• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wi-Fi Enhancements/changes?

Probably not a way the GTS can filter out all fake pokes, but atleast the obvious ones that were caught at the wrong levels in the wrong places. And ofcourse random battling on wifi would be much appreciated.

And what about a wifi hub for people looking for battles? so you can run around and ask players if they want to battle? Shouldnt these things already be in the games? I mean theyre pretty obvious and shouldn't be that hard to do i dont think...

Last edited:
GTS definitely needs a revamp, including a more intelligent upload/search system that prevents requests for impossible Pokémon from clogging up the system. Why GF decided to let people request Level 10 Mewtwo is beyond me.

Thank you!! I constantly look for simple, low leveled pokemon e.g Teddiursa lv.9 and under. When I select, that person wants a lv.100 Deoxys

Random battles, dear god, yes!

GTS fix would be nice, too. ;A; Sadly, I can't think of a way to make people offer something fair.

And let's avoid another US-Platinum GTS bug, huh? God knows how many times I find a Pokemon I want, and I have a Pokemon I can trade, only to discover I can't trade it. Confused the hell out of me the first time I tried GTS before I heard about that glitch.

Allow the games to use WPA settings so that I can get on my router much easier >_>
Someone fill me in, because I'd love if they made it easier: isn't this tied to the DS itself or can the games override it from game to game? The big thing between the DS and DSi, I thought, was the larger security options that game with the DSi.

And I dunno... Maybe Leaderboards? Who has the best... record or something. Bleh. Pokeathlon and all that crap. Or something new.

Someone fill me in, because I'd love if they made it easier: isn't this tied to the DS itself or can the games override it from game to game? The big thing between the DS and DSi, I thought, was the larger security options that game with the DSi.

While the console itself also needs to be able to negotiate with WPA, the game is a factor as well. The DSi, despite having WPA support, can't use WPA when playing a regular DS game. WPA (and all other additional DSi functionality) is reserved for DSi-enhanced or DSi-exclusive software. It's similar to how all the DS hardware essentially shuts down immediately after a GBA game is launched on a DS Phat or Lite. When running a DS game on the DSi, every extra feature that was added to the DSi becomes inaccessible.

I would enjoy the ability to record like half an hour of gameplay and upload it via Wifi to a Nintendo based hosting site.

How about the ability to add/remove a held item from a pokemon in your inventory while connected to the GTS or in the WFC? Or even USE an item (Yay! They want a level 20 Caterpie for that shiny level 10 Arceus and I have one. Oh wait, mine is only level 19, I'll have to exit and use a rare candy and come back in and hope it is still there...)

How about the ability to add/remove a held item from a pokemon in your inventory while connected to the GTS or in the WFC? Or even USE an item (Yay! They want a level 20 Caterpie for that shiny level 10 Arceus and I have one. Oh wait, mine is only level 19, I'll have to exit and use a rare candy and come back in and hope it is still there...)

This sounds pretty plausible, I'd go for it!

I would be so happy if they, in the Global Terminal, let you connect to WFC once, then choose which machine you want to check. It's a little odd that I have to disconnect, go to another machine, connect to WFC again, and so on whenever I want to check another machine. Maybe a list of machines which you can choose from after connecting.

There are only 2 I'd like to see:
1) Random Battles
Just like PBR.

2) An over-haul of the GTS to restrict unreasonable trades. This can be done by characterising each Pokémon into a group: S, A, B, C or D.

If a Pokémon you deposit is in Group S, you can request Pokémon from any group.
If a Pokémon you deposit is in Group A, you can request Pokémon from Group A,B,C and D.
If a Pokémon you deposit is in Group B, you can request a Pokémon from A,B,C and D.
If a Pokémon you deposit is in Group C, you can request a Pokémon from B,C or D.
If a Pokémon you deposit is in Group D, you can request Pokémon from Group C or D.
That way, it leaves room for optimism while being fairer.

Pokémon in Group S: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Manaphy, Phione, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus + Gen V Event Pokémon.
Examples of Pokémon in Group A: Legendary Pokémon not in Group S.
Examples of Pokémon in Group B: Stage 2 Pokémon like Charizard, Dragonite, Mamoswine. Also, Stage 1 evolutions of rarer Pokémon, such as Metang.
Examples of Pokémon in Group C: Stage 1 evolutions such as Staravia, and rarer basic and baby Pokémon such as Gible, Munchlax and Starter Pokémon.
Examples of Pokémon in Group D: Basic and Baby Pokémon not in Group C.

Also, to add onto that, they should allow to view the entire status screens of a Pokémon that's been offered for trade.

I'd say make it so you don't have to have WEP security on your modem just to use it. Most people I know who have the games can't use the wifi because of that (then again, that might be something they can't change. I don't know :p)

Back
Top Bottom