• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Worst Series Transition?

What was the worst series transition?

• OS -> AG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AG -> DP

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • DP -> BW

Votes: 55 69.6%
  • BW -> XY

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • XY -> SM

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • SM -> JN

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters
Judging by this thread, can we all agree that Ash Ketchum is a very inconsistently written character who changes Personalities in every series? :unsure:
I'd say he was mostly consistent (or rather, he followed a natural though slow character development path) from Kanto to Sinnoh. After that the series' became more self contained and the issues became very obvious.

What sort of issues?
His character becoming inconsistent between series'. BW had him making bizarre rookie mistakes again like not bringing a full team to Gym battles and then getting knocked out of the league by someone who thought the Unova league would be held in another region.
XY then felt like it was trying to continue the path left by Sinnoh by making him a respected "ace" figure, but Sun/Moon went for a more comedic tone.

His character becoming inconsistent between series'. BW had him making bizarre rookie mistakes again like not bringing a full team to Gym battles and then getting knocked out of the league by someone who thought the Unova league would be held in another region.
XY then felt like it was trying to continue the path left by Sinnoh by making him a respected "ace" figure, but Sun/Moon went for a more comedic tone.
I Honestly Think BW was In Another Universe and Ash Went To Kalos After DP.

In Johto They Could've made A Character Based on Gold.
Oddly enough they actually DID
Look up "The Legend of Thunder"

The only problem with this theory is that Bonnie and Clemont have met Cilan

Judging by this thread, can we all agree that Ash Ketchum is a very inconsistently written character who changes Personalities in every series? :unsure:

I'd say that that became more of an issue starting from BW. The changes in Ash's personality in AG and DP felt a bit more natural by comparison, but otherwise, I think that would be an accurate statement.

That doesn't really make sense though. The shot of Ash's room in the first BW episode confirmed that it is still set within the same continuity. There were items he got in both AG and DP throughout his room. Dawn also later appeared in BW. Not to mention going to Kalos after DP doesn't really work when he met Alexa in the tail end of BW. As much as people may not like the series or how Ash was handled, BW is still in the same continuity as every other series.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom