• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Ash have a Kanto team?

I don't think that Ash will get either. I think that Ash's team will most likely be Original 151 only.

They're the most recent starters. They have to be on someone's team for marketing purposes.

I’ve honestly learned to stop listening to word of God when it literally contradicts the very series they try to make statements for. Unless they’re willing to give supplemental details that explain away their plot hole, as far as I’m concerned, they’re not only insulting the intelligence of the viewer but covering their asses as well.

Sorry to interrupt but I think Mr. Mime being Ash’s all of a sudden is a case where Death to the Author can be applied (a lot like how people view anything JK Rowling wrote after the original seven Harry Potter books as non canon, especially on Twitter)

Carry on

Remember, my point is not if this makes sense or has been properly worked.

I was discussing if Mr. Mime will be a permanente member in Ash's team.

Considering they have described Mr. Mime as Ash's Pokemon in twitter (and Mr. Mime is a recurrent member of the cast), it is extremely likely that Mr. Mime will be a full-time Pokemon for Ash in this season at least.

They're the most recent starters. They have to be on someone's team for marketing purposes.

I'm not so sure. Maybe they promote them as they promoted other Pokemon in some visits to Galar

Grookey and Sobble are too heavily featured in anime-related material not to join the main cast.

Either one would stick out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of Ash's team. The time for a standard Galar team has come and gone.

Catching one new Kanto Pokemon doesn't mean Ash's whole team is going to be Kanto.

I don't know if they would have starters only be shown with COTDs.

Well, there is a Galar starter in the main cast as a pretty important member.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if the other two are just COTDs.

After all, in the anime, it isn't so weird that one starter receive a lot of focus, while other two starters are more relegated.

Besides, Grookey and Sobble are too heavily featured in anime-related material not to join the main cast.
I'm not so sure if Grookey and Sobble in anime-related material mean something about their roles in the anime. After all, it may be just because the games have come out recently.

So far, the opening and posters of anime have promoted all of the starters (sans Scorbunny) equally.

Last edited:
Remember, my point is not if this makes sense or has been properly worked.

I was discussing if Mr. Mime will be a permanente member in Ash's team.

Considering they have described Mr. Mime as Ash's Pokemon in twitter (and Mr. Mime is a recurrent member of the cast), it is extremely likely that Mr. Mime will be a full-time Pokemon for Ash in this season at least.
Only thing there is that in a previous image that lists it as one of Ash’s Pokémon also included Pokémon that he only temporarily owned so at that point, they have shown themselves to not be a reliable source and as such, unless substantiated with either consistent future use or actually showing the capture, I don’t find their word on the matter to be as iron clad as others do.

Either one would stick out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of Ash's team. The time for a standard Galar team has come and gone.
So ash has kept many Pokémon that stood out of his team like rowlet, gible, Glalie, muk, hawlucha, etc.

I don't think that Ash will get either. I think that Ash's team will most likely be Original 151 only.

I hope not because that would be incredibly boring. I like the first generation as much as the next person, despite being overhyped at this point, but they don't have to limit Ash's team to just the first generation.

It's not like that Ash hasn't gotten Pokemon that stick out on his teams before. He tends to usually get at least one or two unexpected choices for team members every series. Giving him Grookey and/or Sobble would not be that strange, especially when he normally gets at least one of the new starters. He most likely won't get a more standard Galar team as you put it, but I don't think it's impossible for them to get any Galar Pokemon, especially when we're so early into the series. It took ten episodes before Ash even caught a new Pokemon.

Well, they'll most likely be going to Gou.

That's possible, but I'm not sure. They've been focused more on Gou and Scorbunny marketing wise, so I don't know if they'd want to give him the rest of the starters.

Well, there is a Galar starter in the main cast as a pretty important member.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if the other two are just COTDs.

After all, in the anime, it isn't so weird that one starter receive a lot of focus, while other two starters are more relegated.

I highly doubt that they'll put the other starters with COTDs. They've always had the new starters within the main cast either all being owned by Ash or divided among all of the characters. They'll most likely give Ash at least one of the remaining two Galar starters.

Only thing there is that in a previous image that lists it as one of Ash’s Pokémon also included Pokémon that he only temporarily owned so at that point, they have shown themselves to not be a reliable source and as such, unless substantiated with either consistent future use or actually showing the capture, I don’t find their word on the matter to be as iron clad as others do.

In this official twitter, they mention Mr. Mime is Ash's Pokemon.

The funny thing is that it is mentioned as if this were a general knowledge, since the text focuses on something else.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/anipoke_PR/status/1213701662960803841?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1213701662960803841&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html%231213701662960803841

By giving him Dragonite, they've broken the trend of him only obtaining new-region Pokemon (aside from Aipom). Anything can happen now, which, in a way, makes the potential all the more exciting. Now Pokemon he may have missed out on before, that you wanted him to have, can be a possibility, Kantonian or not.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom