• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will HG/SS be a bust?

Will HG/SS be a bust

• Yes

Votes: 22 9.4%
  • No

Votes: 211 90.6%

• Total voters
I think the question is whether or not it will be a bust here, but we already know from past sales records it will not. FR/LG were considerably less necessary than HG/SS because their original counterparts' internal batteries drained slower, but everyone I met and their mom had one or both of those games. Seriously, in my neighborhood alone, when word got around I was going to one of the events to get new Pokemon, everyone asked me to take their carts... I had to carry them all in a box! And that game didn't even come with a Pokewalker...

I think the question is whether or not it will be a bust here, but we already know from past sales records it will not. FR/LG were considerably less necessary than HG/SS because their original counterparts' internal batteries drained slower, but everyone I met and their mom had one or both of those games. Seriously, in my neighborhood alone, when word got around I was going to one of the events to get new Pokemon, everyone asked me to take their carts... I had to carry them all in a box! And that game didn't even come with a Pokewalker...

lol it was the Pokewalker that finally convinced me to preorder it

I think that's the reason many preordered it and will buy it. Pokemon: Pikachu and Pokemon: Pikachu 2 sold incredibly well, the latter selling better because it was interactive with Gold and Silver. When I purchased Pikachu 2, it cost me 30 USD... so assuming that the new features and overall improvements don't make the Pokewalker, the spiritual sequel, worth 5 dollars more, you're getting a 5 dollar remake of Gold or Silver. Seriously, think about that for a second... pricewise you're essentially getting the GAME as the free gift when you buy the Pokewalker! The whole setup is genius and the retro fans who can't find, sold or had the battery drained from their GSC games will grab it up immediately to play through it again for nostalgia's sake/have a playable version again, and the other half or so of the fans have never played GSC in the first place (the best Gen IMO) and will be essentially purchasing a new Gen entirely. There is no way that it could fail.

I think that's the reason many preordered it and will buy it. Pokemon: Pikachu and Pokemon: Pikachu 2 sold incredibly well, the latter selling better because it was interactive with Gold and Silver. When I purchased Pikachu 2, it cost me 30 USD... so assuming that the new features and overall improvements don't make the Pokewalker, the spiritual sequel, worth 5 dollars more, you're getting a 5 dollar remake of Gold or Silver. Seriously, think about that for a second... pricewise you're essentially getting the GAME as the free gift when you buy the Pokewalker! The whole setup is genius and the retro fans who can't find, sold or had the battery drained from their GSC games will grab it up immediately to play through it again for nostalgia's sake/have a playable version again, and the other half or so of the fans have never played GSC in the first place (the best Gen IMO) and will be essentially purchasing a new Gen entirely. There is no way that it could fail.

lol maybe, but I still will see myself as buying the game that comes with a figure and a tamogotchi

idk i don't think even the worst of the pokemon series were bad games, and i wouldn't even know which gen to call the worst so i think turn out just fine

Considering its already out, this topic is pretty pointless :/

The only surprise would be if the North American HgSs also had gambling removed.

I'm pretty sure it does have it removed. I'm still getting it.
Anyway, everything becomes unpopular a while after it's release, but the time between the release and the point in time when they become unpopular is probably pretty big and unpredictable.

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom