• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Wish Cave

FabuVinny

May the Aura be with you.
Reaction score
I'm getting back to Mystery Dungeon and I want to rescue Medicham from Wish Cave. However, when I tried before I only succeeded in getting completely owned.

Does anyone have any advice? What Pokémon to use, etc.

From my experience, unevolved starters are really good for Level 1 dungeons, since they level up fast and learn new skills quickly. I found my Treecko partner to be the most-useful in Wish Cave due to his learning skills like Absorb and the two Drains, which are moves that can really help out in a pinch~

And when you start out, makes sure to kill things with actual moves, so that you can get more EXP and get away from level 1 as soon as possible. :x Spend a little time on every floor doing some 'training' to keep your level up, and it should be fairly easy all-around.

I think you can switch leaders in Wish Cave, correct? So hunger shouldn't be a problem; if one person gets too hungry and you don't have access to an Apple, just switch to another character and hope you find some food on the next floor, hahah. But "bottom-feeding" is still encouraged (i.e: eating whatever you find on the ground, even if it gives you a negative status effect). :x

Medicham is only about twenty floors down, so you don't have to worry about going in there for the 99-floor "long haul". 8D

I agree with the above post. Also, since you can carry items into Wish Cave, try some Gravelerocks. That 20 damage is an instant KO through at least the first 10 floors. Charizard is recommended against monster houses, too, since it has Heat Wave at Level 1.

But Charizard, as with most other final-evos, levels up bone-achingly slow, so you're better off using maybe a starter or baby pokemon. Trust me, I did the whole "train on every floow thing" with charizard, and got absolutely smashed by Jirachi anyway. Charizard made it to level 16 by floor 99. But my main point of advice would be not to take a grass starter, considering Jirachi is part steel.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom