• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Will they tone down the difficulty to match XY?

NO CUSTOMIZATION BECAUSE IT'S A KALOS THING! >> Put Mega Evolution, a Kalos thing, in Hoenn.
And they added cosplay Pikachu

Update: Hey remember that Lapras doll in GSC and how it was almost impossible to obtain?

There's one in your room at the start of ORAS

Last edited:
So it's starting to look like the teams are even more watered down than what was in the demo data. These games are definitely not going to very difficult then. It's a shame Masuda feels the games should be easier.

The leaker has beaten the fifth gym but has not seen Numel or Voltorb. Wattson in the original (and in Emerald) used a Voltorb but apparently does not anymore. The same goes for Flannery and Numel. It also looks like the Magma Grunts in Slateport no longer use Numel either.

0ceCskc.jpg
Well, you are wrong. A youtuber i'm subscribed to is doing a LP of the game and so far the Gym Leaders have the same teams from the demo data (He's at Wattson and he had a Voltorb). So, it's most likely the rest of Gym Leaders rosters and E4 and Champion rosters are the same as the ones in the demo data.

Edit: According to Serebii, the Gym Leaders rosters are the same as the demo data which i'm perfectly fine with. It also means the E4 and Champion have the same rosters as the demo data which means higher levels than the R/S.

Last edited:
Still really annoyed they didn't use the Emerald gym teams. Especially Wattson's Manetric.

Still really annoyed they didn't use the Emerald gym teams. Especially Wattson's Manetric.

And Tate/Liza's Xatu and Claydol, it still baffles me that they only use two Pokémon that far into the game.

And Tate/Liza's Xatu and Claydol, it still baffles me that they only use two Pokémon that far into the game.

If it makes you feel any better, those two Pokemon almost swept through my team, which had, up until that Gym, been slightly overleveled throughout my playthrough. Though I would have surely lost had they had any more Pokemon, I can't say I wouldn't have liked that extra challenge.

Having just beaten the game, I'm satisfied with the difficulty. Sure, as I just said, I was a bit overleveled throughout a good portion of the game, it was more because of how my team was, more so than the game being easy. By the time I got to Tate and Liza, the level jump was real and I'm more than pleased at the fact that the later Gyms and Elite Four Members didn't have the 3 or 4 Pokemon maximum BS. I was underleveled the entire Elite Four (10 levels under Steven's Metagross) and, though I did beat it in one sitting, my Pokemon fainted repeatedly and I nearly lost. And I loved it. It was a challenge for me and that was all I really wanted out of this game concerning that.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom