• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

why is pokemon so interesting to you?

i like it because very few games i know of let you customize your team as much as Pokemon does, i mean i really don't care for games where I'm stuck with a certain group of characters without any control of who i want to play as, i mean i can change my team over and over and over and over again as much as i want without having to start all over again, and being able to change it with every whim. and i have such a large selection it doesnt get boring for me :).

The pokemon universe has always been very vast, and I think that might be a part of why it's so popular, it's easy for someone to visualize themselves catching that pikachu or something. It's pretty cool after 10 years, it still captures people's imagination.

my reason

originally, i thought the pokemon series wasnt interesting at all because it was altered so dramatically to be kiddish. i also thought that if it was brought to america in its original form(less usage of the word friend, original names, no stupid speechs) it wouldve hit a general audience. then a friend of mine asked me over the summer" do you know what digimon and pokemon were like in japanese?" it sparked my curiousity to find out, and i realized i was right; the japanese version slaughters the english version (and thats putting it lightly. after that it got me interested again. i think im attracted to pokemon because of the concept; capture something, raise it, battle with it. i kinda always liked that even after i got out of pokemon.

I must say that I like video games a lot. I like to play them discover all secrets and train them. "Pokemon" is a very good RPG. I watched anime but now I don't do it anymore. Anime is really boring or maybe I'm too old for it. Anyway, pokemon are sweet, fluffy pets good for hugs and for fights. That why I love em =D

Good question. Well, I like it because of the battling aspects. I love fighting games. Of course, there is also the animal/raising a pet side to it. I love pets, and just animals in general, tame or not. ^_^

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom