• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will Pokemon Legends Arceus get DLC?

Will Legends Arceus get DLC?

• Yes

Votes: 30 71.4%
  • No

Votes: 12 28.6%

• Total voters
I can't express in words how much I hate DLC's. I feel like cErtAin game developers have completely ruined some games with how much they shove it down our throats. I say no to DLC's, either give us the entire game for the full price or don't release your game until it's ready.

I can't express in words how much I hate DLC's. I feel like cErtAin game developers have completely ruined some games with how much they shove it down our throats. I say no to DLC's, either give us the entire game for the full price or don't release your game until it's ready.
DLC is not inherently a toxic concept. i see no problen with devs making additional content after the game is done and then selling it to us. it's only a problem if the DLC stuff is stuff that should have been in the base game. i will never buy a game that has DLC available from day 1.

idk about that. third versions can fix story and pacing issues in the original games. just look at how platinum made gen 4 playable. no amount of DLC is going to fix fundamental flaws in the main game, whereas a third version can do that. of course, this is coming from a person who can easily afford to buy as many games as i want.

To be honest, I can expect a few more updates to add in new content for free between now and the release of SV, like with Animal Crossing: New Horizons. That only had one paid expansion, which came 20 months after the main game's release and was announced one month beforehand.

At least last weekend's Presents even announced actual new content for PLA. Asides Oak's Letter, BDSP got nothing, not even news on when (or whether) the GWT will open.

I don't think that people would be asking for DLC if they thought that the game was complete, so the apparent lack of DLC isn't much of an accomplishment.

I don't think that people would be asking for DLC if they thought that the game was complete, so the apparent lack of DLC isn't much of an accomplishment.
people ask for DLC because they like the game and want more content to enjoy, not because the content we got was bad or incomplete

idk about that. third versions can fix story and pacing issues in the original games. just look at how platinum made gen 4 playable. no amount of DLC is going to fix fundamental flaws in the main game, whereas a third version can do that. of course, this is coming from a person who can easily afford to buy as many games as i want.
Yeah... that's why I'm against third versions. Not everyone has money for that. That, and you feel ripped off when you get Blue, Silver, Sapphire and Pearl only to get later third versions...

I thin the announcement of Scarlet and Violet pretty much killed any chance for DLC for this game. Because most people are going to be looking forward to the new generation much more than potential DLC for an existing game. Sure, some might be excited about the prospect of DLC for PLA, but i doubt that's more people than the amount that are excited for Scarlet and Violet.

If Scarlet and Violet came out next year, maybe then PLA could have had DLC.

A transfer? There's Home and a gift Pokemon per save file is likely.

Since the last update was called Daybreak, it would only be fitting if there were another one. But that isn't equivalent to DLC.

"Professor Laventon told me how you fell to this land from the sky. For my part, I simply found myself one day here in Hisui, a region whose name I'd never heard... All I could remember was my own name. I was still standing there in bafflement when the Pearl Clan came to my aid. I showed a natural affinity for taming Pokémon, which is why I eventually became a warden." -Ingo

I want DLC but it’s not looking hopeful which is sad, we could’ve had the Sinjoh Ruins, Almia, the Cresselia/Darkrai islands, or the Battle Area. Some of these locations even have clouds obscuring them on the game’s map, the same way some of the game’s areas do until you unlock them, which seemingly hints at DLC, but yeah, with SV coming so soon, I doubt LA DLC is their focus now, which is unfortunate. I would not have minded SV being late 2023 releases so they’d have more time to develop that game and tinker with DLC for LA.
I dont think so….. black and white remakes are next so will there still be 2 subway masters or….. just 1? The question remains unanswered.
Actually Johto remakes are next if we’re staying in order of release. The same way they did LGPE after ORAS, because FRLG came after RS. Logically, Johto remakes are next since we just got Sinnoh remakes, and HGSS came after DPPl.

Please note: The thread is from 6 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom