pushed aside Dawn with ease.

My thoughts exactly

We all know Ash loves May, silly! :p *shot*
^ <3

If May was using Blaziken, Dawn should have used other pokemon.

Mamoswine for example can't beat it. I doubt if there's a pokemon of Dawn's team that can.

Mamoswine could beat Blaziken but since Ground type moves are so easily countered in the Anime, Ancient Power is all it has to counter Blaziken, since Ice shard would not be very effictive and Take Down would do neutral damage. But then again, type effectiveness hardly matters in the anime.

So when it comes to Blaziken vs. Mamoswine is anyone's guess as to who's gonna win.

Though, Dawn's Piplup has a type adavantage...just that's not the winning factor in the anime.

Plus, that wouldn't be fair. May's Blaziken is all-powerful, while Dawn's Piplup is a failure at lifenOOb.

If May was using Blaziken, Dawn should have used other pokemon.

Mamoswine for example can't beat it. I doubt if there's a pokemon of Dawn's team that can.

Her Togekiss could take Blaziken out easily with it's Sky Attack.

:kawaii: *shot again*

It wouldn't have mattered who May used. The point is May was doomed to lose for the simple fact that Dawn was on a losing streak when she entered the Wallace Cup. The writers would have allowed her to win regardless of who May used. Also, it was a contest battle, not a normal battle.

It wouldn't have mattered who May used. The point is May was doomed to lose for the simple fact that Dawn was on a losing streak when she entered the Wallace Cup. The writers would have allowed her to win regardless of who May used. Also, it was a contest battle, not a normal battle.

This. It's true, Dawn was bound to win.

But, in reality, their choices of Pokemon would have affected their positions.

May could have won, but the plot demanded that Dawn win fortunately.

Also:
qw.jpg

I just had to...

Doesn't really matter my friend, a win is a win. No matter how you slice it. Misty could say she beat Ash, which not that many non-Champion, Elite Four, or Masters can say they did. Also, that win was much well deserved, since I always believed she was the stronger and more underrated trainer of the 2.

Uh, she beat Ash when Ash was only using one type of pokemon. Misty's overrated as a trainer as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying she's weak but she's not all that either. And Ash has had his ass kicked by a lot of people over the years.

Uh, she beat Ash when Ash was only using one type of pokemon. Misty's overrated as a trainer as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying she's weak but she's not all that either. And Ash has had his ass kicked by a lot of people over the years.

Misty is underrated if anything as a trainer. Why?

Well females in general are treated poorly when it comes to anime. For once I'd love for the female to outshine the male. I was really hoping Dawn would become the new series main.

Also, Misty is stronger than Ash, she beat him in an official wordwide tournament, and she coached him.

Ash wouldn't be half as good as he is today without Misty, and that is a fact.

Ash wouldn't be half as good as he is today without Misty, and that is a fact.

I agree with that. Now I think that Misty would win because she does have more battle experience. She trained more then May and Dawn. But in a contest, May or Dawn would win.

I agree with that. Now I think that Misty would win because she does have more battle experience. She trained more then May and Dawn .

Thank you!!! This is so true, Ash is only Ash because the writers silver spoon fed him. I love Ash, but Misty was better in every aspect, the fans don't lie.

But in a contest, May or Dawn would win.

I disagree. I love May and Dawn, but seriously, contests don't require experience.

Togekiss's debut and the Wallace Cup should tell people that.

Also, Misty is stronger than Ash, she beat him in an official wordwide tournament, and she coached him.

Lol, no. Go look at the Totodile Duel episode. Misty's Pokemon evolved and she STILL lost.

Lol, no. Go look at the Totodile Duel episode. Misty's Pokemon evolved and she STILL lost.

But Poliwhirl beat Totodile in the Whirl Cup, and got way more development and battles, and evolution since Poliwag than Totodile ever did.

Misty still got the better end of the battle.

But Poliwhirl beat Totodile in the Whirl Cup, and got way more development and battles, and evolution since Poliwag than Totodile ever did.

Misty still got the better end of the battle.

Well yeah, if Ash and Misty did a strictly water battle she probably would win. But, if it wasn't limited to only one type he probably would beat her.

Well yeah, if Ash and Misty did a strictly water battle she probably would win. But, if it wasn't limited to only one type he probably would beat her.

I beg to differ, Misty was always shown to be wiser, more mature, smarter, and stronger than Ash on many occasions. Misty lost to Ash, but still came out as a victor on several occasions.

I haven't seen the later seasons of Pokemon so I won't comment on the Pokemon battles, but I think Misty could physically kick anyone's ass.

Misty was shown to be more mature than Ash in Johto, yes, but he's traveled alot since then and definitely done some growing up.

It's sort of a hard call to make because there are a ton of factors to consider. Misty, May, and Dawn are all very good trainers - so it's something you can't really call in advance. Pokemon has made up so much stuff and so many DEMs that because they're all pretty equal, it's anybody's game. Dawn beat May once, but the outcome could have been completely different based on circumstance. Dawn was probably more determined than May to win, at the moment, and that can make the difference. Thay all have a lot of experience...so yeah... no real, fair way to make a call.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom