• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

World Tournament player dead at 16

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Back due to popular demand!
Reaction score
I knew him. He was at the local league, and he was always so incredibly nice to everyone. Ketsuban told me about this yesterday and it blew my mind. Anyone here know him from the National or World tournaments?

http://www.oregonlive.com/obituaries/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/obits/118471294179541.xml&coll=7

Cason Preston Terjeson
Tuesday, July 17, 2007
A memorial service will be at 4 p.m. Sunday, July 22, 2007, in Southridge High School in Beaverton for Cason Preston Terjeson, who died July 14 in a truck accident at age 16.

Cason was born May 8, 1991, in Pendleton. He lived in Honolulu for a year before moving in 2002 to Beaverton. He had completed his sophomore year at Southridge High School. An honor roll student, he was an International Baccalaureate candidate, was voted Duke of Intellect and several times voted citizen of the month, and was awarded honors in the Johns Hopkins National Academic Talent Search. He was a camp counselor for two years at Camp Invention. He played in World Pokemon tournaments, and was ranked in the top five in Oregon and 58th in the world. He was working on the family wheat farm at the time of his death.

Survivors include his parents, Jan Peterson-Terjeson and Matthew J. Terjeson; sister, Lydia J.; and grandparents, Barbara K. Hale, Herbert L. Peterson and Marilyn and James Terjeson.

Remembrances to the Cason Terjeson Memorial Scholarship Fund at any Banner Bank. Arrangements by Burns Mortuary in Pendleton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom