• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

World Tournament Junior Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still crying... I just can't stop... IRIS! <3

*Tries to calm down*

So, yah. I guess there's a big chance for Iris to win now, and face Alder. I'd say that it's either between her or Trip. I'll be perfectly fine either way.

IIIIIRRRRIIIIIIISSSSS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
Edit: Second time I failed with the spoiler tag, that's just how excited I am right now.

I can't see them having Iris win two tournaments in the show. Sorry but I think Trip will win to restablish him as a strong rival since he's been failing everything else lately.

I can't see them having Iris win two tournaments in the show. Sorry but I think Trip will win to restablish him as a strong rival since he's been failing everything else lately.

Winning the first tournament could have been a possible set up to establish her to be a strong trainer to make more sense for her to win this one.

EEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

I'm still crying... I just can't stop... IIIRIIIIS! <3

*Tries to calm down*

So, yah. I guess there's a big chance for Iris to win now, and face Alder. I'd say that it's either between her or Trip. I'll be perfectly fine either way.

IIIIIRIIIIIIISSSSS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!
I don't hope this B2W2 Spoiler Cause Ash to lose the Junior Cup !
I don't care Iris is the New champion in game ! In Anime She just a traveling companion ! She already got Don Tournament So Junior Cup belong to Ash !
Ash beat Koga even after he reveal to be a E4 in Future , Isn't he !
This Anime is about how Ash become a Champion , Not Iris !
She may be the champion in 2 year in future but at this moment Writer should focus on her & Draydan !
Plus , Iris's goal is to be a Dragon Master , Not champion !
So , Writer should focus on change Iris's mind in Junior Cup !
For Example
-Iris reach the Semi-final and Face Draydan
-She & Draydan have a Heart worming fierce Battle but She lose's !
-Then she see Ash beating then trainer she couldn't beat . Then Ash manage to get Alder serious !
-It change's something on Iris heart !
-Then she come to league Conference and watch other trainer battling
-Seeing the League Battle , Iris realize that there something she want to be more then a Dragon Master.
-She & Ash have a 3 on 3 battle in Dragon village ! There Snivy take down Emolga , Excadrill take down Snivy but get beaten by Pikachu , pikachu get beaten by Fraxure , Scrafty face Fraxure and The match end in a Draw
-Iris decide to become Apprentice to become a better trainer in order to be a Champion !
Perfect ending !
I'm So scare ! Knowing writer , They might give this Tournament to Iris even after she got Don Tournament .
No , No , No , No , If Writer wanna show Iris's potential as champion then find some other way but Keep Ash & His Junior Cup out of it !

Last edited:
Her Axew just now learned another bullshit overpowered move it has no business learning at its stage just before this tournament.

Whether she wins the whole thing or not, someone is going to get unrighteously screwed out of the running because of this. Because I can't see her falling out of the first round now; not after what happened this week. It sure is weird that Iris gets a new trump card for the tournament just as it's revealed that her game counterpart is the champion for the sequel games, though. It's like horrible, horrible foreshadowing.

Unless she's facing Trip in the first round, I'm gonna feel sorry for whoever she's pitted up against. I can smell the DEM from here.

*Tries to calm down*

I don't care Iris is the New champion in game ! In Anime She just a traveling companion ! She already got Don Tournament So Junior Cup belong to Ash !
She may be the champion in 2 year in future but at this moment Writer should focus on her & Draydan !
For Example
-Then she see Ash beating then trainer she couldn't beat . Then Ash manage to get Alder serious !
-Seeing the League Battle , Iris realize that there something she want to be more then a Dragon Master.
-She & Ash have a 3 on 3 battle in Dragon village ! There Snivy take down Emolga , Excadrill take down Snivy but get beaten by Pikachu , pikachu get beaten by Fraxure , Scrafty face Fraxure and The match end in a Draw
-Iris decide to become Apprentice to become a better trainer in order to be a Champion !
Perfect ending !
I'm So scare ! Knowing writer , They might give this Tournament to Iris even after she got Don Tournament .
No , No , No , No , If Writer wanna show Iris's potential as champion then find some other way but Keep Ash & His Junior Cup out of it !

Relax. I doubt Ash would win either way, Trip will probably stand as the winner in the end.

Oh, and Brock wanted to become the best breeder in the world, but instead he became a doctor. So, with that I guess it's possible for Iris to change goal too, that's quite common IRL too, y'know.

I don't think that the B2W2 change for Iris will carry over to the anime, that I found quite unlikely. But we'll see.

I think Iris will still be dumped out fairly early - Dawn is likely to get a big win somewhere to justify her entry/travel, Trip needs the boost for his storyline, Stephan for consistency's sake should do well again, though winning would be too much, Bianca has ongoing improvements in her battle ability, and you wouldn't bring Cynthia back with all the Sinnoh baggage that brings to have Ash fail on the big stage.

For all the other characters that need wins, they just can't let Iris do well here. A good way of bringing it up is simply that she can't surprise people while only owning 3 Pokemon. If these battles are more than one on one (this is really a Don George re-run if they keep that crap up), after one round she's used all her tricks, and I'm sure Trip can sell the other trainers the photos to prove it.

If these battles are more than one on one (this is really a Don George re-run if they keep that crap up), after one round she's used all her tricks, and I'm sure Trip can sell the other trainers the photos to prove it.

I want to see this happen. So hard. It might actually make Trip interesting!

If these battles are more than one on one (this is really a Don George re-run if they keep that crap up), after one round she's used all her tricks, and I'm sure Trip can sell the other trainers the photos to prove it.

I want to see this happen. So hard. It might actually make Trip interesting!

Trip's already interesting. The only thing that guy will be taking photos of is Cynthia.

so he'll have more to masturbate to

*Tries to calm down*

For Example
Perfect ending !

Relax. I doubt Ash would win either way, Trip will probably stand as the winner in the end.

Oh, and Brock wanted to become the best breeder in the world, but instead he became a doctor. So, with that I guess it's possible for Iris to change goal too, that's quite common IRL too, y'know.

I don't think that the B2W2 change for Iris will carry over to the anime, that I found quite unlikely. But we'll see.
That even Worst !
Why that disrespectful brat has to win this when Ash haven't won a Major individual tournament !
Trip promise to Alder has 0 value !
And As a Inexperience Rival who following the Wrong Path , Trip doesn't deserve to a Main Superior rival So there no need to waste Junior Cup on him to make him more threatening !
Trip is a Rival who should be beaten by Ash as soon as possible !
The reason ''Best Wish'' getting less rating because Writer delaying it because he want Ash to have a big Showdown with Trip in League !
Those old idiot killing their own show in their obsession over Trip !
Ash is the main character So it would make much more sense if he win Junior cup and have a official battle with Alder !
After all, Ash has less chance of Winning Unova League and Officially face Alder in champion League So why don't they just give Ash the Junior Cup !
Iris has even less reason to win this Since She gonna Officially face Alder and take his title in 2 year !
If Writer doesn't start to treat Ash more like a Real Main character , Pokemon TV Rating will never rise !
Forget about Trip's reestablishment !

After all the EMBARRASSMENT Ash gone though in Season 1 , He need to Win the Junior Cup to reestablish himself for the Unova League !
I Mean
-Ash's Reestablishment
-Trip's Reestablishment
Make your choice !

*Tries to calm down*

For Example
Perfect ending !

That even Worst !
Why that disrespectful brat has to win this when Ash haven't won a Major individual tournament !
Trip promise to Alder has 0 value !
And As a Inexperience Rival who following the Wrong Path , Trip doesn't deserve to a Main Superior rival So there no need to waste Junior Cup on him to make him more threatening !

Dude, I'm not the one who decides. Trip is the main rival, like it or not, and you can argue how much you want in saying that he isn't, it still won't change the fact that he is, and that he'll continue to take up that role until probably the BW series' end. And thus, they obviously want to establish him as this strong and undefeatable rival who Ash isn't going to beat until the league, and it doesn't matter if you don't think it's a wise thing to do or if you don't like it, they'll still do it.
The reason ''Best Wish'' getting less rating because Writer delaying it because he want Ash to have a big Showdown with Trip in League ! Those old idiot killing their own show in their obsession over Trip !

Trust me, the Best Wishes! series is not getting less ratings because of the fact that Ash has been showcased to be inferior to Trip, that's definitely not it. If you want to find out the reason to why it's getting lower ratings you should definitely visit the topic's own thread and read there, and then maybe it'd become more clear to you. To think that the children in Japan are watching it less becuase of Trip being so much more powerful than Ash is ridicolous.
Oh, and what obesession? He's a rival, and they're only treating him like one just like in the other previous sagas (although Paul got a way more better development).
Ash is the main character So it would make much more sense if he win Junior cup and have a official battle with Alder !
After all, Ash has less chance of Winning Unova League and Officially face Alder in champion League So why don't they just give Ash the Junior Cup !
Iris has even less reason to win this Since She gonna Officially face Alder and take his title in 2 year !

But we don't know, now do we? Ash might win, he might not, we really have no idea, but the fact that they're making him lose this many tournamnets make me think that they're having something in store for him later on, like winning the league. It is possible, even though I don't see it happening.
And I'm not at all fond of the idea with Trip winning, but what can you do about it? As he has been on quite a losing streak it's just natural for the writers to want to reestablish him as a mighty rival. Sure, it maybe could've been done in lots of other ways, but it is they whom decide.

As for Iris; it is possibile for her to win, but I don't see it happening either. Even if she would win the tournament there's no way that she'd beat Alder and become champion. So, no. I don't see her winning. I just can't find a good reason for it.

Forget about Trip's reestablishment !

After all the EMBARRASSMENT Ash gone though in Season 1 , He need to Win the Junior Cup to reestablish himself for the Unova League !
I Mean
-Ash's Reestablishment
-Trip's Reestablishment
Make your choice !

Ash's reestablishment? I already consider him to be strong, actually. Sure, I wouldn't mind him winning, but I really don't think that would ''reestablish his character'' and making him look superior. He'll still be the same BW Ash.

Last edited:
I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point if Iris did win it. There also isn't much a difference at all between her appearance in BW2, and her appearance in the original BW aside from a different hairstyle/outfit thats altered.

Really makes me wonder if the writers had prior knowledge of this, and that explains Iris's ... development in Best Wishes. It almost seems that way. I like her game counterpart, but the development for both versions feels rushed.

Judging by the opening, this seems to be a one-pokemon only competition, which is disappointing.

At least we know that Bianca and Stephan will also participate, albeit using the same pokemon that they used during the Clubsplosion.

The rivals could appear for the same reason past rivals appeared in openings, not neccessarily for this tournament
Also, I think they were just shown with their "main" Poké, it doesn't mean they won't use others

So some questions-speculations!?

1. Did they mentioned today the WTJC and Dawn at all?
2.Was it confirmed that the WtJC will be held in Undella?
3. If it will be held in Driftveil it's obvious that the 4 gang will travel to Driftveil. Going through Black city-whiteforest?
4. They now announced Alder grandson appears in the games-possible WTJC rival!?

I hope to god this isn't a one pokemon competition. That means Dawn will use Piplup in all her battles, exactly what I was afraid of.

I don't like the idea of another one-Pokémon tournament either, but if it is, I'd want Dawn to use Togekiss, Ash to use Snivy and Bianca to use Escavalier. I wouldn't mind seeing Trip with his Frillish.

I can't believe Bianca and Stephan are using the same Pokémon as before...

Last edited:
If its a one ep tournament you can bet it will be Piplup.

Dear @Chiplet , when was Trip said to be Ash's main rival !
Noone said that ! Official site didn't say it ether .
It something fan's made up since he made his appearance first !
Plus ,Main rival doesn't mean a same Aged rival who remain superior then the Main character until a final showdown !
A main Rival mean A trainer who has a fierce Rivalry with the Main character !

Superiority or Inferiority has nothing to do with it !
Like Hmm, Volker and Flint when they were little !
There are a lot Anime like Yugioh , Prince of Tennis , Air Gear and Intail D which doesn't have a main Same aged superior rival like Paul but They are popular and has hundred time better competition !
And Writer are obsessed with Trip !
Because Trip is a inexperienced trainer who's following the wrong Path .
Making Him superior then Ash who's experienced & following the right path is unfair and nothing more then pure Obsession !
Plus ,Its Trip's poor Connecdurr is in a Losing streak , Not Trip !
Ash had to go though So much trail and learn thing from experience trainer to be Strong While Trip reaching Paul's level just in 3 month just because he Ash's main rival is BULLSHIT ! he doesn't need to do anything else !
Writer can't just pick anyone as main Superior rival ! They need that Rival to be wealthy of it !
If Writer forcefully does something like that then it kill the Anime !
Have you read the ''Unova League'' Thread !
Then You saw how many people doesn't think Ash to be strong enough to win Unova League !
They even Consider DP Ash & BW Ash as 2 different person !
Why ???? Because of his Screw up in Season 1 !
I mean lets face it , Even I think that It will be Unrealistic for Current Ash to Win Unova league !
Ash was much better in DP but he couldn't win sinnoh league but Ash is in worst shape in Unova and this time he's winning the league!
How can Ash win something like that if it take a whole year for him to beat a Inexperience Trainer who also following wrong path .
That's Why Ash need to win The Junior Cup ! To reestablish himself and ensure us that he has enough Skill to win Unova League !
You along convince but not everybody else !
I mean , What gonna happen if Trip beat Ash in Junior Cup !
He gonna Ash INSULT home region again ! You gonna like that aren't you !
Then he will have Honorable defect in the league and leave with his head held high !
Ya , Some ending !
Now listen my version
Ash beat Trip in Junior Cup and set him in right path ! Trip start to respect Ash & look up to him but doesn't show it !
Ash win The Junior Cup by Facing in Draydan Final and beat him with Krookdile !
Then He face Alder with Tauros and deliver a massive blow which surprise everyone but get beaten !
Then He meet the Season 2 rival who challenge Ash as the Junior cup Champion & nearly beaten him but the battle get interrupted !
Then Ash meet him again in League ! That Rival beat Trip and face Ash in Semifinal where Ash beat him !
Now that's Appropriate ending !
This Anime is About how Ash become a Pokemon Master ! Iris winning Junior Cup for B2W2 Spoiler and Trip winning it to make him look threatening When he suit much better as Ash Friend is nothing more then a meaningless plot !
For the Story Plot sake , Ash need to Win junior Cup And Face Alder officially !

Last edited:
And here I was feeling so tired, uuuh...
Oh well, here we go again.

Dear @Chiplet , when was Trip said to be Ash's main rival !
Noone said that ! Official site didn't say it ether .
It something fan's made up since he made his appearance first !
A main Rival mean A trainer who has a fierce Rivalry with the Main character ![/B]
Superiority or Inferiority has nothing to do with it !

You might be right, none said that directly, but did writers directly say that Paul was the main rival then? (Maybe they did, I dunno, but I don't think so, but let's just say that they didn't.) No, they didn't, because it was clearly obvious, just as it is with Trip. Obviously he is for several reasons;
- He's the first rival Ash encountered in the saga
- He's the one Ash has fought the most
- He's the only rival that Ash actually has lost too
- He's the rival that has received the kind of focus of being that surperior rival which Ash won't beat until the very end, as he hasn't been able to beat him once yet (tie at best)
- He's been having that snorky attitude which the previous main rivals (Paul, Gary) also have had, not thinking that Ash is training in the ''correct'' way, thinking he's being rather naive etc.

What more proof do you need?

It's true that Bianca has received more focus screen-time wise, but she has only battled against Ash once (twice with the tag battle), which she lost. She's been showcased more as a friend than a rival, just like her game counter-part, and Kenyan is definitely not main rival.

It's true that the rivalry between Trip and Ash is bland, and not really ''fierce'' at all. It's more like Trip insulting Ash, Ash gets mad and then does nothing, then they just have normal conversation. It's still a rivalry, wheter you like it or not.

Like Hmm, Volker and Flint when they were little !
There are a lot Anime like Yugioh , Prince of Tennis , Air Gear and Intail D which doesn't have a main Same aged superior rival like Paul but They are popular and has hundred time better competition !

What does age have to do with anything? I never mentioned that. And since I don't even watch those animes I can't really judge, but comparing Pokémon to those are just unreasonable, as this is a whole other anime with some completely other writers.

And Writer are obsessed with Trip !
Because Trip is a inexperienced trainer who's following the wrong Path .
Making Him superior then Ash who's experienced & following the right path is unfair and nothing more then pure Obsession !
Plus ,Its Trip's poor Connecdurr is in a Losing streak , Not Trip !

Obsessed?
So, just because Trip is following the wrong path and that he been displayed to be better than Ash the writers are obsessed with him? Really, I don't know what you've got that from. They are definitely not, they just wanted to put in a new rival for Ash that was suppose to match Paul and Ash's rivalry in DP (which they failed with), and their way to display a strong rival is by having him defeat the main protagonist. That makes him seem like he's strong, and that's pretty much the only way for them to display him as strong.
And the reason to why them have him there in the first place is for Ash to do his best to surpass him, so that the audience will be like ''woah, Ash has really gotten far through this series'' when he's finally beaten.

Ash had to go though So much trail and learn thing from experience trainer to be Strong While Trip reaching Paul's level just in 3 month just because he Ash's main rival is BULLSHIT ! he doesn't need to do anything else !

Uhm, okay? I don't really see what you want to get with this, and I'm not sure that I completely understand this sentence. Would you mind saying what you meant with that?
I mean, that's just the kind of treatment a main rival would naturally receive, so I don't see what's so strange about it.

Have you read the ''Unova League'' Thread !
Then You saw how many people doesn't think Ash to be strong enough to win Unova League !
They even Consider DP Ash & BW Ash as 2 different person !
Why ???? Because of his Screw up in Season 1 !

That has nothing to do with how many battles Ash has won or not, it's all about the way Ash trained and used more strategical ways to battle in DP. I've seen how you pretty much want Ash to win every single battle he's in, but that's not problem. The problem is that he's not acting the same way he used to, he's not as ''mature'' as he was in DP.

There's a clear difference between the Ash in BW and the Ash in DP, because in DP Ash's victories felt more justified due to his many hours spent on training all of his Pokémon and his more strategical thinking when battling, taking advantage of the Pokémon's unique abilites as well as the battlefield. In BW, he's a bit more straight-on, going all offensive in pretty much every battle, and only a couple of times actually showing that he's thinking things through and thinking strategical, like he did in the battle with Homika.

So, you see, the problem isn't that Ash loses lots of battles, the problem is that it's almost like he has forgotten about all the experience he has went through during the previous season, and now started over as a whole new character.

Ash was much better in DP but he couldn't win sinnoh league but Ash is in worst shape in Unova and this time he's winning the league!
How can Ash win something like that if it take a whole year for him to beat a Inexperience Trainer who also following wrong path .

Will you let go of Trip being inexperienced? He's clearly not.
Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not a fan of Trip, but even I can see that's he's far from being inexperienced. The second battle he had with Ash showcased the fact that he had grown a lot rather quickly, as he cleverly boosted Tranquill's Att. and Speed by using Work Up, and then making Ash hard to land a hit with Double Team, and then also taking advantage of Tranquill's Super Luck by attacking a lot with Aerial Ace. Not to mention Frillish and Snivy, where Trip actually used Water Pulse to confuse Snivy only to go for that move (can't remember its name) which had much more affect on Snivy when it was confused.

He's not inexperienced, face it. And I don't really ''the wrong path'' he's going either.

That's Why Ash need to win The Junior Cup ! To reestablish himself and ensure us that he has enough Skill to win Unova League !

But he wouldn't re-establish himself as a strong trainer by winning it! Not as long as he goes back in his DP-self. Making him win the Junior Cup would be nice, yes, but it wouldn't re-establish him any strong trainer than he was before unless he returns into his DP-self, which people are longing for.

You along convince but not everybody else !

What?

I mean , What gonna happen if Trip beat Ash in Junior Cup !
He gonna Ash INSULT home region again ! You gonna like that aren't you !

He's once again going to be displayed as ''strong'', and he might insult Ash or not.
...What? Why would I like that? Hey, I'm just saying fact, I'm not saying that I like Trip or his way of acting. -_-

Now listen my version
Ash beat Trip in Junior Cup and set him in right path ! Trip start to respect Ash & look up to him but doesn't show it !
Ash win The Junior Cup by Facing in Draydan Final and beat him with Krookdile !
Then He face Alder with Tauros and deliver a massive blow which surprise everyone but get beaten !
Then He meet the Season 2 rival who challenge Ash as the Junior cup Champion & nearly beaten him but the battle get interrupted !
Then Ash meet him again in League ! That Rival beat Trip and face Ash in Semifinal where Ash beat him !
Now that's Appropriate ending !

You think? I certainly don't.

Trip's whole character and development (lol) would be all wasted if Ash first beat him here, and then only for him to be beaten by the new rival in the league. If Trip is put on the ''right path'' he shouldn't lose again, because that would only display him as a weak even though he follows the ''right path'', which would make him return to his way of training. We might as well throw his character in thrash can if that happens, for what will he have accomplished? Nothing. Nothing at all. He should at least be given one more chance to face Ash, and then let him win, showing that ''the right path'' actually made him stronger.

For the Story Plot sake , Ash need to Win junior Cup And Face Alder officially !

Yeah. Let's have Ash win the tournament and face Alder again. If we're lucky we could have the Pikachu Vs Bouffalant match-up again, and maybe Alder could fall asleep in the middle of the battle making Ash automatically win. Wiiiiih.

No, in all seriousness. I'd like for Ash to win, sure, but I'd prefer to see maybe Bianca win, as she's been starting to get some real development lately, and battle between her and Alder could actually be quite amusing. We don't need one more lackluster battle between Alder and Ash.

Dear @Chiplet , Is there any rule book that says that the first appeared Rival has to be the main rival ?
Is Pokemon is the only Sport Anime you ever watch ?
In Yugioh , Seto Keida lost to Atem but that doesn't make him a bad rival !
He was still a great Rival ever after getting beaten by Atem multiple time !
Yugioh GX, Jaden first encounter Chazz but he didn't need to superior then Jaden to become a Great Rival !
Other famous Anime series doesn't end with the Main character defecting his rival whom he met in first episode in a final showdown !
Truth is , The Main character face of another character who appear late in a series in final showdown
Just like I said ,The concept of Main rival in Pokemon is Fan made !
Nowhere it said that Trip is the main Rival !
He victory over Ash was nothing more then bullshit & Writer crazy obsession !
They thought ''No other anime will make a Rookie superior then the Main character So My plot will be unique !'' But good Plot doesn't need to be unique !
A good plot need to be Enjoyable !
And you saying it fair for Trip to get everything without working for it cause he's a rival !
What rulebook say that !
Main Rival's are human too ! They are not some heavenly being !
Ash is the Main character So its his job to show his Rival that right path when they taking a wrong Path !
Not Alder !
And What character development you saying !
What ever Trip had is not character Development ! So nothing is getting wasted !
Junior Cup is a perfect place where Writer can bring DP Ash back !
By making him use more unique tactic and Giving him justified Victory in Junior Cup Writer can convince Ash from DP is back !
Like bring Tauros to face Alder Bouffalant ! Taking a Critical hit from Bouffalant on purpose to activate its ''Anger Point'' ability and deliver a massive blow which cause everyone to stand up from the sit !
So you see , Junior Cup is the place where DP Ash can finally return and Do his stuff !
And About Bianca winning Junior Cup
Okay , So just give everything to other character expect Ash !
Dawn get wallace Cup , Iris get Don Tournament ,Steven get Donamite, Bianca/Trip gets Junior Cup, Random guy get Pokemon league and Ash get nothing
Ash just keep traveling and insulted by people like Trip multiple time ! Everything , every tournament goes to other Character , Ash should get nothing ! He is a main character who job is to be insulted & lose So other character can just step on him and shine ! .
Ash remain inferior to a Rookie & that Guy keep insulting home region because he's some great main rival !
So , Main rival can't be insulted but he can insult Ash !
He can Ash shameful defect but Ash can't !
And Writer should give Big Achievement like Junior Cup to him which People acknowledge and give Ash nothing more then embarrassment !
What a fair Universe !
Its tells how Writer inner self is like !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom