• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Designed Pokémon?

You shitting me? Whats wrong with Yanmega?

You know, Ill admit that I kinda like Muk. I only have a grudge against it because some people think its cool but think Swalot is stupid. Swalot fucking rocks!

But Muk is still very uncreative.

By the way, anyone who mentions Maggyo is gonna get shot.

You shitting me? Whats wrong with Yanmega?

You know, Ill admit that I kinda like Muk. I only have a grudge against it because some people think its cool but think Swalot is stupid. Swalot fucking rocks!

But Muk is still very uncreative.

By the way, anyone who mentions Maggyo is gonna get shot.

Yeah, Yanmega is awesome... but maggyo....(i didn't say anything) ...hahah...
on another note, pokemon should really start to have 3 types now cuz maggyo should be a water type too.

You man hahah in a good way, right?

It doesnt need to be Water just cause its a fish.

Quoted for the truth.

I mean, you guys are complaining that "this is uncreative or that blah blah"

For the first time, we have a NON WATER FISH. SO YEAH. FUCK YEAH. FUCK YEAH MAGGYO.

I incline to disagree. It's based on Quetzalcoatl, and that's very creative in my opinion.
They just made it look..well, like a Pokémon, so it's a cartoonized version of this:
quetzalcoatl__teotihuacan_by_genzoman-d31393q.jpg

By GENZOMAN

I just woke up 10 minutes ago, yet you already made my day

266.gif
268.gif

They're balls with spikes and an eye. That's it.
The only difference is one's white and the other's red

Dunsparce. Not just the way it looks, which is freaky. But it seems.... out of place somehow. I don't know how to explain it, but just seems like something they threw together to fill up space.

If Dunsparce had an evolution, that would be A-WE-SO-ME. For now, it's just filling space. Still, I don't think Dunsparce sucks... not so hard.

You man hahah in a good way, right?

It doesnt need to be Water just cause its a fish.

Same for Shibishirasu line. (non-water eels)

Still, I'm dissapointed Shibirudon can't learn Surf.

Back to topic, IMHO the worst designed are Gulpin and Swalot.

I dont really get Pidgey. Its a basic bird. But, it was one of the first pokemon. No hate.

I don't think any Pokémon is especially badly designed. They all have their own characteristic and personality which makes them stand out. Even stuff I dislike, like Scyther, have certain depth to them.

If I had to say one... it'd be Charizard. Generic western dragon concept. The only difference is its flaming tail. At least Salamence is western dragon + Devilman, and Dragonite is western dragon + Barney + Orange. Nowadays, so many Pokémon outdo Charizard in its very few quirks. The flaming tail is done to death, and with much cooler expositors such as Magmar and Infernape. The fatness is better on Dragonite and Magmortar. The dumb face as seen in some games is much better performed by Aerodactyl. The coolness... you get my drift.

All that's keeping Charizard unique is being the only non-Legendary Fire/Flying, which isn't exactly something to brag about.

Jynx and Parasect are badly designed in my opinion. Jynx is plain ugly and Parasect looks creepy, especially his eyes.

I generally like most designs. Gen I's my least favorite, of them all, though. It's so... bland.

I've actually come to like all of the Generation V Pokemon.

... Except Maggyo. You couldn't pay me to like its design.

I just woke up 10 minutes ago, yet you already made my day

:eek:
...I formally retract my statement

Just doing what I have to do to keep Dunsparce's legacy alive. lol.

BACK TO TOPIC!:

I have been thinking a lot and couldn't seem to pick a Pokémon that I deem to have a really bad design. But that's when I did not consider any of the Generation V Pokémon. I pick the Vanipetti line. Although I do not wholeheartedly detest its design, If I had to pick a line of Pokémon that was designed the worst, well, I have to go with this. I like the concept of a Pokémon that resembles food, but they could've done more than just putting eyes on a sundae.

Just doing what I have to do to keep Dunsparce's legacy alive. lol.

BACK TO TOPIC!:

I have been thinking a lot and couldn't seem to pick a Pokémon that I deem to have a really bad design. But that's when I did not consider any of the Generation V Pokémon. I pick the Vanipetti line. Although I do not wholeheartedly detest its design, If I had to pick a line of Pokémon that was designed the worst, well, I have to go with this. I like the concept of a Pokémon that resembles food, but they could've done more than just putting eyes on a sundae.

I have to agree. 1st form is cute, second is decent, and the third is creepy. It's the second with an extra head attached to it. Not even an extra neck. Just another face!

Quoted for the truth.

I mean, you guys are complaining that "this is uncreative or that blah blah"

For the first time, we have a NON WATER FISH. SO YEAH. FUCK YEAH. FUCK YEAH MAGGYO.

Hahaha, yeah in a good way... Well i just think its weird especially because it lives in water, yet is 4x weak to it...

Gochiruzeru. The first time I looked at it, I seriously said, "WHAT. WERE. THEY. SMOKING???"

>> Worst design EVAR.

Gochiruzeru. The first time I looked at it, I seriously said, "WHAT. WERE. THEY. SMOKING???"

>> Worst design EVAR.

Hahaha, well it is similar to Mr. Mime (which I don't really like), which is a 1 gen pokemon. It is also similar to Gardevoir cuz they're like human shaped and femenine.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom