• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

World Tournament Junior Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think it might be preparation? This is of course speculation but I'm wondering if you've noticed any evidence over the saga to support it.

Personally I think its just a tournament to mirror the B2W2 games and nothing else.
Well , Ash really need to age into a 12 or 13 year old boy but they can't simply do it in next series without a TIME SKIP!
And Ash need to do something in those TIME SKIP! So I thought That Ash might become Alder apprentice just like Iris might be Drayden apprentice in Future !
Junior Cup just create a perfect opportunity for this !
Anyway
In Junior Cup is a Mirror to B2W2 game , Does it mean that Junior Cup will be a 3 on 3 Battle Tournament ????
Well , A 3 on 3 Battle Tournament is good but the problem is that It take a Whole episode for One ''3 on 3 Battle'' So how Junior Cup will show so many trainer's battle ???
Well , If Junior Cup has a Qualification round where Trainer's are divided in various Group Like A Group ,B group, C Group etc and a Trainer has to beat all other trainer of his Group in a ''1 or 1 Battle'' or ''Double Battle'' in order to move into the main event then we might get to see a ''3 or 3 Battle'' Tournament!
However , A lot referring character will be knock out before the Main event including Dawn , Cilan & Bianca!
If Drayden & Shizui are participating then they will move into the semi-final!
Which mean, Ash & Other Character will be reach the semi-final!
This other character might be ether Iris or Trip !
And also
There might be another reason for a Junior Cup beside making Trip threatening!
And That is for Ash to Battle both the Former & current 8Th Gym Leader of the Game in one Place!
Ash might just had a friendly battle with them outside but Its Much more Better idea for Ash to beat Two Strongest Unova Gym Leader in a Worldwide Tournament with Thousand people watching the battle!

Honestly, I'm still kinda surprised they are having such a big tournament right before the league.

Honestly, I'm still kinda surprised they are having such a big tournament right before the league.
Ya , me too !
I Think World Tournament Junior Cup should be a League-after saga!
Its really not a wise idea to put a major Tournament just before the Unova League !
At least Writer could have more fierce and detail battle in Junior Cup if it was a League-after Saga!
But now Writer has to RUSH THE BATTLE to end this Tournament !
Not to mention the fact that , This Tournament is DELAYING The Unova League !
That why , I don't want Unova League to be DELAYED For a Tournament about Trip's or Other Character's victory!
If Writer has to DELAY The Unova League then they should DELAY it for Something about Ash!

Last edited:
Well , Ash really need to age into a 12 or 13 year old boy but they can't simply do it in next series without a TIME SKIP!
If there was ever a reason to do that - you would not have started BW by reaffirming Ash's age. No one would have blinked to Ash being introduced without his age mentioned explicitly, 'A young trainer from Pallet Town' is the usual wording. Explicitly mentioning Ash being 10 to then engineer a time skip makes no sense.

Regardless, Ash doesn't have to age to achieve success. Indeed just about every time Ash has been at the highest level of competition, it has taken legendaries to beat him and the Battle Frontier shows that he can even manage that with enough preparation. Ash at his best as shown in the past can certainly get him a long way against just about anyone.

Alder doesn't have legendaries - he has a Bouffalant. And I think he can do well enough against him, though probably not with the Pokemon he has on hand. As I said in my last post, unless Ash is going to win the league, he should win the Junior Cup.
Side note - don't you think it's interesting that Ash's Primeape appears in the opening while Butterfree/Pidgeot don't, meanwhile the major climactic battle is against a person with a normal type as one of his main Pokemon? I'll call it now - if Ash battles Alder, he'll recall Primeape

Ash can and should beat absolutely everyone else in the Junior Cup. If Shizui and Drayden are actually participating, which I doubt as the Junior cup thing seems to imply that the other ones are just there for demonstration battles (but then Cilan would be participating as a Gym Leader too), perhaps that's where he might fall, but considering Ash lost against Homika (by fair battle rules), if he loses to Drayden in the Junior Cup then that's a critical blow to Ash's strength before a major tournament, losing to both '8th' Gym leaders would be a little bit too much to handle.

Ash battling and doing reasonably but not winning against Alder, would serve the point of really amplifying his rivalry with Trip before the League, which is the main reason to have Alder appear here at all - the chance for a battle against Caitlin as a member of the Elite Four would probably serve just as much of a draw for trainers in Unova to the tournament as Alder would. Though I'm sure with the way Alder was shown with Nurse Joy, his interactions with Cynthia will be great.

Another complicating matter is the supposed new rival, if they appear here, they need to do well enough to establish their rivalry. Which adds yet more dynamics to try and fit into the tournament.

Assuming the 3 months thing is about right (not to mention the fact there's at least a week off in the next month and probably two more to make up for the timeslots Pokemon is taking), there will be about seven episodes with which to: Show Cilan, Iris, Ash, Trip, Bianca, Stephane, *new rival* and Dawn's progress through the tournament, giving all of them a reasonable amount of screen time while still somehow having the battles be decent enough to make this not just another Don Battle, the battle between Cynthia and Caitlin, the battle between the winner and Alder, all the backstory associated with all of the characters and whatever development they get here, show off the league, travel halfway across Unova to get there, finish off Dawn's storyline to have her go back to Contests, have Ash train for the league and Team Rocket's "biggest ever" plot.

There's a ton of content there - and very little time to do it justice, which is why I think there will have to be very close focus on the main element here - Trip. This is the last chance to make his character worthwile as well as including every element of his storyline in the one place (the desire to be strong and a battle with Alder). Iris has to be the first one squeezed out (in the same way that Georgia and Burgundy already have been), this isn't the time or place to resolve her storyline with Drayden - Iris wanted to avoid meeting him, shown by how happy she was at not going to Opelucid. Likewise, there's no reason to have her do really well before a League she isn't entering.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Stephan out of the first round in this thing...that's only if Trip isn't on his usual gag, but I'm still hoping he will be. Either way, one of them HAS to go first to make this tournament a little bit more bearable for me.

Dawn battling anyone but Dent again sounds fine by me. I don't think Ash and Dawn ever had a legitimate 1 vs 1 and something tells me Dawn will battle both or at least either Iris or Bianca.

I'd actually hate to see Bianca loose early on so I do hope she makes the Top 4. I also keep forgetting that Drayden, Caitlin, Cynthia, Shuizi, and Alder will be here too.

With all of these people in this tournament and not to mention some possible COT'Ds, it should at least be 6 episodes. If not I smell some rushed, bull shit victories.

When there's a tournament, there will be COtDs.

I have a feeling this will take place over 3-4 episodes, like the Don ones. @_@

If there was ever a reason to do that - you would not have started BW by reaffirming Ash's age. No one would have blinked to Ash being introduced without his age mentioned explicitly, 'A young trainer from Pallet Town' is the usual wording. Explicitly mentioning Ash being 10 to then engineer a time skip makes no sense.
Where do I start-
1)Writer mention Ash's age in the Beginning because of Trip. You see , Writer think most Pokemon fan's to be Kids & STUPID!
So , They thought if they declare Ash as a 10 year old Kid at the beginning of Best Wish then People will accept Trip to be in the same level as Ash & Completely ignore the fact that Ash has 5 year more experience then Trip!
2) I didn't talk about Time-Skip for Ash Success ! I said that for avoid TIME-CONFUSING !
I realize that When I tried to think how long it take for Bianca to start her journey because I was a little dump about her being older then Ash! If I count her Age difference with Ash then its 3 year but Ash being traveling 5 year So Ash should be older then her even if she didn't start her journey when she turn 10! I mean , What was she doing when Ash was traveling to Kanto, Jotho, Hoenn & Sinnoh? I head start to hart when I think about it.
Plus TIME-SKIP might give Ash a much better personality .For example , Ash might become more Free-Spirit like Goku (Dragon Ball) Natsu (Fairy tail ) Luffy(One Piece) after his training with Alder.
Those Character are Strong , Innocent & Smart but They lack common sense's. May be Ash should be like that!
And Junior Cup is the perfect place because this is the Place where Ash not only just gonna battle in front of Alder but he also can officially battle Alder if he Wins So Its a Perfect Tournament where Alder become interested in making Ash his Apprentice!
As I said in my last post, unless Ash is going to win the league, he should win the Junior Cup.
I REALLY LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE ! GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!
I'm also believe that Ash should be the One winning the Junior Cup rather then Trip !
I mean , Who care about Trip's reestablishment???? Isn't it enough that he beaten Ash twice despite having less experience & wrong method of training!
Plus , If there any progression in Ash position at Unova League & Trip is the main Rival Then Trip will reach the TOP 4!
Even Gary never got that far but he was 100 time better rival then Trip ! Isn't This Enough SPECIAL TREATMENT for Trip????
Since he gonna reach The Position that Ash's other Rival such as Gary , Richie or Paul didn't reach in their FIRST LEAGUE CONFERENCE !
And its all because Trip was lucky enough to be Ash's main rival in the 5th Series!!!!
So , There no need for him get Junior cup in name of reestablishment Because Nobody Told Writer To Knock Trip In The 1st Round Of Other Tournament!
As far as I'm seeing , Ash haven't won any Major individual Tournament like this because everytime a tournament like this happen , Some other Character gets it .I'm So tired of seeing this ! It worst then Ash winning all the Tournament!
I can't watch some other trainer winning the Junior Cup & Battling Alder and then taking Trophy from Two Champion with Caitlin standing in the background while Ash watch's like a LOSER !!! Specially if that Trainer is ether Trip Or Iris !!!!
Side note - don't you think it's interesting that Ash's Primeape appears in the opening while Butterfree/Pidgeot don't, meanwhile the major climactic battle is against a person with a normal type as one of his main Pokemon? I'll call it now - if Ash battles Alder, he'll recall Primeape
I'm sorry to disappoint you but there is a huge difference between Primeape and Butterfree/Pidgeot!
You see ,Ash released Butterfree/Pidgeot but Ash send Primeape for Training like Charizard/Squirtle! So Primeape position is same as Charizard/Squirtle!
Plus , If Ash has to call upon a Pokemon from Prof oak's Lad to Fight Alder then the good choice would be Tauros!
Since a Battle between Alder's Bouffalant and Ash's Tauros would be nice !
Ox Vs Ox ! The Battle of OX !!!
Isn't that sound much more interesting!!!

Last edited:
Writer think most Pokemon fan's to be Kids & STUPID!
2) I didn't talk about Time-Skip for Ash Success ! I said that for avoid TIME-CONFUSING !
Plus TIME-SKIP might give Ash a much better personality
None of which has to do with Ash's age. There's nothing about Ash's chances of succeeding or his character that are changed by being older. Being confused by time is only because you bother trying to age characters - what we know with Bianca is that she spent some time at home since she got her starter and later went out into the world. That could have been a matter of months, or years, it doesn't matter to the overall story. What would matter is randomly cutting out the story and having the future suddenly appear. I want to see how Ash develops, you don't watch Pokemon for 15 years to then have a time skip just as it looks like Ash might win something big.

I do think maturity is an important point, and that Ash has been shown fairly consistently to act too quickly, which would hold him back in really big tournaments, but again, that doesn't need actual ageing to occur, with the exception of early BW, Ash has indeed gained maturity, especially when you compare him in Kanto to him in Sinnoh, all without directly expressing his age.

Indeed, these tournaments can be used to help that along, the pressure of strong competition can help his focus, which can be shown well on screen.

I REALLY LIKE YOUR ATTITUDE ! GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE!!!
I'm also believe that Ash should be the One winning the Junior Cup rather then Trip !
I mean , Who care about Trip's reestablishment???? Isn't it enough that he beaten Ash twice despite having less experience & wrong method of training!
Might be worth reading why I think that. In short - I think Ash needs to win in order to make Trip reconsider his path to success in how he trains Pokemon, and the importance of power. Having Ash, who Trip derides as not knowing the basics, battle against and do well against his hero, shows to Trip that Ash might be on to something. Something that then would develop into a better battle in the league.

Trip isn't going away, so I want to see his character done well. There's plenty to work with and this tournament is designed perfectly to do so.

They don't want to do a time-skip because it's apparent the writers want Ash to stay 10 years old forever.

Edit: You know, it would've been nice to see Bianca show off her BW2 outfit for this tournament. :(

So , They thought if they declare Ash as a 10 year old Kid at the beginning of Best Wish then People will accept Trip to be in the same level as Ash & Completely ignore the fact that Ash has 5 year more experience then Trip!

...No he doesn't

Ash being traveling 5 year

...No he isn't

For example , Ash might become more Free-Spirit like Goku (Dragon Ball) Natsu (Fairy tail ) Luffy(One Piece) after his training with Alder.
Those Character are Strong , Innocent & Smart but They lack common sense's. May be Ash should be like that!

So, Ash should become even more cliché?

And Junior Cup is the perfect place because this is the Place where Ash not only just gonna battle in front of Alder but he also can officially battle Alder if he Wins So Its a Perfect Tournament where Alder become interested in making Ash his Apprentice!

I honestly can't see Ash becoming Alder's apprentice.

Plus , If there any progression in Ash position at Unova League & Trip is the main Rival Then Trip will reach the TOP 4!

And then turns out the writers decide to be different and Trip loses at the first round. I doubt that will happen, but it's not guaranteed Trip's gonna reach top 4.

Plus , If Ash has to call upon a Pokemon from Prof oak's Lad to Fight Alder then the good choice would be Tauros!
Since a Battle between Alder's Bouffalant and Ash's Tauros would be nice !
Ox Vs Ox ! The Battle of OX !!!
Isn't that sound much more interesting!!!

No, it doesn't. None of Ash's 30 Tauros should fight agaisn't friggin Alder, really. If Ash DID fight Alder, then I think he would call Charizard/Infernape, Sceptile/Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Heracross, Swellow/Staraptor and, duh, Pikachu (Since they're Ash's strongest Pokémon, in my opinion)

Anyway, I think that the options are:

1- Ash loses to Trip, who wins, tries to fight Alder and loses miserably. In the league, Ash proceeds to destroy Trip.
2- Ash pwns Trip, then loses to the new rival, who wins the cup and loses in some way to Alder. In the league, Ash defeats the new rival.
3- Ash wins the tournament, fights with Alder and probably loses, then something happens during the league.

...Yea, I think the first one is the most possible, though I would prefer if the second or the third happened.

I also think Trip will win this. People need to remember that Trip has been shown to be failing battle after battle before this.

I think the last time we actual saw him do decently was when he tied with Ash earlier on in BW.

OK what's all this bout a time skip ash can probably make it to the finals if he brings back old pokemons(By that i mean his strongest that already evolved) haven't u noticed that pikachu tends to do better when he is beside a strong team like in the sinnoh league his pikachu tied with a latios without any help.

Anyway, I think that the options are:

1- Ash loses to Trip, who wins, tries to fight Alder and loses miserably. In the league, Ash proceeds to destroy Trip.
2- Ash pwns Trip, then loses to the new rival, who wins the cup and loses in some way to Alder. In the league, Ash defeats the new rival.
3- Ash wins the tournament, fights with Alder and probably loses, then something happens during the league.

...Yea, I think the first one is the most possible, though I would prefer if the second or the third happened.
There is another option
-Ash win The Junior Cup and gets carried away! He start to take the Unova League too lightly until The New Rival arrive and Beat him .Then He tell Ash that There is a trainer even stronger then him will participate in Unova League! Ash realize that he can't take Unova League lightly just because he won the Junior Cup and Start a intense training!
Now , With your 3 option!
I want to know what ending most fan Would prefer!
Not a Ending that gonna happen But The Ending everybody want to happen!

And then turns out the writers decide to be different and Trip loses at the first round. I doubt that will happen, but it's not guaranteed Trip's gonna reach top 4.
You know , I was asked in this form by many people to accept Trip as a Main Rival!!!!
So , If Trip really is the main rival then This is What is going to happen !!!
Unless , Ash doesn't progress this time or Trip isn't the Main rival!
Or Ash win the League which mean Trip will be the finalist!
Its being the same since Jotho , Hoenn & Sinnoh! Ash lose's the League after he defects his main rival!
I also think Trip will win this. People need to remember that Trip has been shown to be failing battle after battle before this.

I think the last time we actual saw him do decently was when he tied with Ash earlier on in BW.
So what he's being failing !
He never suppose to be Ash's superior Rival in first place ! Trip able to become that though Writer Favoritism!
If Writer has a little Brain , He's not going to ruin The Season 2 by giving Trip The Junior Cup!
Specially Since The Junior Cup Delaying The Unova League!!!
Which by the way, Is a Taboo for Ash to win !!!
I'm not waiting for 3 month just for Tournament meant for Trip. They even put 2 month filler before the Junior Cup!
Plus , Junior Cup would do much better as The League-After Saga!
Since Its a Taboo for Ash to win Unova League , Why can't Ash win the Tournament he can win ???
Or Its Also a Taboo for Ash to win any Major individual Tournament!!!
I'm Sick & Tired of Writer always treating Other Character better then Ash! Ash probably one of most mistreated Main character!
Atleast In other Anime , There is a good Story-Plotwise reason for Main Character to be Mistreated!
But Pokemon doesn't have any real Plotwise Reason for Ash to be Mistreated like this!
After all ,How many Main Character become inferior to a total rookie after having 5 year experience!!!
Writer just think Ash inferiority to Trip gonna make people feel new fun in Pokemon which by the way failed , FAILED Failed!!!

Last edited:
I think the problem with the notion that Trip "needs" to win this tournament to make up for his poor performances in the last two Don tournaments is that Trip hasn't really shown being affected by these losses besides just being a sore loser when he up and leaves immediately after losing, and even then the viewers are only able to infer that much of Trip by looking deeply into what little the canon actually gives us for the guy.

And honestly, these losses are probably the "best" (by that I mean "least worse") thing the writers have done for Trip so far, as a newbie like him who has some very lame philosophies about how to get stronger (that he tends to contradict at times for no explained reason) has no business being any sort of credible threat. Honestly, what pissed me off the most about Trip (besides being boring and having the weakest excuse of a rivalry with Ash) was in the early part of BW where they let his untrained Snivy take down a Pikachu that just beat a Latios a few episodes back (power-down be damned), and less than 10 episodes later the "beginning trainer" already has a full team of six Pokemon that are all considerably well-trained, in addition to always being ahead of Ash in badge count and none of that ever made any logical sense, hence why he was regarded as a Gary Stu by many for that time. These losses later on helped make Trip out to be more realistic in his role as a newbie, though being so nonchalant about his losses and not being fazed in the least by them made it so that he was nigh on impossible to connect with. Trip simply isn't very befitting of his assigned role; only his losses (and just the losses themselves; not how Trip reacts to them or how they don't affect him long-term) do that.

I'm betting that Trip won't be that different in this tournament (besides maybe being bitter over Alder for not remembering how awesome he isn't), and as I said before, I can't see how Trip getting to battle Alder will do anything that his previous meeting with Alder didn't. They really haven't given Trip any sort of subtle development or foreshadowing or anything that makes me interested in seeing how he'll fare in this tournament. He's not going to re-assert himself as Ash's "main" rival if he beats him again here, because nothing at all has changed in their rivalry. Unless the writers spontaneously decide to actually develop Trip beyond the hollow shell of the newbie he is here, I really don't see how this tournament will massively benefit him should he win.

Maybe it's personal bias, as I still believe Trip never should have been the "main rival" given his status of ignorant newbie and it was only through his past losses that finally portrayed him as being such. Winning here makes me feel he'll just go right back to a Gary Stu routine, so really winning the tournament would send him a step backwards rather than validating him as a threat. I doubt this will help me take Trip even remotely seriously, either. Really, as it's been said, based on who we know is entering this tournament, the vast majority of the participants there all have more significant things to gain by winning than Trip does, if you really think about it. The previous Don tournaments one way or another showcased the potential for the other BW rivals (even Burgundy), and based on that I want to see them all (except Stephan; he's had his time in the limelight) perform well here, as I believe that would show some true progression in their characters. Since Trip's "progression" never made any goddamn sense to begin with, I'm likely only going to view his performance here as a deal with the DEM devil.

In the end, win or lose, I suspect I won't care for Trip any more than I do now. If he couldn't learn from Alder when he got to meet him in the flesh, I don't see what he could learn from battling him, either. It just feels like a waste of time to pretend Trip is anything other than a joke. By extension that makes his rivalry with Ash a joke, but that's one motive I see from the writers that would make him want to win this. But that's gonna come off as a "too little, too late" effort; I'm calling that now. They could have made this much better than actually having Trip show some quasi-realistic reactions to losing the way he did in the past to at least inspire the audience to make us feel sorry enough for him to want the writers to throw him a bone here, but of course that's not the case. All I want to see now is a running gag of Trip losing in the first round of every tournament he participates in all the way up until he leaves the series.

That way I can have something to laugh about, at least.

Yea, I also do think Trip was kind of... No, seriously a Marty Stu. Always winning, including against someone who SHOULD be friggin well-known already because of not bad~good league places, a battle frontier, and the Orange League... 6 good Pokémon who DESTROY the team of said somebody... Oh, and he's also really bland.

However, with that "Battling Alder" thing, I'm pretty sure that Trip will win this. It's not what I would prefer, but...

Yea, I also do think Trip was kind of... No, seriously a Marty Stu. Always winning, including against someone who SHOULD be friggin well-known already because of not bad~good league places, a battle frontier, and the Orange League... 6 good Pokémon who DESTROY the team of said somebody... Oh, and he's also really bland.

However, with that "Battling Alder" thing, I'm pretty sure that Trip will win this. It's not what I would prefer, but...
Just Because Trip had a thing with Alder in Childhood doesn't mean that Trip own Alder!!!
There not need to waste Junior Cup for A Stupid little Promise Trip got from Alder!!!
@Shinneth right !!!
Trip winning the Junior Cup wouldn't change Anything!!!
People will be just as crazy about Ash beating Trip as they are right now! It doesn't matter if Trip win Junior Cup or not!
Trip Winning The Junior cup Only gonna make Watching Pokemon UNBEARABLE!!!
How I'm gonna watch the rest of serie??
How I can enjoy it after Trip humiliated Ash for the 3rd Time?
How I Suppose to enjoy the series After watching Ash unable beat a rookie for a whole year and only manage to get a close victory from him?
When Ash lose to Trip for 2nd time , It create a HUGE DISCOMFORT inside of me! I couldn't fully enjoy any more episode! Everytime Ash does something Good , I feel like its nothing because he can't beat a Rookie properly !All Ash's hard work & Past achievement seem worthless now !It feel like All Ash's past trial & lesson was for nothing since a Rookie is superior then him without going though all that!
Worst part is , Writer didn't do anything to make it bearable ! Instate They start to use Ash as Punching bag making My DISCOMFORT even worst !
Now Imagine What gonna happen if I see Trip winning the Junior Cup???
If this Happen and If Ash only mange to beat Trip in Unova league after a Close Battle!
Then Not only my DISCOMFORT will grow but it will also gonna stay forever! I think I can't watch any more episode !
So , I probably stop watching Pokemon!
By the Way
I don't think Iris should win ether since her goal has nothing to do with Junior Cup and her B2W2 Spoiler has nothing to do with the Anime!
She might even become Less Popular if she take another Tournament from Ash!
Instate , I would Like Iris to Lose and HER TO GET FORCE BY DAWN TO WEAR ''A CUTE CHEERLEADER'' OUTFIT AND CHEER FOR ASH IN JUNIOR CUP!
Now That's Something people will like to see!!!
Iris should also change her hair style when she wear the Cheerleader outfit!
Plus , I would like Cilan to get force into CROSS-DRESSING as a Cheerleader!

Hurricane Kishore;4142116 Just Because [B said:
Trip had a thing with Alder in Childhood doesn't mean that Trip own Alder!!![/B]
When did anyone ever say Trip owns Alder? Their storylines are connected because Trip has always wanted to face Alder as a child. Therefore, Trip would enter this competition for his chance to battle Alder.
There not need to waste Junior Cup for A Stupid little Promise Trip got from Alder!!!
And by "stupid little promise", you mean Trip's whole goal. He wants to beat the Champion.
How I Suppose to enjoy the series After watching Ash unable beat a rookie for a whole year and only manage to get a close victory from him?
Ash tends to lose to/tie with his rivals. They're a challenge, it'd be boring if he just beat them every single time.
I wouldn't like Ash to keep losing, but I would say Trip *humiliated* Ash. Ash lost, plain and simple, picks himself up and keeps trying.
I'm fully confident that Ash will beat Trip in the League.
And Ash's team is weaker this gen, and Trip tends to train a lot, so it's not like any of this is unjustified.

When Ash lose to Trip for 2nd time , It create a HUGE DISCOMFORT inside of me! I couldn't fully enjoy any more episode! Everytime Ash does something Good , I feel like its nothing because he can't beat a Rookie properly !All Ash's hard work & Past achievement seem worthless now !It feel like All Ash's past trial & lesson was for nothing since a Rookie is superior then him without going though all that!
Worst part is , Writer didn't do anything to make it bearable ! Instate They start to use Ash as Punching bag making My DISCOMFORT even worst !
Ash isn't a punching bag. Y'know why Ash keeps losing to Trip?
Their first battle, his Pikachu was weakened by Zekrom.
Ash's Unova Pokemon aren't really that strong.
Trip works hard for his power and trains his Pokemon, which seems to be more than Ash is doing.

Now Imagine What gonna happen if I see Trip winning the Junior Cup???
If this Happen and If Ash only mange to beat Trip in Unova league after a Close Battle!
Hopefully, Ash will beat Trip in the League using his old Pokemon and show him how powerful he really is.
Trip winning the Junior Cup gives him a battle with Alder and more progress in his (uninteresting) storyline.

Then Not only my DISCOMFORT will grow but it will also gonna stay forever! I think I can't watch any more episode !
So , I probably stop watching Pokemon!
Good for you.

By the Way
I don't think Iris should win ether since her goal has nothing to do with Junior Cup and her B2W2 Spoiler has nothing to do with the Anime!
She might even become Less Popular if she take another Tournament from Ash!
"Take another tournament from Ash"
As if these tournament wins are rightfully ASH'S and Iris keeps stealing them ._.

Instate , I would Like Iris to Lose and HER TO GET FORCE BY DAWN TO WEAR ''A CUTE CHEERLEADER'' OUTFIT AND CHEER FOR ASH IN JUNIOR CUP!
Now That's Something people will like to see!!!
Iris should also change her hair style when she wear the Cheerleader outfit!
Plus , I would like Cilan to get force into CROSS-DRESSING as a Cheerleader!
That would actually be hilarious, but I don't see it happening.

Hurricane Kishore;4142116 Just Because [B said:
Trip had a thing with Alder in Childhood doesn't mean that Trip own Alder!!![/B]
When did anyone ever say Trip owns Alder? Their storylines are connected because Trip has always wanted to face Alder as a child. Therefore, Trip would enter this competition for his chance to battle Alder.
And by "stupid little promise", you mean Trip's whole goal. He wants to beat the Champion.
Ash tends to lose to/tie with his rivals. They're a challenge, it'd be boring if he just beat them every single time.
I wouldn't like Ash to keep losing, but I would say Trip *humiliated* Ash. Ash lost, plain and simple, picks himself up and keeps trying.
I'm fully confident that Ash will beat Trip in the League.
And Ash's team is weaker this gen, and Trip tends to train a lot, so it's not like any of this is unjustified.

Ash isn't a punching bag. Y'know why Ash keeps losing to Trip?
Their first battle, his Pikachu was weakened by Zekrom.
Ash's Unova Pokemon aren't really that strong.
Trip works hard for his power and trains his Pokemon, which seems to be more than Ash is doing.
Just Because Trip wanted Battle Alder as a Kid doesn't mean he's connected to Alder!
A lot Kids want to battle the Champion when they are little including Ash!
Trip's Childhood Dream doesn't make him any Different then any of those Kids!
Plus , What development in Story plot can happen with Trip winning the Junior Cup???
NOTHING GONNA CHANGE , NOTHINGGGGG
People already looking forward to Ash beating Trip ! Trip winning or Losing the Junior Cup wouldn't change any of it!
And Ash finally beating Trip in Unova League isn't enough!!!
I know ,Ash gonna beat Trip in Unova League ! Everybody knows that!
But Ash Should Crush Trip to the Ground before the League as a experience Trainer and THE MASTER OF BATTLE FRONTIER!!!
The fact that Ash Own skill wasn't enough to Crush Trip before the League and he needed his old pokemon to do it is humiliating as Well!
Ash May Beat Trip in Unova League but Ash wouldn't recover his Lost Honer !
By the way , Just because Ash using his Unova Pokemon , Doesn't mean he has to be Weak compare to Trip because Ash's Own Skill as a Pokemon trainer should be enough!
Let me remind you !!!!
-Ash haven't won a Major individual tournament yet while his Female Companion did !!!
-Ash won't be the Unova League champion!
So , If Ash at least achieve Something like Junior Cup before leaving Unova then it will be LESS REGRETFUL
All Ash's Unova Journey now have is regret and nothing but regret!!!
By the way , Just because Trip is rival doesn't change the fact the Trip is less experience compare to Ash !
Plus After Sinnoh League, Ash should be in a Level far beyond Trip .
When did Trip train harder then Ash?
Just because Trip has well develop Pokemon doesn't mean he train harder then Ash does!
Bianca , Cabernet, Gerogia, Steven & Suwama has more develop Unova Pokemon then Ash ! So does they train harder then Ash as well!
Berry & Morrison had more Develop pokemon then Ash When they first Appear ! Does it mean that they train harder then Ash!
Writer simply give referring Character more develop pokemon ! It was always the same!

Last edited:
Plus , What development in Story plot can happen with Trip winning the Junior Cup???

It would finish Trip's "story", which means he would have less reasons to have a "big" fight with Ash in the league, which means Ash would beat him faster, thus fulfilling your dreams. '-'

People already looking forward to Ash beating Trip ! Trip winning or Losing the Junior Cup wouldn't change any of it!

...Yes it will

And Ash finally beating Trip in Unova League isn't enough!!!

...Yes it is

The fact that Ash Own skill wasn't enough to Crush Trip before the League and he needed his old pokemon to do it is humiliating as Well!

...It's not Ash's fault if his Pokémon are weaker this time. And yes, the Pokémon DO affect it. Are you seriously expecting a, like, level 5 Oshawott be as good as a Charizard who defeated an Articuno?

Ash beating Trip in the Tournament wouldn't, either.

By the way , Just because Ash using his Unova Pokemon , Doesn't mean he has to be Weak compare to Trip because Ash's Own Skill as a Pokemon trainer should be enough!

Ash isn't any kind of prodigy.

-Ash haven't won a Major individual tournament yet while his Female Companion did !!!

So, you think Ash should win everything and destroy absolutely every enemy in his path? That would be boring as heck. At least in Best Wishes they are having variety in the tournament winners...

-Ash won't be the Unova League champion!

Are you from the future?

So , If Ash at least achieve Something like Junior Cup before leaving Unova then it will be LESS REGRETFUL

Unova League would make it even less.

By the way , Just because Trip is rival doesn't change the fact the Trip is less experience compare to Ash !

Ash destroying Trip would be really boring.

Plus After Sinnoh League, Ash should be in a Level far beyond Trip .

Pikachu should. The only humans with levels I know are Brycenman, the Blackbelt from the future and the giant woman. /literal

When did Trip train harder then Ash?

Even Joey trains harder than Ash...

Just because Trip has well develop Pokemon doesn't mean he train harder then Ash does!

...Yes it does.

Bianca , Cabernet, Gerogia, Steven & Suwama has more develop Unova Pokemon then Ash ! So does they train harder then Ash as well!

...Yes they do

Berry & Morrison had more Develop pokemon then Ash When they first Appear ! Does it mean that they train harder then Ash!

...Yes it does

It would finish Trip's "story", which means he would have less reasons to have a "big" fight with Ash in the league, which means Ash would beat him faster, thus fulfilling your dreams. '-'
How does Trip winning the Junior Cup give less reason for Ash to have a big Showdown with him!
If Ash Beat Trip in Junior cup then it would give less reason for Ash to have big fight with Trip ! I'm totally fine with it because I want Ash to have a big fight with more experience Trainer !
...It's not Ash's fault if his Pokémon are weaker this time. And yes, the Pokémon DO affect it. Are you seriously expecting a, like, level 5 Oshawott be as good as a Charizard who defeated an Articuno?
If a Level 5 Snivy beat a Pikachu that defected legendary pokemon twice , Then Why can't a Level 5 Oshaswott take down Charizard!
Plus Ash should have more develop Pokemon by now so Why Writer isn't developing Ash pokemon!
If Ash need Training then Why Writer wasting it by writing Episode about Ash & Cute little Pokemon playing around & getting chase by Onix?????
So, you think Ash should win everything and destroy absolutely every enemy in his path? That would be boring as heck. At least in Best Wishes they are having variety in the tournament winners...
So You basically saying ''Ash shouldn't win any Major Tournament! All major individual Tournament should only be for OTHER CHARACTER ! Ash should get nothing , Nothing at all ! He should be a punching bag & Stand in Conner clapping hand Like a Loser while all his friend wins !!!!
That's Even More Pathetic Then Ash winning Every Tournament!!!
Other character should get to win a Tournament But that doesn't mean Ash shouldn't win Any Major Individual Tournament at all! He should just lose all of them for Other Character!!!
Pokemon at ready focus on other Character more any other Anime ! In other Sport Anime Only the Main Character, His Teammate ,Rival and Couch gets focus while the Main Character's friend just cheer for him!
Like Hmm I don't know may be Yugioh , Prince of Tennis & Intial D
Unova League would make it even less.
Don't you know that Its a TABOO for Ash to win any League Conference!
Every Experience Pokemon fan know that !
Ash will only win the League Conference of his final Journey!
Unova Journey doesn't deserve to be Ash's final Journey Since its his worst Journey!
Plus , If DP Ash can't win the League then How Can I expect the Pathetic BW Ash to Win Unova League who can't even beat a Rookie properly!
Unless , This Time Any Good trainer aren't Participating in Unova League !
Ash destroying Trip would be really boring.
Trip destroying Ash and Insulting him is even more Pathetic!
Ash isn't any kind of prodigy.
Trip wasn't said to be a Prodigy ether! Its a excuse all Trip fan come up with to Justify him as a Rival.
Plus , There some Trainer A Child Prodigy can't beat right away without maximum amount of Experience!
Ash ,The Master of Battle Frontier & The Second Best trainer In Sinnoh League Last year is One of Those Trainer!

Ash beating Trip in the Tournament wouldn't, either.
Well , If Ash totally Crush Trip without Breaking a Swat then he can regain his Honer!
For example, Ash & Trip have a 3 vs 6 Pokemon Battle where Trip can use 6 Pokemon while Ash allow to use 3 Pokemon!
Ash has to Beat Trip the same way a Strong experience Trainer defects a complete Newbie!!!
Then It will be Satisfying !
I think ,
Trip will face Shizui in Junior Cup who will show his Ability as the Strongest Gym Leader in Unova By Taking down Trip's 3 Pokemon with Just One Pokemon !
Then Alder will Force Trip to watch Ash's battle to teach Trip the really Philosophy of Pokemon Training!!!
By the way ,Writer can give & Evolve any Off-screen Character Pokemon with a Story Plot but he can't do the same With Ash's Pokemon !
Plus , Some fan get too attach to Ash's Cute Little Baby sized Pokemon & Doesn't Want then to Evolve! Also Japanise Kids are said to find Training Pokemon !
So Its Their Fault why Ash doesn't shown training !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom